Thu. 7/31 - USA vs. Turkey - Predictions/Comments

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:26 pm

^ I guess everyone watched the live telecast at 5am. Close game after the 1st.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Cody on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:28 pm

yeah, seems that way, reading this thread it looks like the game is close until half time and then becomes a blow out :jam2:
Cody

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:47 pm

Cody wrote:yeah, seems that way, reading this thread it looks like the game is close until half time and then becomes a blow out :jam2:

until half :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:49 pm

Kobe to Bron!
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:52 pm

52-37 at half time.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Cody on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:56 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Cody wrote:yeah, seems that way, reading this thread it looks like the game is close until half time and then becomes a blow out :jam2:

until half :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

I haven't seen this game yet=)
Cody

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:01 pm

"CP 13!" LOL
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:09 pm

Kobe to Superman! :jam2:
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:15 pm

Kobe reverse jam! :jam2:
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Haha, Kobe off the bounce to Melo for the Jam!
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Cody on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:27 pm

how come Turkoglu aint playing.
Cody

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:30 pm

Superman throws down yet another dunk.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:34 pm

Cody wrote:how come Turkoglu aint playing.

Minor back injury.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:36 pm

What a move and finish by wade!
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby whatisit on Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:04 pm

That small 3rd quarter lineup was great. Played the passing lanes pretty well.
whatisit

Postby KB24 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:33 am

two0one7 wrote:
Cody wrote:
KB24@CL wrote:One has to wonder why Kobe is always off while playing for team USA...there is no reason for the best scorer in the game to go 1-5 in any game, against any player under any circumstances...

I know I wouldn't be happy no matter how meaningless the game is. Kobe is the only solid shooter in the starting lineup but he lays more bricks than your average construction worker whenever he is on team USA....

One doesn't have to wonder, because it's not true. He had a bad shooting game. Big deal. it happens to everyone.

quit exaggerating (spelling?)

What the hell? Where in the world did you get "Kobe is always off for Team USA" bs? He shot over 60% last summer in the qualifying tournament. He shot well the last game, he shot 1-5 this game. So what? He had 7 assists and 5 steals.

You'd think a moderator here would be a little more well informed.

http://www.2007lasvegas.fibaamericas.co ... yStat.html

percentage doesn't matter...its about overall aggressiveness but obviously you didn' t get (and a few others as well)

Wade shot 60% during the olympics 2004, so what? USA still couldn't shoot the basketball and Wade still couldn't and didn't take over games in critical situations. They shoot a high percentage because they get a lot of easy dunks and layups but once they face elite teams with zone D, they will struggle...

Kobe is the best offensive player...there is no reason for him to take 5 shots and have 7 assists...there is Kidd, Paul and Deron for playmaking. You see Melo, Bron and others go out and do their things...they do what they do best on the floor but Kobe isn't. Why is that Kobe always has to make himself assertive? whats the point in having the best player when he isn't allowed to play to his strength? 5 shots for Kobe would be accaptable if nobody else would take more than 5 shots...but 5 shots are unaccaptable when other lesser players take 15 of em...

and you are overstraining my nerves with your "a mod should be more informed" CRAP...these comments are stupid and will get you a warning the next time.

a member is a member when it comes to basketball talk....so better check yourself before you wreck yourself.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Ras Algethi on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:37 am

KB24@CL wrote:
two0one7 wrote:
Cody wrote:
KB24@CL wrote:One has to wonder why Kobe is always off while playing for team USA...there is no reason for the best scorer in the game to go 1-5 in any game, against any player under any circumstances...

I know I wouldn't be happy no matter how meaningless the game is. Kobe is the only solid shooter in the starting lineup but he lays more bricks than your average construction worker whenever he is on team USA....

One doesn't have to wonder, because it's not true. He had a bad shooting game. Big deal. it happens to everyone.

quit exaggerating (spelling?)

What the hell? Where in the world did you get "Kobe is always off for Team USA" bs? He shot over 60% last summer in the qualifying tournament. He shot well the last game, he shot 1-5 this game. So what? He had 7 assists and 5 steals.

You'd think a moderator here would be a little more well informed.

http://www.2007lasvegas.fibaamericas.co ... yStat.html

percentage doesn't matter...its about overall aggressiveness but obviously you didn' t get (and a few others as well)

Wade shot 60% during the olympics 2004, so what? USA still couldn't shoot the basketball and Wade still couldn't and didn't take over games in critical situations. They shoot a high percentage because they get a lot of easy dunks and layups but once they face elite teams with zone D, they will struggle...

Kobe is the best offensive player...there is no reason for him to take 5 shots and have 7 assists...there is Kidd, Paul and Deron for playmaking. You see Melo, Bron and others go out and do their things...they do what they do best on the floor but Kobe isn't. Why is that Kobe always has to make himself assertive? whats the point in having the best player when he isn't allowed to play to his strength? 5 shots for Kobe would be accaptable if nobody else would take more than 5 shots...but 5 shots are unaccaptable when other lesser players take 15 of em...

and you are overstraining my nerves with your "a mod should be more informed" CRAP...these comments are stupid and will get you a warning the next time.

a member is a member when it comes to basketball talk....so better check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Please. Your clearly stated Kobe is always "off" and that he "lays bricks", that would he mean he's shooting a bad percentage. So yes, percentage DOES matter going by your initial post. I presented evidence (Kobe shot 60%) that clearly refutes your initial claim. Nice try at saving face.

Warn me for all I care. Your statement was erroneous and I pointed it out. I stand by my claim that a mod should be more informed.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:05 am

some people don't get it which I can easily accept and some don't want to get it which bothers me...

again its not about overall percentage. Nobody said he is going to miss dunks or layups or brick them in that case,its the Jumper and if Kobe isn't involved enaugh offensively he is not going to make a whole lot of them, I have witnessed this for 12 years. Even with the Lakers if he is not involved, he isn't gonna shoot the ball too well.

I didn't say he misses dunks or layups...its just that its impossible to talk negatively about Kobe without getting ripped here. And I might add there is a reason I'm a mod and I don't think I need to prove anything to anyone.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Weezy on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:12 pm

He shot well today, made some tough shots. That's Kobe, never a HIGH percentage shooter. He's usually around %45 to %50, he takes a lot of shots on the Lakers and a lot less on Team USA. So on the Lakers if he's 1-5 he usually has a better 2nd quarter or half and pulls the percentage up. On team USA that's his whole game so that's just how it is, whadda you gonna do right, as long as they win.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:24 pm

KB24@CL wrote:some people don't get it which I can easily accept and some don't want to get it which bothers me...

again its not about overall percentage. Nobody said he is going to miss dunks or layups or brick them in that case,its the Jumper and if Kobe isn't involved enaugh offensively he is not going to make a whole lot of them, I have witnessed this for 12 years. Even with the Lakers if he is not involved, he isn't gonna shoot the ball too well.

I didn't say he misses dunks or layups...its just that its impossible to talk negatively about Kobe without getting ripped here. And I might add there is a reason I'm a mod and I don't think I need to prove anything to anyone.

That part I agree with. When Kobe doesn't get shots up, it throws off his rhythm and he tends to not shoot as well. I'm just refuting your claim that Kobe is "always off" with Team USA. Thats clearly not true. He shoots a great % and plays top notch level D (as evident by today's game against Lithuanian and games prior). He's doing exactly what he needs to do.

By the way I'm not ripping you. Sorry if It came off that way. People are just hypercritical of Kobe. Its true when people say that if Team USA does not win the gold, the blame will be placed on Kobe.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:54 pm

^its all good bro...I never said Kobe is not playing well.

But it does bother me how everyone expects Kobe to bail out team USA but at the same time he doesn't even get a chance to display his offensive prowess.

Really, his biggest strength is scoring and he could easily light these guys up. Instead everyone is expecting him to be the lockdown defender, playmaker and spot up shooter...and all I say is WTF..the guy is the best offensive player...give him his shots, let him do what he does best. Let him find his rhythem out there...there is no reason for him to go 1-5...under any circumstances...it seems like nobody wants Kobe to play to his strength which is nonsense...and Kobe himself has become hesitant over the years because if he takes his shots, people will quickly call him selfish and ballhog...

Kobe needs to find his rhythem in order to truly be the ace USA is expecting him to be.

KB24
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Team USA