The CL Feed

The CL Feed

Postby The Nugget on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:00 am

For awhile now, us mods have talked about having a Clublakers Podcast. Since, their isn't one out there targeted to Laker Nation. Anywho, we've had problems on what the format should be for this podcast. I mean, we have some sort of idea on how we want to pull this off but we'd love to hear from our Clublaker members.

Here's a few questions I have comed up with so far. . .

1. What would you like to hear?

2. How long should it be?

3. Should we release a new podcast every week? Every two weeks? Monthly?

4. Do you want us talking the whole time?

5. Would you like to hear us banter on-and-on?

6. Would you like to hear Lakers News and/or Rumors?

7. Would you like to hear our opinions on the most popular threads in Lakers Discussion?

8. Talk about other teams besides the Lakers?

9. What members/moderators would you like to hear from?

10. What would you want to name this podcast?

This is all I have for now... I'll most likely post more questions later since it's pretty late right now. But, feel free to add-on if you have any other questions or comments for us. We really want this to be interactive with the members.

Don't know what a podcast is? Click the link for information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcasting

Thanks.
Last edited by The Nugget on Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
The Nugget

Postby Frank The Tank on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:13 am

This is a great idea. If somthing like this was to be done I would only be interested in hearing what members like sky, emplay (or someone else in the know) had to say. No offense to any regular members or Mods.
Frank The Tank

Postby DMK on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:56 am

I think it's a great idea.

Should add even more to this great site. Would also be good to have special Guests on the show as well :jam2:

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby The Nugget on Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:13 pm

C'mon, guys! Anyone???
The Nugget

Postby Podium on Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:49 pm

I think basically adressing the big news between the time of podcasts, discussions about games, rumors, news developments.

Maybe a spotlight on a certain player's play each podcast.

However long you guys can make it I guess.

I think maybe every week or 2 if possible. During the season, one every week would be great so that games could be discussed and what not.

Yeah.

As long as we're getting good information and discussion.

Yes please.

7. Would you like to hear our opinions on the most popular threads in Lakers Discussion?

Ehh.. I don't know about this. I think that if its a news thread sure, but other than that I don't see why. There may be one or two exceptions though.

I think this would actually be a nice segment.

Doesn't really matter, I know alot of posters would be happy if Sky and Emplay would feed them some info each week though. But, no real preference.

The podcast to end all podcasts. :mhihi:

I don't know how possible this will be, but interviews (players, media personalities, etc.) would be great.
Last edited by Podium on Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Podium
Clublakers Analyst

Re: Club Lakers' Podcast Survey

Postby Moises on Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:50 pm

The Nugget wrote:1. What would you like to hear?

Lakers stuff. Opinions slamming Odom. Saying Vujasuck has no upper-body strength. Stiffadenko and Snickers jokes, etc.

1 hour

Every week

Yeah.

Yeah, only if you guys are like each others throats.

Yeah.

As long as the thread don't suck. Examples of the suck: LeBronze vs. Kobe or Wade vs. Kobe threads, and Should of kept Shack and Kobe threads. Way to live in the 100 years ago! PITIFUL!

HELLS NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Get everyone all on the air. :mhihi:

Purple and Gold Hour.
Moises

Postby 10scott10 on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:45 pm

1. a report on the state of the lakers possible trades, injuries, etc
2. 15 minutes but longer when important news
3. everyother week plus when there is important news (ie major trade, kobe scoring 100 points)
4. if you can have clips from games or just from interveiws
5. sometimes if it is a good topic
6. definitly news and rumors. but give a rumor disclaimer for people
7. that would be great. discuss popular threads or quality threads
8. if it is major news. you should mention and discuss trades that other teams make
9. i think the different mods should do a couple shows and people will vote on the best couple of hosts
10. "this game is in the refrigerator" might be a good name or just "lakers chat"
10scott10

Postby Tai Mai Shu on Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:16 pm

if you can get emplay to chime in every now and then, it'd be great.
Tai Mai Shu

Re: Club Lakers' Podcast Survey

Postby unpossibl1 on Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:21 pm

The Nugget wrote:For awhile now, us mods have talked about having a Clublakers Podcast. Since, their isn't one out there targeted to Laker Nation. Anywho, we've had problems on what the format should be for this podcast. I mean, we have some sort of idea on how we want to pull this off but we'd love to hear from our Clublaker members.

Here's a few questions I have comed up with so far. . .

News, rumors, interviews, comedy, etc

I would think that 20-30 min would be plenty, although it really depends on how much material is out there, whether you have an interview or not, that sort of thing.

Every week would be amazing, but also very difficult to do. I would think that bi-weekly would be the way to go to ensure quality.

No, I would break it up with interviews and sound clips

See above...debates can be great, but you have to break it up too to keep things interesting

Yes, definetely...I think News/Rumors should be the focal point of the show

I think you would end up discussing the popular thread topics while covering News/Rumors

Sure, but the focal point should obviously be the Lakers

emplay, jsm, Guru, Sky, Da Veintecuatro (Caron 1), etc.

The Lakers Lounge

This is all I have for now... I'll most likely post more questions later since it's pretty late right now. But, feel free to add-on if you have any other questions or comments for us. We really want this to be interactive with the members.

Don't know what a podcast is? Click the link for information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcasting

Thanks.
unpossibl1

Postby bhatta on Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:54 pm

Thanks to those of you who have taken the time to help out with the survey.

So this and the GM Challenge were my two projects for the summer here at CL and now that the first is out of the way, I'm trying to spearhead this part, which is a LOT harder. We already have a name for this podcast, but what you have to understand is this is FOR YOU - a service that you will be able to interact with and hopefully gain a lot out of.

I've been working really hard in getting the logistics for this thing down and I'm ready to roll with it.

Thanks so much to Nuggs to help out as much as he has. All of the staff is really working hard behind the scenes to best serve you.

This podcast will start soon - about a week before the draft - and WILL be your definitive source for all things Lakers throughout the summer. I know I will be at Summer League and will be able to bring you guys some interviews and rumors throughout the summer.

With me working at Basketball News Services and getting a lot of player contact through there, I am confident that The CL Feed will be all you need in your iPods to catch up on the Lakers. I'd like to do one every two weeks, but we'll see how this catches on.

For the first podcast, you all have an oppurtunity to contribute. There will be a segment where I will directly answer some of your questions and for questions that beg for more discussion, we'll open it up in another segment, a forum of our moderators and staff members. So feel free to email your questions to TheCLFeed@aol.com, and I'll do my best to get it on the air for ya.

Thanks for your participation and let's all hope this goes well! Send all your questions to that email address - please, no PMs for now. Once Monday rolls through, I'll have FA negotiations filling my box!!
bhatta
Clublakers Lead Analyst

Re: The CL Feed

Postby trodgers on Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:50 am

Not a bunch of high school kids giggling through the podcast. I'd love to hear intelligent takes that haven't been beaten to death on the message board. I recommend having a skilled writer, like myself, work up some material. I wouldn't mind hearing debates about possible moves, again, provided it's new material.

2. How long should it be? Thirty minutes seems enough to get the fix without making it totally pointless.

3. Should we release a new podcast every week? Every two weeks? Monthly? Every week or every two weeks sounds good.

4. Do you want us talking the whole time? What else would there be? I don't want to hear music or anything if I'm tuning in for Lakers news. Maybe during the season, an announcer calling a play (if you can get that legally).

5. Would you like to hear us banter on-and-on? No. Keep the interspeaker banter to a minimum. I don't really care about it unless you've got a great personality. I think a groove would emerge over time, but in the beginning, keep it workman.

6. Would you like to hear Lakers News and/or Rumors? Definitely. Provided they're not beaten to death on the board already.

7. Would you like to hear our opinions on the most popular threads in Lakers Discussion? Sure. Provided it's very brief.

8. Talk about other teams besides the Lakers? Not unless it's a team we smoked or are about to smoke in the upcoming days. Gameday matchups might be interesting when available.

9. What members/moderators would you like to hear from? Ummm...Sky?

Good question.

twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:05 am

This is an awesome idea and a good way to promote CL. :jam2:

Updates on Laker news, rumors, debates between members on moves. Some k0pr0phage said, this would only work if it was done professionally and if any Laker fan could download it without knowing any inside jokes or anything ridiculous that goes on at CL.

30 min - 1 hr

Every 2 weeks sounds good. I doubt there will be enough material to keep it fresh every week of the summer.

If someone can capture player interviews on the radio and replay them on the podcast, that would be cool. Music might be weird since not every Laker fan likes the same stuff.

As long as its kept relevant, yes. For the most part the mainstream media has absolutely no clue about specific teams analysis. ESPN, CBSSportsline, etc analysis is completely useless. Laker fans talking to Laker fans has some real potential, as long as its kept insightful.

Yes.

That might be amusing, it depends.

Maybe in one segment, but not that much of it.

Id appear once in a while if you want :man12: . Get Sky on there, emplay, or maybe if someone wins the Post of the Week contest, have them on to do a segment or interview. There are also a lot of really smart posters on here that you could make a spotlight segment on ie GuRu, Podium, JSM, Iceberg Slim, Satan, many others. Id like to hear these posters insight off the board, that would be a cool feature.

CLCast?

Also - a member vs host or member vs member debate segment would also be pretty cool.

Good luck and definitely a great idea!
OJ MAYO - NORTH COLLEGE HILL TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
These are the numbers which matter to me: 1928 1931 1932 1939 1962 1967 1972 1974 1978 2003 2004 and 20,32,12,33,3,11,5. FIGHT ON!!!
Da Veinticuatro

Postby trodgers on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:09 pm

CLCast is awesome.

And I don't remember if I mentioned the debate thing, but I think it's a great idea.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby GuRu on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:15 pm

I prefer GuRu-Cast :man1:
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby JSM on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:33 pm

Guys yall got the name of the cast all wrong. Guru-Cast...CLCast....pfffff

It will be called the...

Go to Hell Gump Cast
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Nelo Ice on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:37 pm

JSM wrote:Guys yall got the name of the cast all wrong. Guru-Cast...CLCast....pfffff

It will be called the...

Go to Hell Gump Cast

:man10: so jsm ur part in the podcast will be about gump i assume? :mhihi: :man10:
Nelo Ice

Postby Podium on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:38 pm

I have a request for the first interview. JSM should interview Gump at his re-signing press conference. :man10:
Podium
Clublakers Analyst

Postby The Nugget on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:39 pm

:man10: Thanks for all the name idea, guys. But, were stickin' to the CL Feed. hZm and I currently working on some album art to stick on your iPod. Also, to advertise the podcast.
The Nugget

Postby Nelo Ice on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:40 pm

The Podium wrote:I have a request for the first interview. JSM should interview Gump at his re-signing press conference. :man10:

:jam2: :man10:
Nelo Ice

Postby The Nugget on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:46 pm

Awww, another question I would like to ask you.

11. Do you have iTunes installed?
The Nugget

Postby revgen on Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:18 pm

1) Lakers stuff only.

2) Half-Hour should be fine. Unless you really have a lot to talk about.

3) Whenever you feel like it. We aren't paying you guys are we?

4) No. I'd rather hear you guys discussing topics and giving unique opinions. Talking is what my sister does on the phone.

5) I don't care about you guys having intense disscusions as long as your not interrupting each other all the time and your not repeating yourself over and over. I don't want to hear anything resembling talk radio.

6) Only report news if you have an exclusive story or you're going to discuss the news afterwards. We can read plenty of Laker news from other sources. Rumors are fine as long as you guys don't argue about whether they could be true or not. Everybody knows rumors are rumors. Just discuss what the effect would be if they were true.

7) Sure, that'll be fine. It should make an interesting discussion.

8) Only talk about other teams if they have some direct involvment with the Lakers. Like if we are playing the other teams or if we're trading with them.

9) Sky, magicmoment(gossip column :mhihi: ), crucifido, emplay, BDG, L2DK, SWOL(always says something ridiculous), and finally...

I'd like to hear a PTI type of segment with Chris Brown and Travis Rodgers. :mhihi: (inside joke)

10) Show Title: Purple and Gold

Show Slogan: Laker talk straight from the fans.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby D Nice on Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:43 pm

I think it'd be a really cool idea. It'd be nice to have guests once in a while, like Joker to discuss rookies/draft pics, Sky to talk whatever, or even Emplay if he could find the time. It would be a great way to promote the site, good thinkin' :jam2:
D Nice

Postby trodgers on Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:45 pm

revgen wrote:I'd like to hear a PTI type of segment with Chris Brown and Travis Rodgers. :mhihi: (inside joke)

I laughed out loud at that.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:19 pm

Is someone on here registered as Travis Rodgers? Wow.
OJ MAYO - NORTH COLLEGE HILL TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
These are the numbers which matter to me: 1928 1931 1932 1939 1962 1967 1972 1974 1978 2003 2004 and 20,32,12,33,3,11,5. FIGHT ON!!!
Da Veinticuatro

Postby trodgers on Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:01 pm

Da Veinticuatro wrote:Is someone on here registered as Travis Rodgers? Wow.
Do you know a Travis Rodgers?
trodgers
Site Manager

Next

Return to The CL Feed