Will olympics/qualifying destroy Kobe's off-season regimine?

Will olympics/qualifying destroy Kobe's off-season regimine?

Postby mar10albert0 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:48 am

Kobe's committed to what 2 or 3 summers of playing basketball with the olympic team? Now he won't be able to practice and workout all the time improving his game.

Also maybe he won't be able to pace himself the way he would normally and this could lead to him being more fatigued when the regular season starts.
mar10albert0

Postby KB24 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:29 am

I doubt. I mean Kobe is too good to have a bad off-season. he has a personal trainer, Vitty (an all-time great) is also there. they will adjust and they know what to do.
Nowitzki is doing it every year and he is fine.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby mar10albert0 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:35 am

yeah but maybe he'll be too busy flying to different games, playing games, and also practicing with the new team mates to have enought time to dedicate to improving his game like he does every off season.
mar10albert0

Postby epak on Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:45 am

Serious. He needs rest, which is why the last off season was a blessing in disguise. Going to the playoffs every year takes a toll on your body.
Jerry West:
"You give the same amount of shots to everybody else and they're not making that many, I know it. Players are jealous of greatness. Kobe is a unique talent and a unique person." (after Kobe's 81 points)
epak

Postby KB24 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:45 am

lets hope he knows what he does.
BTW At this point Kobe doesn´t have any weakness that depends on workouts. `Right now its all in his head, his decisions, his leadership....
I don´t really see a weakness where I could say he should work on it. I mean he can hit half-court shots left handed. I mean he can do everything. His defense is a little unimpressive lately. We will get a closer look against J-Rich in the next game.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Frank The Tank on Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:08 am

It does worry me a little bit because Kobe puts so much wear and tear on his body that he needs the time to recover and prepair for the next season. I really pray that this doesnt have a negative impact on future seasons.
Frank The Tank

Postby MarkMadsen on Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:09 am

if his 666 workout plan is true, then these next few summers would be a breeze. :mhihi:
MarkMadsen

Postby msb212 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:47 am

the bigger bummer is that his Laker teammates wil not get to work out with him, as many did this past summer.
msb212

Postby Crono0801 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:10 pm

msb212 wrote:the bigger bummer is that his Laker teammates wil not get to work out with him, as many did this past summer.

i was thinking about this too. I was looking forward to having Lamar workout with Kobe this summer especially since Lamar didn't have a chance to last summer cuz of his injury.
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby verde on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:55 pm

summer olympics/qualifying isn't going to put more wear and tear on his body.

if anything....it's gonna be like a summer off.

i bet when he has nothing to do in the summers, he plays more, practices more, and works himself out harder than any other player in the nba.
just because he flys to a few games in asia (or wherever they are) and has a few weeks of practice with the national team doesn't mean he's gonna be tired going into next season.
verde

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:50 pm

You don't think they have a gym or workout equipment where they are training?

Not only will Kobe be determined to add new aspects to his game. He will do what he's done whenever he's gotten the chance to play with other great NBA players for any duration of time, such as All Star Weekend. If you don't think Kobe will be soaking up things from the other guys on Team USA and adding some new tricks to his already impressive offensive arsenal, then you are greatly mistaken.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Return to Team USA