8/27 Team USA vs. Mexico - Predictions and Comments

Postby Dee_J on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:53 pm

Bill Walton should not be taken seriously remember guys he is a clown... are clowns taken seriously?
--- [ ☼ Knowledge comes from people Stupidity comes from Mitch Kupchak ☼ ] ---

Image Image
Dee_J

Postby LVLAKERFAN on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:53 pm

Would Denver do a Bynum, Odom, Farmar, Cook, Coby Karl and a 1st rounder for Reggie Evans, Melo, and Carter

Fisher, Crittendon, Carter
Kobe, Evans, Sasha
Melo, Luke
R. Evans, Turiaf, Vlad
Kwame, Mihm

Iverson, Atkins, Farmar
Smith, Karl, Wafer
Odom, Kleiza, Diwara
Nene/Martin/Cook
Camby/Bynum/Najera
"Baron Davis is a good friend of mine, Carlos Boozer is a good friend of mine, Ron Artest is someone I've known since I was a kid … those are guys we could've gotten," Bryant said. "For whatever reason, it didn't happen."
LVLAKERFAN

Postby nbafan on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:53 pm

kroublees wrote:offensive foul for kobe :disagree:

Kobe just asking for criticism here.. damn. then again, it's expected.. it's how Kobe's career has been.. he would go for stretches where he seems out of control.
nbafan

Postby Weezy on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:54 pm

LVLAKERFAN wrote:Would Denver do a Bynum, Odom, Farmar, Cook, Coby Karl and a 1st rounder for Reggie Evans, Melo, and Carter

Would you trade Melo if you were Denver? I wouldn't.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby nameant on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:54 pm

Not Kobe's best game thus far. Defensively we have been lazy. If I'm Coach K I'm pissed.
nameant

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:55 pm

nbafan wrote:
kroublees wrote:offensive foul for kobe :disagree:

Kobe just asking for criticism here.. damn. then again, it's expected.. it's how Kobe's career has been.. he would go for stretches where he seems out of control.

Seems like you were just waiting for kobe to have an off game so you could criticize him. How nice.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby melo061 on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:55 pm

Kobe isn't playing well, holding onto the ball for too long. He made a nice pass to melo but he airballed but he is playing out of control.
melo061

Postby Weezy on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:56 pm

nameant wrote:Not Kobe's best game thus far. Defensively we have been lazy. If I'm Coach K I'm pissed.

I'd be pissed if I were him as well. What happened to the intensity, jumping in the passing lanes, the fun really? Getting bored and overconfident is USA's biggest weakness and it'll cost them if they do it in the wrong game.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby nbafan on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:56 pm

two0one7 wrote:
Seems like you were just waiting for kobe to have an off game so you could criticize him. How nice.

not really.. I ain't staying up late to watch Kobe have an off game.. but when I see Kobe doing things like this after great games and calm demeanor, it does upset me.. it's not a coincidence that Mexico has cut the lead.
nbafan

Postby melo061 on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:57 pm

*Waiting for b-scott*
melo061

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:58 pm

nbafan wrote:
two0one7 wrote:

not really.. I ain't staying up late to watch Kobe have an off game.. but when I see Kobe doing things like this after great games and calm demeanor, it does upset me.. it's not a coincidence that Mexico has cut the lead.

So you're saying were not blowing out Mexico because of Kobe. Talk about exageration. Kobe's having an off game, he's forcing it a bit. But you're just going overboard.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Dee_J on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:00 pm

Why are people talking about Kobe? this is about the Team USA sometimes people tend to think talk about Kobe just because hes on our team but this is about a team not a indivdual..
--- [ ☼ Knowledge comes from people Stupidity comes from Mitch Kupchak ☼ ] ---

Image Image
Dee_J

Postby nbafan on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:01 pm

two0one7 wrote:
So you're saying were not blowing out Mexico because of Kobe. Talk about exageration. Kobe's having an off game, he's forcing it a bit. But you're just going overboard.

They increased the lead because of JKidd being able to find guys for quick baskets.. the lead was cut because they were back to one on one basketball and Kobe did hold the ball and was unsuccessful in his scoring exploits.

You know Kobe is going to have an off game when he just puts his head down and holds the ball and not make quick decisions.
nbafan

Postby Weezy on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:01 pm

I just don't get the overanalyzing of Kobe. It's like the commentator team, everyone here, espn probably, are all waiting for him to turn this into the Kobe show or make it about him. Melo chucks it up every time he touches it, Bron holds the ball way too long every time he gets it and on some posessions nobody else touches it but him as he forces his way to the rim. Amare has had zero inside game, neither has Howard. Yet Kobe starts to look for a little offense (he probably just wants to keep fresh and not forget how to shoot) and he's forcing it, soon he'll be selfish. It's just ridiculous how much of a microscope he's under. It doesn't bother me, I just have to laugh and point it out.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:02 pm

Dee_J wrote:Why are people talking about Kobe? this is about the Team USA sometimes people tend to think talk about Kobe just because hes on our team but this is about a team not a indivdual..

Agreed. Lets get back to the team not focus on one player.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:03 pm

Weezy wrote:I just don't get the overanalyzing of Kobe. It's like the commentator team, everyone here, espn probably, are all waiting for him to turn this into the Kobe show or make it about him. Melo chucks it up every time he touches it, Bron holds the ball way too long every time he gets it and on some posessions nobody else touches it but him as he forces his way to the rim. Amare has had zero inside game, neither has Howard. Yet Kobe starts to look for a little offense (he probably just wants to keep fresh and not forget how to shoot) and he's forcing it, soon he'll be selfish. It's just ridiculous how much of a microscope he's under. It doesn't bother me, I just have to laugh and point it out.

Well said.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Stearnfxr on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:03 pm

nbafan wrote:
two0one7 wrote:

They increased the lead because of JKidd being able to find guys for quick baskets.. the lead was cut because they were back to one on one basketball and Kobe did hold the ball and was unsuccessful in his scoring exploits.

You know Kobe is going to have an off game when he just puts his head down and holds the ball and not make quick decisions.

True, but the lead dwindled when they doubled Kidd.
Stearnfxr

Postby nbafan on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:04 pm

Weezy wrote:I just don't get the overanalyzing of Kobe. It's like the commentator team, everyone here, espn probably, are all waiting for him to turn this into the Kobe show or make it about him. Melo chucks it up every time he touches it, Bron holds the ball way too long every time he gets it and on some posessions nobody else touches it but him as he forces his way to the rim. Amare has had zero inside game, neither has Howard. Yet Kobe starts to look for a little offense (he probably just wants to keep fresh and not forget how to shoot) and he's forcing it, soon he'll be selfish. It's just ridiculous how much of a microscope he's under. It doesn't bother me, I just have to laugh and point it out.

there is a minor difference.. with Kobe, it often comes in "stretches".. as in sequences.. that is why it's very noticeable..

also, I agree Melo hasn't looked to pass much.. but he has been very effective, especially getting to the FT line.
nbafan

Postby Weezy on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:09 pm

nbafan wrote:there is a minor difference.. with Kobe, it often comes in "stretches".. as in sequences.. that is why it's very noticeable..

also, I agree Melo hasn't looked to pass much.. but he has been very effective, especially getting to the FT line.

So if Kobe was successful at ballhogging it would be ok that he was doing it? :man3: Melo fans are sitting at home watching this cheering him on and going 'yeah, awesome' and we're sitting here disecting Kobe's every move to see whether he's passing enough or forcing shots or being nice to his teammates, etc, etc, etc.. It's stupid, just enjoy the games.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:10 pm

LOL, Lebron passed it off the guy's foot back to himself.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby nbafan on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:11 pm

Weezy wrote:
nbafan wrote:there is a minor difference.. with Kobe, it often comes in "stretches".. as in sequences.. that is why it's very noticeable..

So if Kobe was successful at ballhogging it would be ok that he was doing it? :man3: Melo fans are sitting at home watching this cheering him on and going 'yeah, awesome' and we're sitting here disecting Kobe's every move to see whether he's passing enough or forcing shots or being nice to his teammates, etc, etc, etc.. It's stupid, just enjoy the games.

haha.. as a Kobe fan, you do expect more.. ;)
nbafan

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:13 pm

OHHHHHH!!! KOBE!
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby nbafan on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:13 pm

nice dunk.. :)
nbafan

Postby kroublees on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:13 pm

KOBE
"To me he is the best player in the world right now. That guy doesn't know fear at all. He doesn't care. He would have won it for the Americans single-handedly." Dirk Nowitzki on Kobe
kroublees

Postby ImmortalD24 on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:13 pm

KOOOOBEEE
NO DEFENSE, NO RINGS.
ImmortalD24

PreviousNext

Return to Team USA