team usa???????????????????

team usa???????????????????

Postby sticky on Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:21 am

who has a list of the players that made team usa sooo far???????????????????????
KOBE 4 MVP!
User avatar
sticky

 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:27 am

Postby High IQ on Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:31 am

Training camp roster
Kobe Bryant, of the Los Angeles Lakers **Captain** [citation needed]
Carmelo Anthony, of the Denver Nuggets
Gilbert Arenas, of the Washington Wizards
Shane Battier, of the Memphis Grizzlies
Chauncey Billups, of the Detroit Pistons
Chris Bosh, of the Toronto Raptors
Bruce Bowen, of the San Antonio Spurs
Elton Brand, of the Los Angeles Clippers
Dwight Howard, of the Orlando Magic
LeBron James, of the Cleveland Cavaliers
Antawn Jamison, of the Washington Wizards
Joe Johnson, of the Atlanta Hawks
Shawn Marion, of the Phoenix Suns
Brad Miller, of the Sacramento Kings
Adam Morrison, of Gonzaga University
Lamar Odom, of the Los Angeles Lakers
Chris Paul, of the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets
Paul Pierce, of the Boston Celtics
J. J. Redick, of Duke University
Michael Redd, of the Milwaukee Bucks
Luke Ridnour, of the Seattle SuperSonics
Amare Stoudemire, of the Phoenix Suns
Dwyane Wade, of the Miami Heat
Greg Oden, of Lawrence North High School and Ohio State University

Shaquille O'Neal of the Miami Heat has a standing invitation but has not made it clear if he wishes to participate.
User avatar
High IQ

 
Posts: 12779
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:05 am
Location: Riga, Latvia

Postby Azndude2190 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:12 am

Looks good...when does the world championship begin?
User avatar
Azndude2190

 
Posts: 5514
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:23 am
Location: San Francisco, CA

Postby The Laker Link on Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:40 am

High IQ wrote:
Training camp roster
Kobe Bryant, of the Los Angeles Lakers **Captain** [citation needed]
Carmelo Anthony, of the Denver Nuggets
Gilbert Arenas, of the Washington Wizards
Shane Battier, of the Memphis Grizzlies
Chauncey Billups, of the Detroit Pistons
Chris Bosh, of the Toronto Raptors
Bruce Bowen, of the San Antonio Spurs
Elton Brand, of the Los Angeles Clippers
Dwight Howard, of the Orlando Magic
LeBron James, of the Cleveland Cavaliers
Antawn Jamison, of the Washington Wizards
Joe Johnson, of the Atlanta Hawks
Shawn Marion, of the Phoenix Suns
Brad Miller, of the Sacramento Kings
Adam Morrison, of Gonzaga University
Lamar Odom, of the Los Angeles Lakers
Chris Paul, of the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets
Paul Pierce, of the Boston Celtics
J. J. Redick, of Duke University
Michael Redd, of the Milwaukee Bucks
Luke Ridnour, of the Seattle SuperSonics
Amare Stoudemire, of the Phoenix Suns
Dwyane Wade, of the Miami Heat
Greg Oden, of Lawrence North High School and Ohio State University

Shaquille O'Neal of the Miami Heat has a standing invitation but has not made it clear if he wishes to participate.


Wow...Oden is just barely coming out of high school??? And is going to college...is that because the NBA did do that age rule or is it because he wanted to go to college before the NBA???

And Shaq should go...he would have 2 basketball buddies with him...one that is a current player and helper to the championship and the other is an ex-teammate and helper of a three peat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
The Laker Link

 
Posts: 8088
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Orange, CA and Provo, UT

Postby karacha on Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:50 am

Start Billups, Kobe, Bron, Brand, Howard

and then sub with Paul, Wade, Bowen, Bosh, Amare.

:man4:

Put Gilbert, Matrix, Carmelo, Pierce in the mix, and you have a winner. They finally made a good team, and a team that's actually going to practice together.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Postby lilkhmerkid4u on Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:55 am

Kobe Bryant Named As 2008 Olympic Basketball Team

February 23, 2006 | Onion Sports

PHOENIX—In a press conference Wednesday, USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo announced that Kobe Bryant has been selected as the 2008 men's Olympic basketball team.


Image

KOBE AGAINST THE WORLD

ONE MAN SHOW! :jam2:
Image
User avatar
lilkhmerkid4u

 
Posts: 2929
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Chattanooga,TN

Postby Klewfish on Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:38 am

lilkhmerkid4u wrote:
Kobe Bryant Named As 2008 Olympic Basketball Team

February 23, 2006 | Onion Sports

PHOENIX—In a press conference Wednesday, USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo announced that Kobe Bryant has been selected as the 2008 men's Olympic basketball team.


Image

KOBE AGAINST THE WORLD

ONE MAN SHOW! :jam2:

YOu do realize that "KOBE AGAINST THE WORLD" link is an article making fun of Kobe right?
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
User avatar
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator
 
Posts: 7669
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:50 pm

Postby Klewfish on Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:45 am

The Laker Link wrote:
High IQ wrote:
Training camp roster
Kobe Bryant, of the Los Angeles Lakers **Captain** [citation needed]
Carmelo Anthony, of the Denver Nuggets
Gilbert Arenas, of the Washington Wizards
Shane Battier, of the Memphis Grizzlies
Chauncey Billups, of the Detroit Pistons
Chris Bosh, of the Toronto Raptors
Bruce Bowen, of the San Antonio Spurs
Elton Brand, of the Los Angeles Clippers
Dwight Howard, of the Orlando Magic
LeBron James, of the Cleveland Cavaliers

Antawn Jamison, of the Washington Wizards
Joe Johnson, of the Atlanta Hawks
Shawn Marion, of the Phoenix Suns
Brad Miller, of the Sacramento Kings
Adam Morrison, of Gonzaga University
Lamar Odom, of the Los Angeles Lakers
Chris Paul, of the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets
Paul Pierce, of the Boston Celtics

J. J. Redick, of Duke University
Michael Redd, of the Milwaukee Bucks
Luke Ridnour, of the Seattle SuperSonics
Amare Stoudemire, of the Phoenix Suns
Dwyane Wade, of the Miami Heat

Greg Oden, of Lawrence North High School and Ohio State University

Shaquille O'Neal of the Miami Heat has a standing invitation but has not made it clear if he wishes to participate.


Wow...Oden is just barely coming out of high school??? And is going to college...is that because the NBA did do that age rule or is it because he wanted to go to college before the NBA???

And Shaq should go...he would have 2 basketball buddies with him...one that is a current player and helper to the championship and the other is an ex-teammate and helper of a three peat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


By the olympics, Shaq will be to old. I like this lineup

Billups/Arenas
Kobe/Wade
Bron/Bowen
Elton/Howard/Bowen
Amare/Miller

I think that Elton/Miller should be kept seperated, because they have similar games (mid-range jumpers). So thats why I have Elton Brand in as a starter and not howard, who i think is beter
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
User avatar
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator
 
Posts: 7669
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:50 pm

Postby 10scott10 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:53 am

LakersKB8LO7 wrote:
lilkhmerkid4u wrote:
Kobe Bryant Named As 2008 Olympic Basketball Team

February 23, 2006 | Onion Sports

PHOENIX—In a press conference Wednesday, USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo announced that Kobe Bryant has been selected as the 2008 men's Olympic basketball team.


Image

KOBE AGAINST THE WORLD

ONE MAN SHOW! :jam2:

YOu do realize that "KOBE AGAINST THE WORLD" link is an article making fun of Kobe right?

yeah, but it is still funny
Image
User avatar
10scott10

 
Posts: 5975
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 11:08 pm
Location: looking for the royal room entrance

Re: team usa???????????????????

Postby dreamvibes on Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:07 am

sticky wrote:who has a list of the players that made team usa sooo far???????????????????????


why You type so many "?" ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
"Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons"
User avatar
dreamvibes

 
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:21 am

Re: team usa???????????????????

Postby Kevin Martinfan on Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:19 am

dreamvibes wrote:
sticky wrote:who has a list of the players that made team usa sooo far???????????????????????


why You type so many "?" ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
i was just gonna ask that.
Welcome BACK Reggie Theus!
User avatar
Kevin Martinfan

 
Posts: 720
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 4:12 pm

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:27 am

Because he is likely 11 years old and drank too much hawaiian punch.

Ok, back on topic - I like the list of players, but when putting together the lineup we need to factor in the style of international play. I think that was our problem last year, trying to outplay them with an all star team, when that wasnt the style other teams played. Id love to see those soft Euros try and guard Kobe/Lebron/EB/Howard/Amare at once though :man10: .
Image
OJ MAYO - NORTH COLLEGE HILL TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
These are the numbers which matter to me: 1928 1931 1932 1939 1962 1967 1972 1974 1978 2003 2004 and 20,32,12,33,3,11,5. FIGHT ON!!!
User avatar
Da Veinticuatro

 
Posts: 3288
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:59 pm
Location: Los Skandalouz

Postby RJ on Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:03 am

Seriously, the athletic freak line-up:

PG: Wade
SG: Kobe
SF: LeBron
PF: Howard
C: Amare

:man4:
Image
[PSN ID: RJN]

{CLK} One team. One Clan.
RJ, No Scope, Nissan, CrazyLikeCatfish, LD2K, Helljumper, TXLAKERFAN
PM me to join.
User avatar
RJ

 
Posts: 4618
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:25 pm

Postby Podium on Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:09 am

I like the idea of sending the AND 1 team. Instead of trying to play "euro" basketball, can you imagine them playing streetball?

:man10:
User avatar
Podium
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 5017
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 9:27 am

Postby Nelo Ice on Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:11 am

The Podium wrote:I like the idea of sending the AND 1 team. Instead of trying to play "euro" basketball, can you imagine them playing streetball?

:man10:


the professor would own all :man9:
User avatar
Nelo Ice

 
Posts: 5892
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Postby Podium on Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:14 am

RJ 21 wrote:Seriously, the athletic freak line-up:

PG: Wade
SG: Kobe
SF: LeBron
PF: Howard
C: Amare

:man4:


Yeah, that's an athletic freak line-up, but I don't think its a good basketball one. Howard and Amare have similar games, and Wade is a drive to the basket type player. Kobe is probably the only true shooter while LeBron can still hold his own with his J, but the spacing wouldn't be great IMO.

But, I would love to see some soft Dirk Clone trying to deal with that haha.
User avatar
Podium
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 5017
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 9:27 am

Postby slimjim on Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:28 pm

The Podium wrote:I like the idea of sending the AND 1 team. Instead of trying to play "euro" basketball, can you imagine them playing streetball?

:man10:


hey would get owned... :man10:

none of them could play defence... they have zero fundamentals... they would get techincals if they pull some of that "embarass the defender" stuff they always do...

i don't even think they know the rule of traveling and double dribble...
User avatar
slimjim

 
Posts: 8688
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 1:31 am

Postby eNlight on Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:46 pm

slimjim wrote:
The Podium wrote:I like the idea of sending the AND 1 team. Instead of trying to play "euro" basketball, can you imagine them playing streetball?

:man10:


hey would get owned... :man10:

none of them could play defence... they have zero fundamentals... they would get techincals if they pull some of that "embarass the defender" stuff they always do...

i don't even think they know the rule of traveling and double dribble...


:man10:
User avatar
eNlight

 
Posts: 10538
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 10:29 pm
Location: oC

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:56 pm

As long as Kobe Bean Bryant is on the team this gold medal is in the bag. No way they can stop a team that has him, Wade, and Bron on the team.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou


]
User avatar
strikemode14
Forum Manager
 
Posts: 22101
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:04 pm
Location: savannah

Postby ladam24 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:37 pm

Yeah, but do you know how weird it's gonna be watching them ALL try to take over in the 4th. Well actually, the only 2 that would try is Wade and Kobe.

Obviously it should be Kobe's job, but You ca't seriously think that Wade would take a complete backseat in these situations. HJopefully none of the games need 'taking over' though.
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
User avatar
ladam24

 
Posts: 11829
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:57 pm
Location: Gold Coast, AUS

Postby MiKEJaY on Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:19 pm

Team USA will bring back the gold!
Image
User avatar
MiKEJaY

 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:54 pm

Postby LO7cK35 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:35 pm

The Podium wrote:
RJ 21 wrote:Seriously, the athletic freak line-up:

PG: Wade
SG: Kobe
SF: LeBron
PF: Howard
C: Amare

:man4:


Yeah, that's an athletic freak line-up, but I don't think its a good basketball one. Howard and Amare have similar games, and Wade is a drive to the basket type player. Kobe is probably the only true shooter while LeBron can still hold his own with his J, but the spacing wouldn't be great IMO.

But, I would love to see some soft Dirk Clone trying to deal with that haha.


I actually think thats a great lineup just the positioning is wrong. it should be

PG Lebron
SG Wade
SF Kobe
PF Howard
SF Amare

Very Young, Versatile, Athletic squad. Got Kobe got all the veteran leadership they need. and i dont care what anybody says Lebron is a natural point guard.

Also that is assuming we get back the same Amare as we have seen in the past. otherwise id switch odom to the 4 and put howard in at C
User avatar
LO7cK35

 
Posts: 2107
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:55 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Postby Crono0801 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:31 pm

ladam24 wrote:Yeah, but do you know how weird it's gonna be watching them ALL try to take over in the 4th. Well actually, the only 2 that would try is Wade and Kobe.

Obviously it should be Kobe's job, but You ca't seriously think that Wade would take a complete backseat in these situations. HJopefully none of the games need 'taking over' though.


yeah i doubt with a team like that we would need a takeover
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom


The Greatest Game of All time
Image
Image
User avatar
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team
 
Posts: 8034
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 8:48 pm
Location: Mill Creek/Seattle, WA

Postby Lakers4champions on Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:10 pm

i think the starting line up should be
1. Kobe
2. Bron
3. Bowen
4. EB
5. Amare

kobe can play the point and bron the two guard while bowen provides D and excellent three point shooting, and he doesnt need the ball to be effect
EB over howard because he has a more developed outside game and that allows amare to work the paint
Wade comes off the bench and works his magic as well
User avatar
Lakers4champions

 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Diamond Bar

Postby ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:25 pm

keep in mind this is global bball rules, they are a little more strict, Wade is not as good in these rules because they don't allow first steps without dribbling and thats the startoff of his game....

Starting Lineup:

PG Chauncy Billups
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Shawn Marion
PF Chris Bosh
C Brad Miller

Backups:

PG Chris Paul
SG LeBron James
SF Lamar Odom
PF Elton Brand
C Amare Stoudemire
Image
User avatar
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7

 
Posts: 756
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:27 pm
Location: Atlanta

Next

Return to Team USA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.