Wade's Olympic Diary: Entry 1

Wade's Olympic Diary: Entry 1

Postby JSM on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:48 am

This is from 6/30

Yahoo: Welcome to inside the mind of a 2008 Olympian, Dwyane Wade. I’m speaking of myself in third person, but I want to give you guys the inside track about what’s coming up for the team and how we spent our first weekend together in Vegas.

Now as a U.S. Olympian, you have a lot of obligations to be on time—and I was late for the first team meeting. I was 25 minutes late because I overslept. I had to run a little extra for that and I will make sure I’m on time from now on.

We have a team photo shoot Monday in New York and we did some kind of movie shoot in Vegas where we had to take it back to the early 70s with the poses we did. LeBron (James) was joking the whole time. We couldn’t even stand in a straight line because LeBron was joking, Carmelo (Anthony) was joking and even Coach K (Mike Krzyzewski) cracked a couple of jokes. Overall it was lighthearted day, though our first two-hour practice was a good one Saturday.

My knee is feeling good. I went through my first day with the team and did everything everyone else did at practice. I worked hard to be here today. I have been in the gym five days a week since the first week of May—training, rehabbing conditioning, getting my explosion back for you guys and for me. I want to continue to be the player that some of you guys like and some of you fell in love with.

I’m feeling good and ready to go.

We have a lot of fun together on the court, but we also have fun together off the court. Friday night we all got together off the court. Myself, LeBron, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Carlos Boozer all had a chance to get away from basketball at a club and really chill. We’re going to have fun together and we’re going to keep doing it with the rest of our teammates as well. While I might be one of the funniest guys on this team, LeBron is by far the craziest guy on this team. With him, it doesn’t matter, he will say anything. Carmelo is very silly. We keep J-Kidd (Jason Kidd) and Kobe (Bryant) young because we keep them laughing a lot.

The weekend started off pretty good for me before I even got to Vegas. On Thursday night the Miami Heat got the opportunity to select Michael Beasley in the (NBA) draft. There was a lot of chatter going around that we didn’t want Michael Beasley, but that wasn’t it at all. Being the second pick, you have to sort out all your options. But at the end of the day, our option was to get the best player in the draft and Michael Beasley was the best player. And we also got a national champion in Mario Chalmers. I’m going to go out on a limb and say we got an A-plus in the draft and we’re building.

Now we’re going to out in free agency to see what we can find. We got photo shoots going on today, parties going on, but the cameras can’t come in. I’ll give you guys some more insight on how the team is doing and how we have fun off the court, but right now that’s all that’s inside the mind of Dwyane, hope you enjoyed it and see you guys again in July.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby leakbrewergator on Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Wade's Diary:

Dear Diary,

Today me and some guys went to a corner store in New York City. Kobe and LeBron got some beef jerky, they said something about it being manly food. I told them whatever, I'm gonna get some cotton candy flavored ice cream!

After we left the store I saw a beautiful butterfly. I began to give chase and I accidently bumped into Dwight Howard who was leaving the store at that exact moment.

OUCH! What pain I felt in my shoulder. I could not move no matter how hard I tried! I yelled for someone to call 911 but no one would listen. I began to cry due to the unendurable pain.

Finally, LeBron and Kobe finished their "manly" beef jerky and carried me to the nearest cab.

After a few hours of bed rest I must say I feel much better.

What a day!

D-Wade.

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby Spanish Assassin on Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:16 pm

leakbrewergator wrote:Wade's Diary:

Dear Diary,

Today me and some guys went to a corner store in New York City. Kobe and LeBron got some beef jerky, they said something about it being manly food. I told them whatever, I'm gonna get some cotton candy flavored ice cream!

After we left the store I saw a beautiful butterfly. I began to give chase and I accidently bumped into Dwight Howard who was leaving the store at that exact moment.

OUCH! What pain I felt in my shoulder. I could not move no matter how hard I tried! I yelled for someone to call 911 but no one would listen. I began to cry due to the unendurable pain.

Finally, LeBron and Kobe finished their "manly" beef jerky and carried me to the nearest cab.

What a day!

D-Wade.
:man9:
Spanish Assassin

Postby ZenMaster4President on Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:42 pm

Yeah... Wade does sound like 15 y.o. girl writing to her diary...

And....

Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby Congo Cash on Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Dear Diary,

What a day!

D-Wade.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Kwame's Cake wrote:

Dear Diary,

What a day!

D-Wade.

LOL!
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:02 pm

Dear Diary,

What a day!

D-Wade.

:man10: , chased the butterfly :man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Ni9ne on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:53 am

Kwame's Cake wrote:

Dear Diary,

What a day!

D-Wade.

ROFL :bow:
Ni9ne

Postby jimbo327 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:19 pm

Being 25 minutes late because you overslept on the first meeting. Nice job. It would have been funnier if they had replaced him in that 25 minutes.
jimbo327

Postby GameTimeLaker on Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:59 pm

Wade's diary - Entry 2

Dear Diary,

Today was another special day for me. As I was walking to the nearest video store to rent myselt Little Mermaid...I mean rent my kids Little Mermaid, I came across a little problem that hindered me from picking up the video. My shoulder suddenly locked and I was unable to move.

At that point, I started to scream at the register worker to come help me, and as he approached me, I fell to the ground and felt a thump on my head, I realized that I had just landed on the employee's shoe and I was now in a type 2 concussion.

Foam started to drip out of my mouth and my eyes were rolling behind my head. I felt awkward because Kobe and LeBron were both outside waiting for me in their car. When I woke up, I saw Kobe standing on top of me, slapping me, smacking me over my head. I think he kept saying something like "Whisper, wake up, Whisper, wake up", or maybe he was saying Whistle, I honestly couldn't tell.

Anyways, this was my day, and to be quite honest, I had a good time and the movie wasn't so bad after all. I cried the entire day at the thought of that poor little fish. Well, off to China I go for the Olympics, till next time my main peeps. (Ouch, just tripped over a bug, nothing to worry about folks, I'll get up).
Are You A Suns Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
Call Us Now On 1-800 10 10 10
That's 1-800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing
GameTimeLaker

Postby Chicano on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:18 am

Ni9ne wrote:
Kwame's Cake wrote:

Dear Diary,

What a day!

D-Wade.

ROFL :bow:
:lol:
Chicano

Postby goatis24 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:28 am

Dear Diary,

What a day!

D-Wade.

Just like everyone else :man10: :man10: :man10: :jam2: :jam2: :bow: :bow:
goatis24

Postby Neville on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:12 pm

Dear Diary,

What a day!

D-Wade.

:man10:
Neville

Return to Team USA