Andrew Bynum Appreciation Thread

Re: Andrew Bynum Appreciation Thread

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:01 pm

revgen wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:I'm still astonished that the Magic didn't want Drew. That was the best trade available by a mile. Swapping out the second best center (arguably the best) for the general consensus best center wouldn't have been much of a drop off at all. They should have kept Ryan Anderson as the stretch 4, too. The slash and burn re-tooling would drive me insane if I were one of their fans.

To be honest, I doubt Bynum would have stayed.

Philly has a much better supporting cast around Drew than Orlando does, which is part of the reason they gambled on taking him without even speaking to his agent.

What astonishes me more is why Houston was left out in the cold. IMO what the Lakers, Denver, and Philly gave Orlando pales in comparison to what Houston could have offered. Even if Houston was scared to get Dwight, why not settle for Drew?

I also thought Houston would basically go all in for Bynum as well.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
revgen wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:I'm still astonished that the Magic didn't want Drew. That was the best trade available by a mile. Swapping out the second best center (arguably the best) for the general consensus best center wouldn't have been much of a drop off at all. They should have kept Ryan Anderson as the stretch 4, too. The slash and burn re-tooling would drive me insane if I were one of their fans.

To be honest, I doubt Bynum would have stayed.

Philly has a much better supporting cast around Drew than Orlando does, which is part of the reason they gambled on taking him without even speaking to his agent.

What astonishes me more is why Houston was left out in the cold. IMO what the Lakers, Denver, and Philly gave Orlando pales in comparison to what Houston could have offered. Even if Houston was scared to get Dwight, why not settle for Drew?

I also thought Houston would basically go all in for Bynum as well.

It's important to note that they really needed to nab either Howard or Bynum. They've got all of this young talent built up, but it's no help to them sitting on the bench and all it does is crowd their roster. I can't believe they would make a gamble like they did and not go all in when it mattered most. Really shocking.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Center Court on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Though Bynum has enormous potential, I am loving that he is gone. The fact that he stopped working with Kareem because he felt like he learned all he could is absurd. Kobe, LeBron, Melo, Dwight, hell even McGee have all gone out of their ways to work with all time legends.
Center Court

Postby last stand on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:53 pm

lakerswiz wrote:I'm surprised at how Philly is showing THIS much love for Bynum.

They haven't had a star since iverson, and haven't had a good big man since Mutombo

Iguodala was just disappointment because they thought he was a superstar in the making
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby TIME on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:59 am

This thread has pretty much run its course. If you have any remaining unexpressed Andrew appreciation the big Bynum Discussion thread is still open in NBA Discussion.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to The Graveyard