8/22 Team USA vs. Venezuela - Predictions and Comments

Postby Helljumper on Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:58 pm

nameant wrote:Of course my dish goes out when Kobe is putting on a show. Man I hate Dish Network. If you're reading this and thinking about getting Dish Network, DON'T. Oh well. At least we're killing them.

My Dish went out too. It just came back on.
Helljumper

Postby BDG on Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:59 pm

Ah I see I'm not the only one with Dish Network ... that sucked. :bang:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby nameant on Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:59 pm

Balla4life8 wrote:
nameant wrote:Of course my dish goes out when Kobe is putting on a show. Man I hate Dish Network. If you're reading this and thinking about getting Dish Network, DON'T. Oh well. At least we're killing them.

wowww dude same here, my dish went out also. and my weather is perfectly clear outside.

Weather is nice here too. Seriously, I HATE Dish Network. My contract is up in December. After that it's gone. :mad1: :mad1:
nameant

Postby Black Sheep91 on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:00 pm

nameant wrote:
Balla4life8 wrote:

wowww dude same here, my dish went out also. and my weather is perfectly clear outside.

Weather is nice here too. Seriously, I HATE Dish Network. My contract is up in December. After that it's gone. :mad1: :mad1:

get Directv :mhihi:
Black Sheep91
ClubHawks.com Administrator

Postby DALakeshow on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:00 pm

Team USA and Kobe are playing very well. Kobe looks very quick out there on both ends of the f loor.

Lets also keep in mind,the team we are playing is horrible. Especially the guards.
DALakeshow

Postby nameant on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:00 pm

I might but isnt that dish also? I might go with digital cable.
nameant

Postby Showtime is Magic on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:01 pm

Great Half. Kobe not looking to shoot and is playing AMAZING D. Fun first half especially that play with Lebron and KOBE. Got me out of my seat
Showtime is Magic

Postby BDG on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:02 pm

Black Sheep1 wrote: get Directv :mhihi:
Is it really much better? I've been thinking of switching as well.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby kroublees on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:02 pm

Showtime is Magic wrote:Great Half. Kobe not looking to shoot and is playing AMAZING D. Fun first half especially that play with Lebron and KOBE. Got me out of my seat
yah and that kobe reverse lay up was sweeeeeeeeeeeeet :bow:
"To me he is the best player in the world right now. That guy doesn't know fear at all. He doesn't care. He would have won it for the Americans single-handedly." Dirk Nowitzki on Kobe
kroublees

Postby BDG on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:02 pm

Showtime is Magic wrote:Great Half. Kobe not looking to shoot and is playing AMAZING D. Fun first half especially that play with Lebron and KOBE. Got me out of my seat
Was this that steal from Kobe and pass to LeBron? Or was this something I missed in the 2nd quarter?

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby kroublees on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:03 pm

BDG wrote:
Was this that steal from Kobe and pass to LeBron? Or was this something I missed in the 2nd quarter?
something you missed :man5:
"To me he is the best player in the world right now. That guy doesn't know fear at all. He doesn't care. He would have won it for the Americans single-handedly." Dirk Nowitzki on Kobe
kroublees

Postby Black Sheep91 on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:04 pm

BDG wrote:
Black Sheep1 wrote: get Directv :mhihi:
Is it really much better? I've been thinking of switching as well.

Signal for me never goes out. I like what they offer more plus they will be getting over 50 new hd channels by the end of the year. :)
Black Sheep91

Postby revgen on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:06 pm

DirecTV doesn't allow me to cap HD channels. Also requires a one-year commitment and doesn't provide cable internet. So I'll stick with cable for now. They also don't require 1-year commitments.
Last edited by revgen on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby DALakeshow on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:06 pm

The only thing i care about in this game is how Team USA executes against the zone. Other then that,we are supposed to beat this team by 30

Venezuela can't even handle the basketball there so horrible
DALakeshow

Postby Black Sheep91 on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:07 pm

revgen wrote:DirecTV doesn't allow me to cap HD channels. Also requires a one-year commitment and doesn't provide cable internet. So I'll stick with cable for now.

Theres a new thing called Verizon Fios TV, I heard its good. Only available in some states but are spreading to others rapidly.
Black Sheep91

Postby Weezy on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:09 pm

Fantastic game so far, well, I mean as far as entertainment. USA still misses way too many shots, especialy outside shots and they had some lapses at the end of the half and gave Ven a little daylight. Kobe's defense at the begining of the game was unlike anything I've seen, that was incredible, unreal. Kobe and Bron are sick together and when Bron was out in the 2nd Kobe took OVER, scoring, dishing, Kobe's doing well. That pass from Carmelo to Bron behind the back to Kobe for the dunk was SICK, I jumped out of my chair. I know not all the games are gonna be this easy though, the competition will get much better. I've always loved USA basketball, but with Kobe on the team I feel much more connected to it and it's very exciting. And having to earn a berth in the Olympics also makes this mean something so it's been great so far to watch.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:12 pm

Weezy wrote:Fantastic game so far, well, I mean as far as entertainment. USA still misses way too many shots, especialy outside shots and they had some lapses at the end of the half and gave Ven a little daylight. Kobe's defense at the begining of the game was unlike anything I've seen, that was incredible, unreal. Kobe and Bron are sick together and when Bron was out in the 2nd Kobe took OVER, scoring, dishing, Kobe's doing well. That pass from Carmelo to Bron behind the back to Kobe for the dunk was SICK, I jumped out of my chair. I know not all the games are gonna be this easy though, the competition will get much better. I've always loved USA basketball, but with Kobe on the team I feel much more connected to it and it's very exciting. And having to earn a berth in the Olympics also makes this mean something so it's been great so far to watch.

Preach on! Can't wait to watch it at 10!
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Helljumper on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:12 pm

Black Sheep1 wrote:
revgen wrote:DirecTV doesn't allow me to cap HD channels. Also requires a one-year commitment and doesn't provide cable internet. So I'll stick with cable for now.

Theres a new thing called Verizon Fios TV, I heard its good. Only available in some states but are spreading to others rapidly.

I live with my grandparents most of the time. We have Dish there and I like it because I'm used to the channels and interface but at my parent's house we have FiOs. It's okay.
Helljumper

Postby scarface223 on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:12 pm

damn, Kobe is flat out the best player i've ever seen!! I mean USA can't lose with this guy on our side
scarface223

Postby DALakeshow on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:13 pm

I agree that play was SICK

I like the chemistry between Lebron and Kobe
DALakeshow

Postby kroublees on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:13 pm

i think this lineup would be the most effective right now:
Billups
Kobe
Melo
James
Howard or Amare
kroublees

Postby Lakers Advocate on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:14 pm

wow what a basket by kobe :jam2:
Last edited by Lakers Advocate on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers Advocate

Postby Black Sheep91 on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:15 pm

kobe is sick
Black Sheep91

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:17 pm

The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:19 pm

Man, Kobe and Lebron on the same team could possibly be the greatest duo ever!

PS: Happy Birthday KOBE!!!!!!!!!
Daloyalfan18

PreviousNext

Return to Team USA