Andrew Bynum Appreciation Thread

Re: Andrew Bynum Appreciation Thread

Postby Evo4Emperor on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:25 am

good luck drew...it was very up and down with you..but mainly up... im sure he will do well in philly
Evo4Emperor

Postby the_Dude on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:33 am

Hope being closer to his hometown means something to Drew and he can grow into the dominant player he had the potential to be. Thank you for landing us Howard! You are my MVP of the 2012-2013 season.
the_Dude

Postby John3:16 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:37 am

Rings as a Laker Center:

Kareem - 5
Mikan - 5
Shaq - 3
Bynum - 2
Wilt - 1
Howard - ???

I know he'll never be in the Mount Rushmore of Laker Centers, but Bynum's the only one we drafted and developed and he was an integral part of 2 rings. I appreciated his time in LA. Just wish he had remained healthier.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby air_bryant08 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:02 am

Though he still has a lot of growing up to do, he has been a great piece to the amazing run we had. It was sad that he was plagued with injuries, but it was really nice to see him get better during the time he was recovering. As many have said, we have seen Drew develop into the player he is today. Arguably one of the best big men in the league today. I'm sure he will do well in Philly, he has a ton of young players around him and he has a great coach in Collins. Now is the time for Drew to step up into the next level of his young career and lead that Philly team. Thank you Drew for helping contribute to this Laker organization. Good luck in Philly.
"This game is in the refrigerator. The door's closed, the lights are out, the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard, and the JELLO'S JIGGLIN'!" -Chick Hearn
air_bryant08

Postby ThizGuy83 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:04 am

the play that made me like bynum, once trade goes thru and hes off to philly... wish him the best and hope he continues to dominate...but not against the lakers! :man1:

Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby purp n gold on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:09 am

Heat have no answer for Jrue or Bynum. UPSET!!!
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby John3:16 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:10 am

brandonr2001 wrote:the play that made me like bynum, once trade goes thru and hes off to philly... wish him the best and hope he continues to dominate...but not against the lakers! :man1:

You know, that is probably in my top 10 all time favorite Laker moments. It went from :bang: to :bow: in about 5 seconds.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby bumrusherer on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:15 am

He will finally get what he wants. A team where he will be the main man from the beginning and I for one hope he reaches his full potential.

When we first got him, I think too many of us were needlessly harsh on his development. Showing a lack of patience in him. But I think we can give him credit for the 2008 year with his development keeping Kobe on board when he was sulking a little bit that year.

Good luck to the big fella....Cant wait to see him battle with D12
bumrusherer

Postby lakersStan24 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:28 am

Andrew Bynum Lakers 2005-2012, Thanks for the Memories we'll NEVER forget You, Good Look with Your New Team
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:31 am

:jam2: I hope he helps give the Heat and the others teams out east much needed competition. Go Andrew I hope he's a beast
Jazzygirl205

Postby Scnottaken on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:36 am

I hope he tears those other teams apart. He'll show he's truly one of the top 2 centers in the league. I really do hope having to lead a team humbles him, as well as teaches him what his teammates had to deal with in him XD
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby BDG on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:42 am

Thank you Drew. :bow:

The best Lakers game I ever attended in person was his career high against the Clippers ... will never forget that.

This guy was a true warrior even though he kept getting injured.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby KB24 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:44 am

therealdeal wrote:Now that things are quieting down for the night I want to go ahead and thank Bynum again. The dude really sucked it up for us and played tough down the stretch of our 2010 run. He was huge for us then and even though he and Gasol didn't quite work out the way we hoped, he was a legitimate 2nd option here.

He played great for us last season and I think like others have said, he has the ability to be better than Howard. He has the ability to be the best Center in the league. Just not here and just not right now.

I'm confident that Bynum will be a great addition in Philadelphia. The coaching there will be much stricter and give him more boundaries which I think will be good for him. I'll be rooting for him for sure and I hope he comes back and has big games against LA and against the Heat.

Good luck, Drew.

I agree. Mostly I have to admire him to play without complaining even though he was on the block his entire career. I think he has more talent than Howard. But Howard really brings the durability and the P&R defense that Bynum struggles with heavily.

With Nash playing no defense we absolutely need a good cover behind him. Also with Nash playing more of a run and gun style I really think Dwight's ability to run the floor is a big deal too.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:02 am

i wish him nothing but the best
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby gill on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:15 am

From ESPN:

Thanks for the memories Drew. It was awesome watching you grow up, from your "At least I can make FT's" remark on draft day regarding filling in Shaq's shoes in '05, and of course who can forget this in '06:

to an All-Star in '2012. We wish you the best and expect you to bring it in Philly.
gill

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:30 am

He did show some heart during the 2010 playoffs run ... could have been worse for him than ended up in Phily both team and city wise .. he got his team now and hopefully he will be up to the challenge

I appreciate his " no filter interviews " .... will be interesting to hear his reaction to the trade and see if he opens up later on Lakers/ex teammates...

He was part of two titles and net us Dwight AND Pau with his unfortunate injury in 08

Wish him the best
wcsoldier81

Postby nameant on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:53 am

I'll miss Drew. It was great seeing him grow up on the Lakers into an all-star. He still has a bright future.
nameant

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:56 am

still cant believe hes only 24 years old
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby denimPortugal on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:02 am

nameant wrote:I'll miss Drew. It was great seeing him grow up on the Lakers into an all-star. He still has a bright future.

:man6:

Good luck Drew!
denimPortugal

Postby 432J on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:20 am

i will never forget that game against the heat in '06 where he got into it with shaq, that was the first time i thought to myself "hey this kid is gonna be something." it was truly great to watch him mature into one of the league's best centers and see him win 2 rings during his tenure in LA

best of luck in philly drew! except when you play the lakers!
:jam2:
432J

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:22 am

That dunk on Shaq still gives me goosebumps til' this day. He's only 24, his best years are still ahead of him. Playing in the Easy...errr. Eastern Conference he should dominate and I hope he does.

I'm expecting BeastMode all next season from him.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby LakerFan1980 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:45 am

Best of luck Bynum. Now you can get all the shots you want. I expect you to get at least 21pts/12 rbs per game. At least!
WE PAY CASH FOR HOUSES
424-216-8525
LakerFan1980

Postby karacha on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:53 am

He was great for our team and I wish him all the best. He'll have a great opportunity in Philly to lead the team and play with the promising young players. They have a great core and will be a playoff team in the East every year. In addition, he will start the All-star game every year IMO if he's healthy. If he had to be traded, this is the ideal situation for Drew. :jam2:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Original 81 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:56 am

karacha, I think that picture of Mitch in your sig as well as the quote belong on the site banner above. :man10:
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby lakers_09tv on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:00 am

Thanks for helping us get Dwight. :jam2:
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard