The ball

The ball

Postby Satan on Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:07 pm

Anyone know what the ball they use is made of? Is it different from an NBA ball?
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby OCHO on Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:15 pm

it's a ball called Molten.. it's made of composite leather.. and is the official FIBA ball and thus used by most leagues around the world (as well as local leagues)... it's absolutely atrocious to play with..
It's the length of one day.. One half.. One shot clock.. This number is my promise, to dominate every moment..
OCHO

Postby Satan on Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:28 pm

So it could have contributed to the high number of turn overs in the scrimmage?
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:39 pm

Satan wrote:So it could have contributed to the high number of turn overs in the scrimmage?

Yeah a lot of guys had problems with the consistency and texture of the ball. You can tell they're still adjusting to it.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby ladam24 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:16 pm

OCHO wrote:it's a ball called Molten.. it's made of composite leather.. and is the official FIBA ball and thus used by most leagues around the world (as well as local leagues)... it's absolutely atrocious to play with..

I know they use that type of ball a lot over here in Australia, but you're wrong here.

There is a composite version that they sell to the public, and that most public/school basketball organizations use, however, the ball that FIBA uses along with the official NBL game ball is leather. Not composite.

I agree with you on one thing though. They are both atrocious to play with.
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby ladam24 on Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:09 pm

lakerswiz wrote:Image
http://www.moltenusa.com/Detail.tpl?car ... F&sku=BGL7
I like watching them use the ball on tv because of the two-tone color and seeing the rotation, etc.
But the part that is Tanish, it seems as if it isn't regular basketball grip, but that wierd plasticy crab on those special-edition Nike balls.

Nah, it's all the same type of leather, just different colors.
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby Klewfish on Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:12 pm

I know watching the game, one of the announcers said that the ball has more "spring" to it than NBA balls, and so it would bounce up quicker than the players would expect and it threw them off.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Return to Team USA