6%
Jason Kidd
10%
Carmelo Anthony
26%

Total votes : 73

Who Has Been Team USA's MVP Thus Far?

Postby Massacre on Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:45 pm

Simple question. Who do you think has helped Team USA the most through 5 games? Kobe who's brought the experience, lockdown perimeter D and championship experience to a team that desperately needed it? Kidd bringing his leadership, smarts and D as well, Carmelo lighting it up game after game or LeBron?
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby MadMax on Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:47 pm

Its a toss up between Kobe and Carmelo but Carmelo is the leading scorer so far soooooo......
MadMax

Postby Godfather on Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:49 pm

It's actually a pretty hard question to me D: I think all four of those guys have just been outstanding and each has contributed a little something to the team. It's more of a team effort rather than one guy.

I want to say Kobe...and then I want to say Kidd...and then I watch Melo's consistency and Lebron's power dunks.. ahhhh!!!@)(*!@)(*@)(*#()

I'll just cop out and say Kobe >.>
Godfather

Postby lakerskobe247 on Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:50 pm

E) All of the above

Kobe Bryant: doing it all, setting the tone with tenacious defense
Lebron James: read above, with solid defense
Dwight Howard: rebounding machine
Melo: Scoring Machine
Kidd: Being Magic Johnson with tenacious defense
Redd: Shooting
http://www.youtube.com/LakersRule24
Visit, comment, and subscribe to the #1 Kobe Bryant Game Archive on the net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U616sib8v-Y
Kobe Bryant Clutch Compilation: Game Winners as of 2009
lakerskobe247

Postby Massacre on Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:53 pm

As I was finished making this topic, I realized that no one player has been responsible for the dominance of Team USA, but it has been a balanced attack led (mostly) by all 4 of those players. Take either one off, and the squad is not nearly the same.
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Lakerzrevenge on Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:54 pm

I picked Melo but Kobe's defensive intensity has elevated everyone's level of urgency. Collectively everyone is dominating but Melo's scoring brilliance in 17 minutes per game can't be denied, even if he is jacking becuase he's actually hitting them. In every game thus far Melo has got us going scoring wise. Kidd is just bein Kidd, controlling the pace and doin what he does best....Lebron is a man beast,lol.
“I put a lot of pressure on myself to go out and be great and the best player on the court. When I don’t, I feel bad for myself.” - Lebron James after Game 6 elimination to Celtics.
Lakerzrevenge

Postby gdchild on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:07 am

Scoring wise, Melo; defense wise, Kobe.
Last edited by gdchild on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
gdchild

Postby scarface223 on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:14 am

TO me honestly, when Jason Kidd is out their, that's when I feel like the team makes their HUGE runs!! THey must be like +60 with him in their or something. I think it's been him or Carmelo!
scarface223

Postby Ras Algethi on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:27 am

Tough call between Kobe and Melo.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:39 am

I really don't think there's been one MVP of this team, they've all done their part. Kobe has done it with mostly defnese, Melo has been unstoppable with his scoring, LeBron has been attacking the rim ferociously and dishing out assists and generaly just being a leader, Kidd changes the whole game when he's in there, as soon as the ball comes off the rim they give it to Kidd, they LOOK for him, and I'll throw Redd out there for his 3 point bombing. I don't think I could pick one guy, but Bron is really doing his thing, he has a big presence out there, natural leader from what I see.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:10 am

kobe and kidd are the leaders. without them the team would be struggling (but probably not that much due to all the stars on the team) on offense and defense. kidd sets the table on offense and kobe gets them into a tough defensive mindset.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:17 am

Kobe. The guy shuts down the opposition's best player.
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Postby ladam24 on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:20 am

It's a toss up between Kobe and Kidd for me. Melo's extremely close.

Kobe and Kidd have been the difference makers.
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby KB24 on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:28 am

Weezy wrote:I really don't think there's been one MVP of this team, they've all done their part. Kobe has done it with mostly defnese, Melo has been unstoppable with his scoring, LeBron has been attacking the rim ferociously and dishing out assists and generaly just being a leader, Kidd changes the whole game when he's in there, as soon as the ball comes off the rim they give it to Kidd, they LOOK for him, and I'll throw Redd out there for his 3 point bombing. I don't think I could pick one guy, but Bron is really doing his thing, he has a big presence out there, natural leader from what I see.
100% agreed

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby High IQ on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:44 am

KB8@CL wrote:
Weezy wrote:I really don't think there's been one MVP of this team, they've all done their part. Kobe has done it with mostly defnese, Melo has been unstoppable with his scoring, LeBron has been attacking the rim ferociously and dishing out assists and generaly just being a leader, Kidd changes the whole game when he's in there, as soon as the ball comes off the rim they give it to Kidd, they LOOK for him, and I'll throw Redd out there for his 3 point bombing. I don't think I could pick one guy, but Bron is really doing his thing, he has a big presence out there, natural leader from what I see.
100% agreed
High IQ

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:05 am

Kobe Bryant. Dude is straight bringin' it.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby hitokiriheero on Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:38 am

dwight howard is a beast on the boards too
hitokiriheero

Postby The Maverick on Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:53 am

High IQ wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
100% agreed
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby melo061 on Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:51 am

The Maverick wrote:
High IQ wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
100% agreed

Yep. Lebron seems to be the most controlled whilst still producing. I've always liked the kid, he'll lead us to gold in 2012 :man9:
melo061

Postby nameant on Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:40 am

Can't pick one. To a casual basketball fan who cares about stats? Melo. But if you watch the games, it's more than that. This might seem like Melo hate but....he has done this before for team USA. What did it get us? No doubt he is playing fantastic and honestly, he's winning me over. I can't help but respect what he's doing and the way he's playing. But is it the reason we're winning? Like I said, he's done this before and it didn't make us the great team we are now. The difference this time around is defense and I think that starts with our new back court. The shooting of Miller and Redd has also helped tremendously. Dwight Howard becoming the beast we all knew he would become, is helping as well. There are so many different things. I think it's good we don't have a clearcut MVP. Shows how much of a team we are.
nameant

Postby RJ on Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:00 am

Melo has made me a big fan these last few days, so I'll go with him. Watching him on offense is just pure fun. :jam2:
[PSN ID: RJN]

{CLK} One team. One Clan.
RJ, No Scope, Nissan, CrazyLikeCatfish, LD2K, Helljumper, TXLAKERFAN
PM me to join.
RJ

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:11 am

MASSACRE wrote:As I was finished making this topic, I realized that no one player has been responsible for the dominance of Team USA, but it has been a balanced attack led (mostly) by all 4 of those players. Take either one off, and the squad is not nearly the same.
Daloyalfan18

Postby Tragic on Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:16 am

Offense Melo
Defense Kobe
Tragic

Postby Punk-101 on Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:06 am

The Maverick wrote:
High IQ wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
100% agreed
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby shoe on Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:10 am

everyones been awsome

kidd, kobe, melo,

but if i had to pick one, itd be melo
shoe

Next

Return to Team USA