USA vs Nigeria

Re: USA vs Nigeria

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:43 am

therealdeal wrote:
Murdock wrote:
The Rock wrote:One observation. Kobes becoming an even stricter jumpshooter, having a lot of trouble getting separation from his man on his jumpshots or getting my his defender on drives. Hes basically making all his contested fadeaways/pull up Js in halfcourt

it's not like he can't he doesn't even want to ... he just jabs all the time, fakes ... even when he is alone he usually waits for the defender ... he doesn't shoot off the screen that much he slows the game down a lot

No offense, but every time you post I prepare myself for Kobe Bryant hate.

I don't see it as hate ... Murdock is totally right on this but since Kobe is untouchable here , he's qualified as a hater ...

I've been tired of Kobe chucking one contested after the other this season and by the way he feels obliged to shoot another three as soon as he hit one (which he misses 90% of the time)

At least today , he went to work on the low block a couple of times for nice fadeaways but when it comes to these contested 3s , his % is very low ... the 2 out of 2 he did in today's game is very rare ... hell it's a rarity he only shoots 2 threes a game
wcsoldier81

Postby Azndude2190 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:46 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Historic game ... but yeah they're going to keep chucking threes after the incredible % they ended up with tonight ...
They were at 36% before this game , not exactly outstanding .. or maybe they start adapting to the FIBA ball

You think they'll lose? Nothing is impossible, but even if they are chucking 3's at a horrible percentage they've won every single game since 2008. Too much talent.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:00 am

Azndude2190 wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:Historic game ... but yeah they're going to keep chucking threes after the incredible % they ended up with tonight ...
They were at 36% before this game , not exactly outstanding .. or maybe they start adapting to the FIBA ball

You think they'll lose? Nothing is impossible, but even if they are chucking 3's at a horrible percentage they've won every single game since 2008. Too much talent.

No I don't think they are going to lose ... it's just that chuckings 3's at a horrible/average percentage isn't fun to watch ... if they post up/drive then kick the ball out for a open shooter , it is good basketball ..
but if that's just 5 guys standing on the perimeter , just passing to each other and waiting for the first guy semi-opened to fire up a three , it's boring B-Ball to me ... and they have been doing this a lot in the exhibitions and first two ( at least until the 2nd half against Tunisia) games in the Olympics
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:00 am

Azndude2190 wrote:

No I don't think they are going to lose ... it's just that chuckings 3's at a horrible/average percentage isn't fun to watch ... if they post up/drive then kick the ball out for a open shooter , it is good basketball ..
but if that's just 5 guys standing on the perimeter , just passing to each other and waiting for the first guy semi-opened to fire up a three , it's boring B-Ball to me ... and they have been doing this a lot in the exhibitions and first two ( at least until the 2nd half against Tunisia) games in the Olympics
wcsoldier81

Postby Finwë on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:28 am

therealdeal wrote:
Murdock wrote:
The Rock wrote:One observation. Kobes becoming an even stricter jumpshooter, having a lot of trouble getting separation from his man on his jumpshots or getting my his defender on drives. Hes basically making all his contested fadeaways/pull up Js in halfcourt

it's not like he can't he doesn't even want to ... he just jabs all the time, fakes ... even when he is alone he usually waits for the defender ... he doesn't shoot off the screen that much he slows the game down a lot

THIS
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:34 am

edit
Last edited by Finwë on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:34 am

This might have been the most incredible display of dominance I've seen on a basketball court. UNREAL. 83 point victory in today's international game. 29 3s. 2 40+ quarters.
Team USA made more 3s than Nigeria made 2s.
37 points in 14 (!) minutes for Anthony. WOW.
If you double Nigeria's point total, they still lose by 10 or so.
12 teams other than USA and Nigeria played today, 11 of them scored 82 or less. USA WON by 83. Insane.
And even though Nigeria didn't play that well, they aren't a bad team. They are very athletic and score the ball effectively. They scored 25 in the first Q against USA, that's pretty damn good. Too bad USA scored 49 on that quarter though :man10:

I was completely blown away by that performance.
Finwë

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:40 am

therealdeal wrote:
Murdock wrote:

Agreed.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby lakersStan24 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:01 am

Glad to See the REAL Kobe
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby Murdock on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:28 am

therealdeal wrote:
Murdock wrote:

None taken ... it's called constructive criticism ... if you can't see it's ok ... but Kobe taking contested jumpshots on this USA team is alarming ... he jabs way too much... usually stops the ball movement and takes contested shots ... 90% of his shots are constested during this year USA games ... while 70% of for example Durant's shots are either free or the defender is 4 feet away and just jumping to Durant but Kobe's defender is usually within 2 feet of him - that is not a good shot call it what ever you want it

I love Kobe man ... I had the only chance i my life to see him play and made most of it, but it doesn't mean I am blind to what he is doing wrong ... be a man a admit that kobe takes bad contested shots

wcsoldier81 wrote:I don't see it as hate ... Murdock is totally right on this but since Kobe is untouchable here , he's qualified as a hater ...

I've been tired of Kobe chucking one contested after the other this season and by the way he feels obliged to shoot another three as soon as he hit one (which he misses 90% of the time)

At least today , he went to work on the low block a couple of times for nice fadeaways but when it comes to these contested 3s , his % is very low ... the 2 out of 2 he did in today's game is very rare ... hell it's a rarity he only shoots 2 threes a game

thanks ;) there are few objective people I see ...
Murdock

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:14 am

well wcsoldier81 . you say kobe hits a three and when he is hitting it afterwards he takes another three well buddy it s not only kobe doing that all the players of team usa doing it like anthony,durant or lebron for example so for that stand point you are totally wrong when you say only kobe does this.
kobebryant248

Postby strategos on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:56 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Murdock wrote:

I don't see it as hate ... Murdock is totally right on this but since Kobe is untouchable here , he's qualified as a hater ...

I think what therealdeal meant was that you hardly ever see Murdock post anything about Kobe that is not totally negative. He tends to add that he loves Kope or that he is his favorite player etc. but that does not change overall 100% negative statement. I mean it is like EVERY time I see Murdock post abot Kobe it's bashing.

Don't get me wrong, I also was pissed at Kobe many times for taking tough shot after tough shot. However, if you never give a player like Kobe credit and only criticize him, it hardly looks like objective criticism
strategos

Postby therealdeal on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:31 am

^ that. I don't care if you hate Kobe, and I agree with his faults. But don't try to pass yourself off as a fan and spend every single post about him being critical. Constructive criticism is different than criticism.

Kobe is not infallible, he makes mistakes and I have no problem calling him on those. He's not untouchable to me so please don't lump me in as some homer, that's insulting.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:57 pm

strategos wrote:I think what therealdeal meant was that you hardly ever see Murdock post anything about Kobe that is not totally negative. He tends to add that he loves Kope or that he is his favorite player etc. but that does not change overall 100% negative statement. I mean it is like EVERY time I see Murdock post abot Kobe it's bashing.

Don't get me wrong, I also was pissed at Kobe many times for taking tough shot after tough shot. However, if you never give a player like Kobe credit and only criticize him, it hardly looks like objective criticism

Exactly.
Finwë

Postby laker911 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:34 pm

laker911

Postby Murdock on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:23 am

therealdeal wrote:^ that. I don't care if you hate Kobe, and I agree with his faults. But don't try to pass yourself off as a fan and spend every single post about him being critical. Constructive criticism is different than criticism.

Kobe is not infallible, he makes mistakes and I have no problem calling him on those. He's not untouchable to me so please don't lump me in as some homer, that's insulting.

Did I name you as Kobe homer? No ... But you can't dispute that most of the fans here are blind when comes to Kobe, and I am sick of it ... this was first good game from Kobe simply because he made those shots but still it wasn't a clever basketball for most of the time ...

also don't make it personal I've never named you or called you out, unlike you ...
Murdock

Previous

Return to Team USA