6%
Jason Kidd
10%
Carmelo Anthony
26%

Total votes : 73

Postby revgen on Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:44 am

It goes to either Kobe or Kidd.

They've brought professionalism, defense, and veteran leadership that Bron, Melo, Wade, and the others didn't bring last year. The difference is obvious. And I've got all (except Lithuania) of last years games to see the difference for myself.

Since I'm biased, I'd say Kobe over Kidd.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Jr. Kobe on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:19 pm

Unfortunalety, Carmelo Anthony.

Because he's played to be an MVP so far.
THOUSANDS OF TURKISH LAKERS FANS (OVER 16k)
LOS ANGELES LAKERS TURKEY: www.LakersTR.com
ALSO CHECK THIS OUT PLEASE!!! - THANKS
Jr. Kobe

Postby karacha on Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:03 pm

Offense: Melo
Defense: Kobe
Playmaking: Kidd
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JuanoLAL on Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:58 pm

ladam24 wrote:It's a toss up between Kobe and Kidd for me. Melo's extremely close.

Kobe and Kidd have been the difference makers.

Co-sign. My vote goes to Kobe though.
JuanoLAL

Got to go with the Kidd

Postby Juronimo on Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:40 pm

For me it's definitely Jason Kidd. His leadership and maturity has made the difference. Also, he has been pushing the ball and getting the basketball to the scorers in perfect position.

To me the biggest difference between this team and last year's team is Jason Kidd. He immediately made everyone shine the second he steps on the court.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby 81 Is Not Enough on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:16 am

I agree with the people who say its Kobe/Kidd. Melo has been scoring very well, but what player can't score when team USA needs them to? Kobe and Kidd have both given this team an attitude and elevated the level of the entire team. They are both players who do it all out there while shutting down the opponent and allowing fastbreak opportunities.
81 Is Not Enough

Postby LAFan1188 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:04 am

either kobe or kidd, but im leaning towards kidd
:L:F:F:L:
Laker Fan For Life, from '93 til Infinity
Bill Walton
"You look at Vladimir Radmanovic, this guy is cut from stone. As if Michelangelo was reading and a lightening bolt flashed before him."
LAFan1188

Postby scottiep1013 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:04 am

I voted for Melo.

I agree with everyone saying that Kidd and Kobe bring leadership and a different mentality, but Melo has been a constant in every game so far. He's doing really well on the offensive end and doing alright defensively. Statistically he's doing the best out of everyone and he's playing really smart basketball. Kobe has been great on defense, but he has some mental lapses on the offensive end. While Kidd and Kobe are the brains, I think Melo is the engine for the US team.
scottiep1013

Postby Lakerzrevenge on Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:05 am

I didn't know to last night that we are LITERALLY putting up the best all around numbers since ANY TEAM after the 1992 Dream Team, until the graffic was showed during the game!! :man4: :man4: :man4: :man4: :man4:
“I put a lot of pressure on myself to go out and be great and the best player on the court. When I don’t, I feel bad for myself.” - Lebron James after Game 6 elimination to Celtics.
Lakerzrevenge

Postby kroublees on Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:06 am

Lakerzrevenge wrote:I didn't know to last night that we are LITERALLY putting up the best all around numbers since ANY TEAM after the 1992 Dream Team, until the graffic was showed during the game!! :man4: :man4: :man4: :man4: :man4:
kobe :mhihi:
"To me he is the best player in the world right now. That guy doesn't know fear at all. He doesn't care. He would have won it for the Americans single-handedly." Dirk Nowitzki on Kobe
kroublees

Postby saedel on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:01 pm

I voted for Kobe -- the guy concentrates on defense and hustles; continues to be an offensive threat. He's one of the big difference alongside Jason Kidd. His presence alone is a huge impact to the game.
"I can't is a depressing washed-up front for "I don't..."

See me in this planet - Planet Saedel - There are interesting stuff still undiscovered.
saedel

Postby Lakerzrevenge on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:55 pm

Ask yourself this, was Melo scoring big last year......yes he was. Did he have better games, in fact he did, including a 35 point game...so for those saying he's MVP, if he's doing exactly the same thing from last year then what were reults last year. Once you answer that realize it was not soley Melo's fault as he was a bright spot from last year, but thats not the point, the point is wht is the difference this year. IMO, its Kobe and Kidd.
“I put a lot of pressure on myself to go out and be great and the best player on the court. When I don’t, I feel bad for myself.” - Lebron James after Game 6 elimination to Celtics.
Lakerzrevenge

Postby LAFan1188 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:59 pm

Lakerzrevenge wrote:Ask yourself this, was Melo scoring big last year......yes he was. Did he have better games, in fact he did, including a 35 point game...so for those saying he's MVP, if he's doing exactly the same thing from last year then what were reults last year. Once you answer that realize it was not soley Melo's fault as he was a bright spot from last year, but thats not the point, the point is wht is the difference this year. IMO, its Kobe and Kidd.

just to play devil's advocate...

if the lakers were to acquire a defensive stopper and a good passing pg who helped us win a championship, and kobe continued to score at a 27-32 ppg range, would he be the mvp of the team?
:L:F:F:L:
Laker Fan For Life, from '93 til Infinity
Bill Walton
"You look at Vladimir Radmanovic, this guy is cut from stone. As if Michelangelo was reading and a lightening bolt flashed before him."
LAFan1188

Postby Lakerzrevenge on Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:25 pm

LAFan1188 wrote:
Lakerzrevenge wrote:Ask yourself this, was Melo scoring big last year......yes he was. Did he have better games, in fact he did, including a 35 point game...so for those saying he's MVP, if he's doing exactly the same thing from last year then what were reults last year. Once you answer that realize it was not soley Melo's fault as he was a bright spot from last year, but thats not the point, the point is wht is the difference this year. IMO, its Kobe and Kidd.

just to play devil's advocate...

if the lakers were to acquire a defensive stopper and a good passing pg who helped us win a championship, and kobe continued to score at a 27-32 ppg range, would he be the mvp of the team?

Good question, I think so, if he still carreid the team on an off night I think Kobe could be the MVP of the league....ad stoip missing dunks. j/p :mhihi:
Lakerzrevenge

Postby Showtime is Magic on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:22 pm

Offense: Melo
Defense: KOBE
Showtime is Magic

Postby ImmortalD24 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:39 pm

So Far
1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Kidd
NO DEFENSE, NO RINGS.
ImmortalD24

Postby addwuzhere on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:53 pm

jason kidd
dude committed only his third turnover today

pass the ball well

kobe -leadership

carmelo- leading scorer when on the floor

and it hurts me to say this but lebron to step up for melo absence
NBA Quotes:
Alonzo, winning the DPOY:"I thank my teammates for letting their men blow by them."

Shaq:"I made a 1,600 minus 800 minus 200 on the SAT, so I'm very intelligent when I speak."

Chick Hearn:"The game's in the refrigerator. The door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jiggling."
addwuzhere

Postby melo061 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:57 pm

Showtime is Magic wrote:Offense: Melo

Offense-Bron
Defense-Kobe
melo061

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:02 pm

melo061 wrote:
Showtime is Magic wrote:Offense: Melo

Offense-Bron
Defense-Kobe

Well maybe against Uruguary, but for the whole tournament, Showtime's got it right. Melo has been the primary scorer. Lets not go overboard over one game.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby melo061 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:04 pm

Its not just scoring, Lebron is so effecient, keeps his teamates in the game and doesn't force anything. Melo at times has been erratic, can't say about bron. Basically, lebron's offense (scoring+playmaking) has been better than melo's pure scoring.
melo061

Postby ImmortalD24 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:06 pm

melo061 wrote:Its not just scoring, Lebron is so effecient, keeps his teamates in the game and doesn't force anything. Melo at times has been erratic, can't say about bron. Basically, lebron's offense (scoring+playmaking) has been better than melo's pure scoring.
Exactly!
NO DEFENSE, NO RINGS.
ImmortalD24

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:12 pm

melo061 wrote:Its not just scoring, Lebron is so effecient, keeps his teamates in the game and doesn't force anything. Melo at times has been erratic, can't say about bron. Basically, lebron's offense (scoring+playmaking) has been better than melo's pure scoring.

Lebron's been more efficient. I'll give you that.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby melo061 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:14 pm

And has been a waaaaaaaay better playmaker. He is the team's best playmaker outside of the pgs.
melo061

Previous

Return to Team USA