shud Melo be kicked off the Team USA ?

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:02 am

Paul wrote:The Series aint over yet, what if melo drops 30+ points in the next 4 games and the Nuggets advance?

Not that i want it, but dont talk like we won the series already.

:man10:
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby suniloneal34 on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:04 am

There seems to be a lot of undue hate on the Melo man. I think out of everyone on the nuggets team he single-handedly has had a great attitude. I think people misinterpreted his post game comments from the 3rd game. He did not quit in the sense that he wasn't trying...he was just saying that the Lakers demoralized them and that as a team, from top to bottom everyone felt that game slip away at one point during the 3rd.

I think even with his bad fg% etc he is the only player on the nuggets actually playing offense the right way...he is driving (just not making layups right now because he is frustrated). Melo really is just the product of being in the wrong environment...you put him around people that are dedicated to basketball and to preparation for it and he will follow suit. He is a great talent and a coachable guy from everything I have ever seen. Personal decision he hasn't been the smartest but again a product of his environment...hanging out with the wrong crowd etc. It is tough not to hang with your "comfort" zone friends even though it might be prohibitive to your growth and development.
You put him in a team USA environment and being around the right type of people will really help him. It must be frustrating to go back to a team that doesn't play defense and doesn't play continuity offense.
suniloneal34

Postby BB on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:33 am

GinoDB, it's not me who brought this idea on the thread.

Anyways, I don't think Melo should be removed off the team. If anything, his replacement should be Josh Smith.
BB

Postby A_V_R on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:52 am

Carmelo is a human being.

Right now he is facing both private life turmoil and failure in his professional life.

He needs an outlet this summer. And its obvious basketball is going to be intregal to his growth, its the best therapy. He is great in FIBA and he seems to enjoy the comroadarie a team built of some of the greatest players in the world. Let the boy play.
My quicks smell like french toast
A_V_R

Postby GinoDB on Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:14 am

BB wrote:GinoDB, it's not me who brought this idea on the thread.

Anyways, I don't think Melo should be removed off the team. If anything, his replacement should be Josh Smith.

agreed, I understand I probably worded it wrong , so I change it a little
GinoDB

Postby GinoDB on Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:17 am

pls note im not a Melo hater, I was all praises of his game before the series started, hes so good at shooting mid-range which is still a lost art to some extent .

this is about whether the people in charge will feel he is a bad role model and has poor attitude that fans will not like and players might not be too happy he makes it over them.
GinoDB

Postby Juronimo on Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:20 am

Melo off team USA? He was our best offensive player last summer. Don't let his awful playoff play influece you. Melo is made for the international game.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby GinoDB on Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:26 am

Juronimo wrote:Melo off team USA? He was our best offensive player last summer. Don't let his awful playoff play influece you. Melo is made for the international game.

I understand that, but do you think its enough to outweigh his troubles recently ?
and how his criticizing the coach / and talking about how he usually takes a nap during the time game 3 was played / the DUI .
I myself actually think it is myself(unless he does another stupid thing), just made this thread to see people's opinions
GinoDB

Postby Darth Bynumite on Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:04 pm

The guy doesn't deserve to represent a country. I'm not big on any international torunament, but you don't want you're country (I'm not American obviously, I'm speaking as if I were one) being represented by drunken wannabe thugs. He should be booted off the team.
Darth Bynumite

Postby png247 on Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:49 pm

does spain make sure they send only their "good" citizens? germany? italy? whoever else that participates?

might as well send grant hill, didn't he just win the sportsmanship award?
png247

Postby shaveice on Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:09 pm

SMH, Carmelo attacked the rim virtually every play. He's golden. Give him the rock and tell him to score, he'll muscle through. Why kick a talented player like that?

@ the haters. Let's kick Kobe off cause of Colorado. Let's kick J-Kidd because of domestic abuse. Then on the soft side, let's kick Bron off cause he speeds.

Lmao, y'all are tools.
If you don't support the country, why do you live in the country?
shaveice

Postby Enforcer on Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:25 pm

No reason to kick Melo off the team
Enforcer

Postby strikemode14 on Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:36 pm

Melo isn't going anywhere. He is the second best player in int'l play beside Kobe and even that you can argue he is the best scorer with Kobe focusing more on D.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Iceberg Slim on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:03 pm

Should Melo get kicked off the team? I wouldn't even consider it. There is no reason to.

Should Jason Kidd be kicked off the team because he getting outplayed by Chris Paul right now? Of course not. He's still a good fit for the job and is what America needs.

Should Carmelo Anthony be kicked off the team for driving while intoxicated. No. He made a mistake. He's human. And the mistake isn't murder, rape, or anything so socially severe the NBA wouldn't want to tie its name to him. Its already old news and we have all put it behind us already.
www.thesportslyceum.com - personal blog

Iceberg Slim

Postby Armo Flava on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:10 pm

it's just DUI !! like 70% of America does it. It;s not like he shot someone.
"i leave FLY dust on my haters when im passin em by"

Armo Flava

Postby nameant on Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:19 pm

Armo Flava wrote:it's just DUI !! like 70% of America does it. It;s not like he shot someone.

Great way to look at it... :freak2:
nameant

Postby RJ on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:58 pm

No way. Melo is money in international ball.
[PSN ID: RJN]

{CLK} One team. One Clan.
RJ, No Scope, Nissan, CrazyLikeCatfish, LD2K, Helljumper, TXLAKERFAN
PM me to join.
RJ

Postby blocks on Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:21 am

No way he will...Jim Boeheim is an assistant coach with Team USA.
under pressure, you either bust pipes or make diamonds
blocks

Postby BDG on Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:25 am

After Kobe, Melo was probably had the biggest impact on the team last summer ... don't know why you'd want to get rid of him -- his jumper was money.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby badboyhoward on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:16 pm

all it was only a dui,he didn't kill nobody and he didn't get hurt so no u don't kick melo off the team that would be crazy.
badboyhoward

Postby MadMax on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:34 pm

badboyhoward wrote:all it was only a dui,he didn't kill nobody and he didn't get hurt so no u don't kick melo off the team that would be crazy.

dude, do you know how many people get killed each year from drunk drivers?

Just because he didn't kill anyone this time, then its 'ok' in your opinion?

I'm not saying he 'shud' get kicked off Team USA, but your logic is only if he killed or hurt someone then its a big deal.
MadMax

Postby Azndude2190 on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:54 pm

Melo plays great in international ball.Keep him.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby Mr. Chicken on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:07 pm

Nah. The guy's been trouble all year, but none of us can't discount his success on Team USA. I look for him to be an effective 4 man for the team.
"I'm chasing perfection"--Kobe Bryant
Mr. Chicken

Previous

Return to Team USA