8/25 Team USA vs. Canada - Predictions and Comments

Postby nbafan on Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:15 pm

temp5F wrote:
Eh, why? It's not like the team is hurting for offense. And that's one of his best shots. Kobe and the coaches know what is best for the team, not you.

They are not now.. but, against better competition, I'm sure the coaches want the team to take the best shots possible.. not fadeaways, less threes (pretty much only Redd and Miller should be taking those), etc.

Kobe's fadeaway is overrated.. when he hits one, he starts taking even tougher fadeaways..
nbafan

Postby nbafan on Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:17 pm

temp5F wrote:
You are overanalysing and being a nitpicking little wanker. The team won and he still shot a high percentage. Like I said, Kobe has a better idea than you over what is necessary for the game.

I wasn't even the one who brought up his offense.. another poster said his offense wasn't looking good at the beginning and I agreed.. that's all.
nbafan

Postby lakerskobe247 on Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:20 pm

nbafan wrote:
temp5F wrote:
Eh, why? It's not like the team is hurting for offense. And that's one of his best shots. Kobe and the coaches know what is best for the team, not you.

They are not now.. but, against better competition, I'm sure the coaches want the team to take the best shots possible.. not fadeaways, less threes (pretty much only Redd and Miller should be taking those), etc.

Kobe's fadeaway is overrated.. when he hits one, he starts taking even tougher fadeaways..

Yet you don't criticize Melo for forcing much more than Kobe is.
http://www.youtube.com/LakersRule24
Visit, comment, and subscribe to the #1 Kobe Bryant Game Archive on the net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U616sib8v-Y
Kobe Bryant Clutch Compilation: Game Winners as of 2009
lakerskobe247

Postby nbafan on Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:22 pm

lakerskobe247 wrote:Yet you don't criticize Melo for forcing much more than Kobe is.

I have.. especially Thursday's game..
nbafan

Postby ladam24 on Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:18 pm

lakerskobe247 wrote:
nbafan wrote:
temp5F wrote:

Yet you don't criticize Melo for forcing much more than Kobe is.

Melo was forcing much more than any other player. Kobe was shooting fade aways, so what?

Maybe not to you, but fade aways actually aren't that hard of a shot once you've practiced them. I consider my turnaround fade away a better jump shot than most of my others.

There aren't hard shots. And another we, Kobe and the player probably get bored out there, i mean he probably wants to see if he can still make these shots. Getting layups all game would be pretty boring for a whole tournament.

This would only ever be an important issue if the game was close.
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby Lotc on Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:04 pm

dam too bad nash didnt play i wanted to see him get waxed off the floor that chicken SSHHHiiii1
Lotc

Postby Steez on Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:13 pm

KOBEistheish wrote:what was Kobes final stat line ?? i missed the 4th.

20 minutes: 15 points, 5/8 shooting (62.5%), 1/2 3 point shooting, 4/5 ft shooting, 3 fouls, 2 rebounds, 2 TOs, 1 steal.
- Scuse me while I kiss the sky!
Steez

Postby Armo Flava on Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:39 pm

Steez wrote:
KOBEistheish wrote:what was Kobes final stat line ?? i missed the 4th.

20 minutes: 15 points, 5/8 shooting (62.5%), 1/2 3 point shooting, 4/5 ft shooting, 3 fouls, 2 rebounds, 2 TOs, 1 steal.

thanks
"i leave FLY dust on my haters when im passin em by"

Armo Flava

Previous

Return to Team USA