USA vs Spain Gold Medal Game, SUN 7 AM PST

Re: USA vs Spain Gold Medal Game, SUN 7 AM PST

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:27 am

Well let's see with which female sports team the team will party today. Just follow france's lead :man11:
It all went down at Chinawhite Nightclub in London ... San Antonio Spurs studs Tony Parker and Boris Diaw rolled in with their French team Thursday night ... a mere 24 hours after losing to Spain and sealing their elimination from medal contention.

Parker, Diaw and the rest of Team Frenchy popped multiple bottles of Cristal and a magnum-sized Veuve Clicquot ... along with other effective libations.
And they didn't party alone ... sources tell us several members of Germany's women's volleyball team were kickin' with the baskeballers.
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby JSM on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:28 am

Jazzygirl205 wrote:how do you guys think team USA will be without Kobe and coack K? LeBron will be 31, Melo 31, Durant 28 etc etc.

Thankfully, we should have Dwight back. We really lacked up front this time around. Rose should be back, as well. It'll certainly be different. Melo and Bron will be playing more of Kobe's role and ushering in the younger guys -- Harden, Davis, Irving, etc.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:30 am

JSM wrote:
Jazzygirl205 wrote:how do you guys think team USA will be without Kobe and coack K? LeBron will be 31, Melo 31, Durant 28 etc etc.

Thankfully, we should have Dwight back, too. We really lacked up front this time around. It'll certainly be different. Melo and Bron will be playing more of Kobe's role and ushering in the younger guys -- Harden, Davis, Irving, etc.

Well to be honest i really doubt LeBron will play for the US anymore. After three Olympics and considering he'll go to the Finals a lot I guess he won't be back.
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:32 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Marreese Speights ‏@Mospeights16
I wonder why Iggy didn't go speak to Doug like the other players??!!!
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Morpheus trying to start some ish. :man10:

Well, all throughout the tournament Team USA fought the war. Tonight Speights believed we could end it. Tonight was not an accident. There are no accidents. Team USA did not come here by chance. Speights does not believe in chance. When he sees 11 players, 11 hugs, 11 handshakes. he does not see coincidence, he sees providence. He sees purpose. Speights believed it was our fate to be here. It was our destiny. He believed this night held for each and every one of us, the very meaning of our lives.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby bystander on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:33 am

Amazing game. So proud of them.

Pau 24-8-7

I still want to make some nasty things to Navarro.

Congrats USA and specially to Durant and Kobe, one with the scoring and another with the leadership.

Spain decline in the international basketball starts today. It was a great run, 2 Eurobaskets, 1 World Championship and 2 Silver Medals.

After US, Yugoslavia and URSS, Spain is the country with more finals in the Oylmpics with 3.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:35 am

BTW, a special shout out to Russia for ousting those whiny, crybaby a** Argentinians.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby JSM on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:36 am

DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:
JSM wrote:

Thankfully, we should have Dwight back, too. We really lacked up front this time around. It'll certainly be different. Melo and Bron will be playing more of Kobe's role and ushering in the younger guys -- Harden, Davis, Irving, etc.

Well to be honest i really doubt LeBron will play for the US anymore. After three Olympics and considering he'll go to the Finals a lot I guess he won't be back.

Also it depends on if/when they put the age limit in. If they do put it into play for 2020, then I expect a lot of vets (like Bron) playing in 2016 just because it will be the last time we will win gold for a long, long time.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:38 am

KB24 wrote:
JSM wrote:Wonder what Kobe was telling Pau.

Kobe: "you coasted all season in the NBA to conserve energy for this and I told you it ain't worth it".

:man10: so true probably
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:40 am

What the hell Craig Sager is thinking ?
wcsoldier81

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:41 am

bystander wrote:Amazing game. So proud of them.

Pau 24-8-7

I still want to make some nasty things to Navarro.

Congrats USA and specially to Durant and Kobe, one with the scoring and another with the leadership.

Spain decline in the international basketball starts today. It was a great run, 2 Eurobaskets, 1 World Championship and 2 Silver Medals.

After US, Yugoslavia and URSS, Spain is the country with more finals in the Oylmpics with 3.

Congrats for a great game from your boys, especially our guy Pau
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:47 am

Can somebody up the medal ceremony? they're not showing it here.
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:56 am

bystander wrote:If we play bad, it'll be a +50 lose game. If we play like we are playing this tournament we can lose by 20 or 30. Only chance to win is a M I R A C L E.

I'll be watching with a few beers, won't be here to talk it with you guys, i'll come here when i arrive home to congratulate you guys. Don't be too bad with me.

Aside from some chippy fouls trying to instigate I'm not sure what, Spain played a tremendous game no shame whatsoever. Huge big shots from the guards all game long or nearly, like US, and Pau was magnificent especially considering the level of the competition. Heartbreaking loss for him and Spain as a team. :bang: my head with the coach leaving Marc in with 3 fouls in the first half, but Pau stepped up huge in 3rd to carry them and Ibaka as well to not let US pull away with Marc stuck on bench.

Great game for US team and Laker fans with both Kobe and Pau playing so well. Nail biter but glad for us it didn't come down to last shot with chance for Kobe to try to do too much and maybe be a goat rather than hero.

Way too many fouls called for a game of this magnitude.

Felt really bad for Pau at the end. Played his guts out..... :jam2: :jam2: :bow: :bow: Best BIG man in the Games 3 Olympics running....WOW!
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:10 am

Doc Brown wrote:If I don't see this Pau we saw today, next season........I'm going to be pissed.

There's no excuse.

Stop already you said it 3 times...... there was a lot of CRAP going on both of the last 2 years that we don't know about. Well last year we do .....it was how effing potato head used him in that asinine offense (????) (playoffs too....hello) and wore him and everyone's bleeps into the ground with his 8 man rotations during regular season. Two playoffs ago....something chemistry wise was going on behind the scenes. And yes I hope we see this this year as well. Just tired of it if people keep beating the dead horse with it....new era....let's move on.
LTLakerFan

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:13 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:If I don't see this Pau we saw today, next season........I'm going to be pissed.

There's no excuse.

Stop already you said it 3 times...... there was a lot of CRAP going on both of the last 2 years that we don't know about. Well last year we do .....it was how effing potato head used him in that asinine offense (????) (playoffs too....hello) and wore him and everyone's bleeps into the ground with his 8 man rotations during regular season. Two playoffs ago....something chemistry wise was going on behind the scenes. And yes I hope we see this this year as well. Just tired of it if people keep beating the dead horse with it....new era....let's move on.

He mad
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Basketball Fan on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:23 am

Basketball Fan

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:24 am

Basketball Fan wrote:Image

:man10: @Harden's face
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:30 am

Kobe to Pau: "Don't worry bro, we about to destroy the NBA this season"
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:06 am

LTLakerFan wrote:

There's no excuse.

Out of all that, you managed to not put one ounce of blame Gasol's way. Props.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:40 am

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:45 am

Doc Brown wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:

There's no excuse.

Out of all that, you managed to not put one ounce of blame Gasol's way. Props.

No....here please see above. Clearly I am acknowledging it too and hoping right along with you that he can be better this year compared to both of last. And seriously when you are dealing with Kobe in your grill about your mistakes, knowing yourself as well to be a world class player, and you see some of the boneheaded stuff he does in "hero" mode..... Can you imagine how hard that is to deal with year in and year out. They were at each other's throats at the end of the season.

Let's go Pau!!!...glad you came out healthy and are now in great shape and can feel good about your effort on the Olympic stage aside from not winning it all.

:jam2: :jam2:
LTLakerFan

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:36 pm

Anybody have a clip of the medal ceremony? They didn't show it.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Original 81 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:59 pm

Ras Algethi wrote:Anybody have a clip of the medal ceremony? They didn't show it.

They showed it after a few commercial breaks following interviews. I'm sure chook could get the clip.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:27 pm

^Ah ok. My recording stopped so I wasn't sure.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby 24K GOLD on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:28 am

Rudy you are disgusting

I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby bystander on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:00 am

24K GOLD wrote:Rudy you are disgusting

He gets on my nerves, it's hard to support the same team he's in. In this case, why did he faked it ? It was a clear foul by Iggy for grabbing his leg. There were no need to him to do that.

Also,

pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

PreviousNext

Return to Team USA