Since Kobe is out Wade should be Leader of USA???

Since Kobe is out Wade should be Leader of USA???

Postby ADT on Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:10 pm

I find it funny how all of a sudden everyone including haters were counting and depending on Kobe to bail them out and win a gold medal! IRONIC?? I think Lebron will lead! who do u think will lead? I KNOW KOBE WILL LEAD IN 08 but during training camp whos the leader gonna be?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13908434/page/2/
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

Formally known as: KobeOdom24/7

I Bleed Purple & Gold!!

Ship His A$$ out!
-Kobe Bryant on Andrew Bynum

ADT

Postby jjin28 on Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:21 pm

While kobe is out, Brand should lead. He has been in the league the longest of that bunch, most humble of them all, and the other guys are just too too young. If I was Lebron, I would be like, im not going to let dwayne wade lead me or carmelo lead me. and vice versa. cant be one of the young guys.
jjin28

Postby Azndude2190 on Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:21 pm

i think Kobe will still provide good advice to the team on the bench.But yeah no doubt Wade AND LBJ are the leaders of the team.

EDIT:I wouldnt mind if one of the older guys become the wise leader.Like Brand or Bowen or something.
Azndude2190

Postby shaq_hater on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:19 pm

Will Kobe still be present in USA Basketball games in Japan?
MY GUY IS AWESOME BECAUSE HE HAS 5 RINGS.
shaq_hater

Postby corona on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:28 pm

Mike Celizic is perhaps the biggest Kobe hater ever.
the only articles he writes about basketball are ones that bash kobe.

and you can tell that he knows absolutely nothing about the game.
i guess it makes sense...because i don't think Amish people have basketball courts in their compounds:
corona

Postby KobeBryant42pointsathalf on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:53 pm

i am still hopeful...cuz although wade or lbj will be leader this time around, next summer team usa will also compete and kobe can re=establish his leadership and then in 08 he will re-establish it too.
HoopsVibe: Kobe's 2006-2007 projection

Kobe Bryant is about to have the single greatest individual year in the history of basketball. Kobe has come to the point where he’s about to put it all together, he will be great, his team will win, and just to put some icing on it, somewhere along the way this season, Kobe will score 100 points in a single game.
KobeBryant42pointsathalf

Postby slimjim on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:59 pm

i say battier

battier is a natural leader... the dude would do anything to win... even if it meant doing the little things, he's humble, mature, leads by example, would be a great leader, TD style.

brand would also be a great option... also very humble, mature, hard worker, leads by example...
slimjim

Postby KobeBryant42pointsathalf on Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:11 pm

slimjim wrote:i say battier

battier is a natural leader... the dude would do anything to win... even if it meant doing the little things, he's humble, mature, leads by example, would be a great leader, TD style.

brand would also be a great option... also very humble, mature, hard worker, leads by example...

battier might be the vocal leader but i think by leader he means , in crunch time situations who would step up.

Kobe Bryant is about to have the single greatest individual year in the history of basketball. Kobe has come to the point where he’s about to put it all together, he will be great, his team will win, and just to put some icing on it, somewhere along the way this season, Kobe will score 100 points in a single game.
KobeBryant42pointsathalf

Postby DMK on Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:35 pm

You dont have to be the leader just on the court...

Ask everyone on that roster who has the most championship and most playoff experience and championship rings of the group...

There is your leader...

Ask them who was personnally ASKED 1st to join the team.....

There is your Leader...

Just because Kobe is not playing in these little workouts and "qualifying" games... doesnt for one second make his role on the team any less then it was 2 weeks ago.

It's TEAM USA....there are no real "captains" its all joined as one for one cause... redemption. Kobe Bryant may be the best all around player on earth.... many would agree... many would disagree.... but he is the one player we havent seen unleashed on world competition.

When it comes time to play the game... say whatever you want.. Kobe Bryant will be Starting at the 2.

Cannot Wait to see this roster play alongside Kobe... Kobe against international Competition? :mhihi:

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Massacre on Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:50 pm

Brand or LeBron would be good fits.
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby BGil on Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:54 pm

Wade is going to play like crap in the international games. A lot of people don't understand that the FIBA ball is 30.7 inches and the NBA ball is 29.8 inches. It makes a huge difference in your shooting ability. That's why the last olympic squad couldn't hit any outside shots despite being all-star and why foriegn players can all shoot pretty well when they get to the NBA.

Wade still can't shoot and he'll be just as useless as AI was in the 2004. The ball is harder to handle quickly and harder too shoot. The teams play zone all day and no one is going to be able to slash. Wade is going to play like crap.
BGil

Postby hZm on Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:54 pm

I'd go with EB
hZm

Postby KobeBryant42pointsathalf on Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:02 pm

hZm wrote:I'd go with EB

coming from admin of clubclippers

:mhihi:

KobeBryant42pointsathalf

Postby KobeBryant42pointsathalf on Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:04 pm

BGil wrote:Wade is going to play like crap in the international games. A lot of people don't understand that the FIBA ball is 30.7 inches and the NBA ball is 29.8 inches. It makes a huge difference in your shooting ability. That's why the last olympic squad couldn't hit any outside shots despite being all-star and why foriegn players can all shoot pretty well when they get to the NBA.

Wade still can't shoot and he'll be just as useless as AI was in the 2004. The ball is harder to handle quickly and harder too shoot. The teams play zone all day and no one is going to be able to slash. Wade is going to play like crap.

good insight , i didn't know abou the different ball sizes used abroad,

but i saw that in the team usa pics, the teams were practicing with a wierd ball that looked foriegn so i guess they made the adjusement and are praciticing with it

must piss the hell out of the players , 2 new balls , nba and fiba

KobeBryant42pointsathalf

Postby Basketball Fan on Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:43 pm

I say why not it would be worth it to see him fall flat on his face because he's not going to get the same treatment he gets from the NBA refs in teh world games.
Basketball Fan

Postby PhifeDogg76 on Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:54 pm

kobe's the leader no matter what, hes the only guy the vets would accept

new draft new year
PhifeDogg76

Postby Lakers4champions on Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:53 pm

i think brand should be leader too
Lakers4champions

Postby kb8lak on Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:56 pm

Lets not forget the Olympics aren't until 2008. The guy's gonna miss trainning camp and people are already counting him out.
kb8lak
Contributing Member

Postby KB24 on Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:35 pm

its the team of King James, end of the story.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby scheven on Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:51 pm

KB8@CL wrote:its the team of King James, end of the story.
scheven

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:01 pm

Bron's the best player on the team, and from interviews and sound bites, it sounds like players around the league in general all respect him
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby Genius GZA on Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:42 pm

DMK wrote:You dont have to be the leader just on the court...

Ask everyone on that roster who has the most championship and most playoff experience and championship rings of the group...

There is your leader...

Ask them who was personnally ASKED 1st to join the team.....

There is your Leader...

Just because Kobe is not playing in these little workouts and "qualifying" games... doesnt for one second make his role on the team any less then it was 2 weeks ago.

It's TEAM USA....there are no real "captains" its all joined as one for one cause... redemption. Kobe Bryant may be the best all around player on earth.... many would agree... many would disagree.... but he is the one player we havent seen unleashed on world competition.

When it comes time to play the game... say whatever you want.. Kobe Bryant will be Starting at the 2.

Cannot Wait to see this roster play alongside Kobe... Kobe against international Competition? :mhihi:
I'm kind of a big deal..
Genius GZA

Postby hZm on Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:43 pm

KobeBryant42pointsathalf wrote:
hZm wrote:I'd go with EB

coming from admin of clubclippers

:mhihi:

Who else would you have?
hZm

Postby bumrusherer on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:19 am

12 leaders....

On a team this talented, everyone should carry each other.
bumrusherer

Postby BGil on Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:59 am

The article is also wrong. Wade played like crap in the last olympics too. Melo looked like a superstar on offense because of his jumper but Wade and Lebron looked like crap... Wade's help D was nice th9ough. He had a few crazy blocks.
BGil

Next

Return to Team USA