Andrew Bynum Appreciation Thread

Re: Andrew Bynum Appreciation Thread

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:01 pm

bfc1125roy wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:
bfc1125roy wrote:Dude's already on crack. He thought he was the primary option against the Nuggets and he got triple teamed? He got dominated by Javale McGee :bang:

Well, if you have a capable team around him that triple team WOULD HAVE burned the nuggets. But this is an appreciation thread, haters still hating.

I'm not a hater. Bynum is the second best center in the NBA. But he will never be a primary option on a championship contender and definitely wasn't the primary option against the Nuggets last season.

Just because I don't say he's the second coming of Jesus doesn't mean I'm hating... If you want to get into an objective debate about Bynum let's go.

I never said he was the second coming of jesus either. but to say he got dominated by javale mcgee is just ignorant.

of course he wasn't the primary option, kobe will always be. but, he was a focal point in the offense in which was ill-equipped to his game.

i'd love to debate about bynum, but i'd rather not get into a debate about something you have done little research on.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:01 pm

Arash Markazi: The crowd goes crazy when Bynum is asked about signing an extension and he said, "I'm really leaning towards making this my home."

looked pretty excited in the press conference. wish him all the best and hope he likes being the #1 option; hope he shows up everyday for that team
Last edited by Ariza3 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariza3

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:02 pm

bfc1125roy wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:
bfc1125roy wrote:Dude's already on crack. He thought he was the primary option against the Nuggets and he got triple teamed? He got dominated by Javale McGee :bang:

Well, if you have a capable team around him that triple team WOULD HAVE burned the nuggets. But this is an appreciation thread, haters still hating.

I'm not a hater. Bynum is the second best center in the NBA. But he will never be a primary option on a championship contender and definitely wasn't the primary option against the Nuggets last season.

Just because I don't say he's the second coming of Jesus doesn't mean I'm hating... If you want to get into an objective debate about Bynum let's go.

Ok Nostradamus. McGee had a couple of good games so what? He's a good player. He's no scrub. He's no Kwame Brown.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby bfc1125roy on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:05 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
bfc1125roy wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:

Ok Nostradamus. McGee had a couple of good games so what? He's a good player. He's no scrub. He's no Kwame Brown.

Great, still doesn't mean Bynum was the first option.
bfc1125roy

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:16 pm

weird seeing him in those colors
Ariza3

Postby The Rock on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Philly is tied for 7th in the League for fastbreak points, they will run if they get a chance. Will be interesting how Andrew handles it when 3 point shooters go cold. Guys like J-Rich, Dorrell, Nick Young are extremely streaky. If they have a hint of an open look no matter how early in the shot clock it is, they'll jack it up. They've always played in an up and down system. I think Holliday, Turner, Bynum will fit well in halfcourt but its up to Bynum and how he handles the adversity of being doubled and tripled every time down the floor even without the ball sometimes

This team has talent but they're such a contrast of each other. You got Bynum and Hawes, the big frontcourt up front but they're slow and not very mobile then you got a mini-Nuggets Roadrunner team out in the perimeter with Holliday, Turner, J-Rich, Nick Young, Dorrell Wright. Something's gotta give

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:44 pm

The Rock wrote:Philly is tied for 7th in the League for fastbreak points, they will run if they get a chance. Will be interesting how Andrew handles it when 3 point shooters go cold. Guys like J-Rich, Dorrell, Nick Young are extremely streaky. If they have a hint of an open look no matter how early in the shot clock it is, they'll jack it up. They've always played in an up and down system. I think Holliday, Turner, Bynum will fit well in halfcourt but its up to Bynum and how he handles the adversity of being doubled and tripled every time down the floor even without the ball sometimes

This team has talent but they're such a contrast of each other. You got Bynum and Hawes, the big frontcourt up front but they're slow and not very mobile then you got a mini-Nuggets Roadrunner team out in the perimeter with Holliday, Turner, J-Rich, Nick Young, Dorrell Wright. Something's gotta give

Maybe being the first option will give him the incentive to start rebounding and defending for the Sixers. It'll be hard to find a player that can outrebound Andrew. Outlet to that quick team and they're off to the races.

Having streaky shooters is much better than having no shooters, and the more touches he gets with the team, the more he'll be able to know where his shooters and cutters are.

It'll be a learning experience for him.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:47 pm

Seems like poopface was happier in that press conference than he ever was as a Laker
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:48 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Seems like poopface was happier in that press conference than he ever was as a Laker

Poopface that's the best nickname you got? :man10:

Pretty childish.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:48 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Seems like poopface was happier in that press conference than he ever was as a Laker

He's got 2 rings under his belt, about to get a MAX contract no matter what he ends up doing, the opportunity to lead his own team instead of playing in the shadow of another, and he's playing closer to home.

Wouldn't you?
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby The Rock on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:52 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:
The Rock wrote:Philly is tied for 7th in the League for fastbreak points, they will run if they get a chance. Will be interesting how Andrew handles it when 3 point shooters go cold. Guys like J-Rich, Dorrell, Nick Young are extremely streaky. If they have a hint of an open look no matter how early in the shot clock it is, they'll jack it up. They've always played in an up and down system. I think Holliday, Turner, Bynum will fit well in halfcourt but its up to Bynum and how he handles the adversity of being doubled and tripled every time down the floor even without the ball sometimes

Maybe being the first option will give him the incentive to start rebounding and defending for the Sixers. It'll be hard to find a player that can outrebound Andrew. Outlet to that quick team and they're off to the races.

Having streaky shooters is much better than having no shooters, and the more touches he gets with the team, the more he'll be able to know where his shooters and cutters are.

It'll be a learning experience for him.

That is definitely true. Will be a learning experience.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Ariza3

Postby Weezy on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:53 pm

I've never seen him more excited, more expressive, than I did in that press conference, I genuinely didn't know he could be that expressive. Every interview he ever gave in LA was stone-faced and super short answers, maybe he really wasn't happy here. That said I wish him nothing but good things, continued good health, a long career and much success, I really did like Drew while he was here.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Alcindor on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:56 pm

He'll get a place in South Jersey, maybe 30-40 mins from Philly that way he'll be 20-30 mins from where he grew up, his old stomping grounds.
Alcindor

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:00 pm

Alcindor wrote:He'll get a place in South Jersey, maybe 30-40 mins from Philly that way he'll be 20-30 mins from where he grew up, his old stomping grounds.

:man10: @ your sig.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Weezy wrote:I've never seen him more excited, more expressive, than I did in that press conference, I genuinely didn't know he could be that expressive. Every interview he ever gave in LA was stone-faced and super short answers, maybe he really wasn't happy here. That said I wish him nothing but good things, continued good health, a long career and much success, I really did like Drew while he was here.

I think it's more that he's excited to be near his home and get a chance to lead a team by himself.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

Poopface that's the best nickname you got? :man10:

Pretty childish.

Do I look like a shining example of maturity? Look at my username and avi for god's sake :man10:
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby BigDan24 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:12 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
Alcindor wrote:He'll get a place in South Jersey, maybe 30-40 mins from Philly that way he'll be 20-30 mins from where he grew up, his old stomping grounds.

:man10: @ your sig.

Haha that sig is hilarious. :man10:
BigDan24

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:12 pm

drew looks excited to be the man on "his" team
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Center Court on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:19 pm

My level of appreciation for him is minimal... which was level of appreciation to be a Laker. Not sure he's capable of carrying a team, but here's the chance. I'm curious how he does but understand why he is so excited.

That said, I hope he does some great things because I think Philly deserves to be on the main stage of basketball and Doug Collins is one of my fav basketball people.
Center Court

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:29 pm

LOL. That guy in your sig is a Kings fan from RealGM IIRC...HILARIOUS! :man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby dj vitus on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:41 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:

:man10:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby dj vitus on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Wow, Andrew looks pretty good with Sixer logos around him. I thought it would be strange seeing him in another uniform, but I guess not. No knock on him, though. Wish him the best.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby TIME on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:50 pm

Please confine your comments in this thread to appreciation for Andrew's time with the Lakers.

If you don't have anything appreciative to post then these threads await your comments vvvv

There is a huge Bynum Discussion thread in NBA discussion for general talk about him. Also there is still an open Dwight vs. Andrew debate thread.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:53 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:

he was already mad after the Nash trade, think he completly stop posting on the general board after the howard trade along with some homer Celtic fan who was adamant that we would have to include Pau as well to get Howard :man10:
khmrP

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard