The CL Feed - Episode #0001

Postby ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:36 am

GuRu wrote:Just finished listening the whole way through.

The Forum section was the best by far, Id like to see more of that.

Honest opinions? No offense intended...

Sky was on point, just as expected. Much of it was regurgitation from what Ive heard from him on the site, which is to be expected (and in no way is that a bad thing), but it was also cool to put a voice to the face. Sky seemed prepared and handled himself well.

Jsm also was very prepared. Good delievery, diggint he little southern drawl to set him apart. I felt he was just reading some things off a paper in the draft section, but other than that I liked most when he just talked freely and let us see his personality.

LD2K (Chris) came off good. He too was knowledgeable, and probably the best at setting up a personality some Laker fans could relate to. When he was giving an opinion, you knew it was him. Plus, the knowledge was solid and delievered well. No stutters or unsure answers.

hZm did a decent job, but he needs some improvement on getting his opinion in, and making his presence known. He seemed a bit unprepared when it came to the BAE question, and there was a lot of "um's". "uh", pauses. Im not holding anything against anyone though, everyone is new at this.

Nugget had some technical problems, he started out strong though. I wish there was more to judge him on.

And finally, bhatta. Distinctive voice, sounds comfortable as host, definitely nice segues into topics, switching to someone's turn to speak, callback on info, ect. Great job as host. I didnt care for your arguments much, but that matters little, you still presented them well. Id love to debate you to the death. Then me and jsm would crash your funeral for chicks, Chazz Feingold style.

agreed
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7

Postby GuRu on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:36 am

Boognish666 wrote:Am I allowed to say I think it sucks?

Sure, but be prepared to offer credible reasoning to back up your opinion if you want to be taken seriously.
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:37 am

Boognish666 wrote:Am I allowed to say I think it sucks?

come on man, you don't have to agree with the argrument, but the CL Feed is pretty good, and its really nice to see it put together....
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7

Postby Klewfish on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:49 am

bhatta, I dont like your argument about Phil Jackson mismanaging time for Chris Mihm. Chris Mihm was always in foul trouble, and thats why he wasn't on the floor longer.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby Podium on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:49 am

Just finished listening to the whole thing. Thanks for "feeding" us :mhihi: , I like that play on words.

Overall, it was better than I expected for the first podcast. I know that bhatta was having problems with the sound of the forum section, but most of it was "listen-to-able", but there was some point in the draft section I believe it was when JSM was talking and I thought there was a light saber battle going in the background :mhihi: , but it was good overall.

Good information, and good dicussion. :jam2:

Keep up the good work guys, always appreciated.
Podium
Clublakers Analyst

Postby kb the assassin on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:54 am

i cant wait for the after the draft edition :man13:
kb the assassin

Postby jBL on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:57 am

Thanks!!
You should host a show on XM radio. Nice voice :jam2:
jBL

Postby MarkMadsen on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:12 pm

Guru and bhatta should do a PTI like segment.
MarkMadsen

Postby ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:17 pm

yeah, I can't wait till the draft edition

and PJax is the coach for this team....
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7

Postby c.Lin on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:18 pm

Good show. I didn't really get into it until the forum section and the wrap-up. Nicely done for a first episode. Lots of substance. Still pretty raw in terms of style, execution, and overall draw, but it looks like it has a lot of potential.

Good job, guys. Thanks for all the hard work. I'm looking forward to Episode 2.

I have just been fed. :man10:
c.Lin

Postby Questionmark on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:25 pm

This is a great idea and everyone involved should give themselves a pat on the back!

The discussion was great and even if I didn't agree with everything that was said, it's good to hear other opinions.

I would love to have some kind of involvement in this (even if I don't get acknowledged for it).
Questionmark

Postby Klewfish on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:32 pm

Listening to the part talking about PHX beating LA in the regular season, then Kobe changing in the playoffs and beating PHX. It brought me to this question.

Did Kobe continue to score in the regular season, and take the lose, just so he didn't give away a playoff strategy? I mean what if Kobe became a passer, and more trustworthy of his teammates at the end of the season, that would have given PHX the opportunity to prepare for that type of Kobe. So did the Lakers give up a couple losses by having Kobe doing his normal high scoring routine, instead of giving away a playoff strategy?
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby Kob3eight on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:40 pm

:man10: Its weird listening to you guys.
Song Currently Playing
Kob3eight
Resident Monkey

Postby revgen on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:40 pm

@bhatta

Here's my reply to your comments at the beginning.

1) Chris Mihm is better in the triangle then Kwame Brown.

I do agree with this. Chris Mihm is a better passer, better Mid-range shooter, better FT shooter, better shotblocker, and more dynamic with offensive moves. He's also a better communicator on defense. I see him constantly talking to his guards to inform them about backscreens.

2) We should keep Mihm. Kwame's trade value is higher now.

I disagree. Chris Mihm has always been seen as a solid bench player when he played for Cleveland and Boston. Now he's viewed by GM's as a serviceable center whether he's a starter or a bench player. Combine that with his reasonable salary and you have a player that other teams are interested in aquiring.

Kwame is a guy making $9 mil yet wasn't even good enough to start for most of the year. Combine that with his past in Washington, the chance of other teams biting is unlikely, even with his solid play in the playoffs.

3) Phil is a manager, not a coach.

I disagreee. Phil won 9 championships. You have to do more than manage talent to win 9 championships.

4) Phil is being payed $10 million to win 45 games. He's overpaid.

Phil is NOT being paid $10 million to win 45 games. He's being paid $10 million to teach players the triangle and start preparing them to be a championship team. Even Phil himself said that he may have cost his team about 5 games by making sure the team learned from their mistakes while running the system. Phil even set the team goal for 46 wins this season. They fell short by one game. The way this team played in the triangle in the first 4 games against Phoenix versus how they were playing it earlier in the season is like night and day.

Phil is definitely doing the job.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Nelo Ice on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:41 pm

Kob3eight wrote::man10: Its weird listening to you guys.
Nelo Ice

Postby lilkhmerkid4u on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:41 pm

GuRu wrote:Secondly, congratulations to bhatta's sister who did the voice over. (j/k) :man1:

:man10:
lilkhmerkid4u

Postby Yannis on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:51 pm

The forum part wasn't bad, but the beginning kept me shaking my head in disbelief the entire time. Did you not watch the games? Mihm gets himself in foul trouble all the time, it wasn't until late in the season, just before his injury that he split time with Kwame at center. Kwame is a very good low post defender, one of the best in the league, something Mihm will never be. Mainly because he keeps himself in foul trouble because he doesn't conceed being boxed out and plays with his hands down low, where as Kwame plays with his body and doesn't jump for pump fakes. The reasons behind your argument were just so flawed, I couldn't take it.

The Phil Jackson stuff wasn't much better. First of all, the breakdown was ridiculous. Kobe won us games single handedly? Whose offense was he playing in, whose playing defense on the other end of the court, whose defensive schemes is the team using. The toronto game aside, many things factor into whats going on in the game that Kobe's not involved with. You're not a new fan to the game, you should know this.

As far as the forum part goes, that was done well. You did a good job as the host and keeping things going, some people seemed nervous, lots of ums, but other than that I was impressed. Sky and J obviously know their stuff.

Podcast has good potential, and will definetly get good amounts of listeners as Laker fans follow the team passionately during the off season too. Looking forward to the next one.
Check out my work at Hoopsworld.com and listen to me from 3-5:30 CST at ESPN1230.com
Yannis

Postby Little_Duck on Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:08 pm

Although the this isn't the purpose, it could do with some humor thrown in there.
Little_Duck

Postby lilkhmerkid4u on Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:15 pm

Can i join?

I promise. I sound exactly like Stephen A. I seroiusly get that comment all the time. I guess b/c i 'm loud and has that kind of voice. I won't sound nervous and stuff
lilkhmerkid4u

Postby JamrockLakaFan on Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:47 pm

no dis but my fren jsut came in while im listening to the beginning and he like "which girl that u a listen to" :lol

Now seriously its kewl waht yall doing time and all i only jsut started so ima get back jsut kinda saving this space

Welcome to JamRock
Camp Weh Di Thugs Dem Camp at
2 Pound A Weed Inna Van Back :smoker: :smoker: :smoker:

1 Good Thing About Music When It Hits U Feel no Pain
JamrockLakaFan

Postby Kob3eight on Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:52 pm

Instead of just the music playing during the breaks. Why not play the music in the background and do some advertisements. For example:

Bhatta: We’ll be right back after this break.

Music plays in the foreground for a few seconds and fades a little to the background. While the music is still playing in the background you’ll have a small advertisement on what’s happening on Clublakers.com When the advertisement is over the music will slowly fade back into the foreground.

-Maybe advertise on any contests available to members.
-Any members who wants to advertise their company, personal/world news beneficial to members, and etc can also be done during the break.
-Small update on what’s going on with the GM challenge.
-A topic in Lakers Discussion worth checking out/discussing. Have members post their opinions and you’ll be discussing it on the next feed.
-Any upcoming events or dates concerning the Lakers in the future. The draft for example. You can advertise the draft is on the 28th at a certain time on a certain channel, just to remind everyone.
-Maybe a member owns a company and he/she is looking to hire someone. They can ask you guys to advertise for them regarding the position.

Have a little advertisement on each break rather than just play music. It will make things seem more real and everyone can be involved in one way or another. There are many ways to go with this. Its up to you guys.
Song Currently Playing
Kob3eight
Resident Monkey

Postby High IQ on Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:11 pm

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
High IQ

Postby jbiggs on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:40 pm

i cant find it on itunes!!!
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Escondido

Postby Snake Eyes on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:49 pm

Overall impression was that it is great. I highly disagree with the beginning statements about Mihm and Kwame, and with Phil Jackson too, but that is okay. I like that you have a different opinion. I really liked the stuff later on and especially the wrap up. I don't know why but the stuff with JSM, HZM, LD2k, Sky, and Nugget was really cool too. Really good job for the first time. But I do have a couple audio concerns. I hope in a way it isn't on my end because that means my laptop is screwed up, but there were several times where the audio either got worped or just didn't sound right. Sometimes it sounded like if my speakers were starting to blow, which isn't the case because I put on some music where it wouldn't be able to take if they were starting to blow and it was clear as a bell. Also I heard a beeping noise in the background. It sounded like someone was on AIM or Yahoo messenger or something like that and there were some crazy fast paced discussions going on. Also, I think over time you should bring regular members on the show. I think it could keep the community of members excited because they could go on the show. I know you guys have the room for a 2 minute taping and the best would win but I am guessing that would just turn into a rant which might not be good. Those were all the comments that came to my mind..... just one last question...

WHEN IS THE NEXT ONE!? (I can't wait!)
Snake Eyes

Postby BDG on Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:41 pm

jbiggs wrote:i cant find it on itunes!!!
Subscribe to the CL Feed on iTunes then go to your own Podcasts and click Update (top right).
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The CL Feed