Andrew Bynum > Tim Duncan

Re: Andrew Bynum > Tim Duncan

Postby tttppp on Tue May 01, 2012 4:59 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
tttppp wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:
Again you try to respond to facts/info with opinion only. Please stop. :freak2:

Stats don't tell the whole story. Please list the championship team the Spurs could have beaten.

They tell most of it. They've won 4 chips in the last 13 years. Almost as many as us.

They've already won man. If you want to make that argument, you have to SHOW us why you think the leagues sucked those particular years, and why all our championships count but theirs dont.

Lets see some creativity! Right now you sound like nothing but hate and excuses.

The Spurs never one two championships in a row. You can't compare them to teams like the Shaq/Kobe Lakers, the Kobe/Gasol Lakers, Bulls, or even the Rockets. Teams that repeat as champions tend to face a lot more adversity than someone who just lucked into one.

I never said the Spurs championships don't count. But you can't compare them to a Lakers team that won 3 in a row, and did so without playing their best all the time. The 3rd championship the Lakers got, they were really struggling, but still found a way to win again. The only time the Spurs win is when everything is clicking for them, and they get some luck with not having to face someone great.
tttppp

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue May 01, 2012 5:02 pm

^^^ They didnt "Luck into one".

They won 4 chips in a decade.

Dude, we're BEGGING you to come up with something to support what your saying and you just keep spraying the board with more nonsense.

Show us something. ANYTHING!!! :bang:
phoenixrisingla

Postby tttppp on Tue May 01, 2012 5:03 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
tttppp wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:
Again you try to respond to facts/info with opinion only. Please stop. :freak2:

Stats don't tell the whole story. Please list the championship team the Spurs could have beaten.

I got a better idea, how about you back up your claims before you ask others to do the same. You're like Glenn Beck. You believe in A and oppose those who believe in B, but because neither A nor B can be proven conclusively you maintain that A is definitively correct. Ridiculous.

I'm nothing like Glen Beck. He spends hours boring people to death on some stupid topic that he apparently care deeply about, then a few weeks later he'll completely contradict himself saying the exact opposite.
tttppp

Postby tttppp on Tue May 01, 2012 5:04 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:^^^ They didnt "Luck into one".

They won 4 chips in a decade.

Dude, we're BEGGING you to come up with something to support what your saying and you just keep spraying the board with more nonsense.

Show us something. ANYTHING!!! :bang:

How many times have they defended their championship?
tttppp

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue May 01, 2012 5:09 pm

tttppp wrote:

OK, at least thats something! lol

They didn't, but that doesn't erase the ones they did win.
It doesn't mean the league "sucked" those years.
It doesn't mean Duncan was "never" dominant.

It doesn't really mean anything. Do you know how spoiled we are to have back-to-backs and even threepeats. Do you realize how few times that been done in league history (after the 60's that is)?

Check it. http://www.nba.com/history/finals/champions.html. If it wasnt for Shaq/Kobe and Jordan/Pippen it would be almost unheard of.

If you're going to try to hate irrationally, you should really save it for the guys in green.
Last edited by phoenixrisingla on Tue May 01, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phoenixrisingla

Postby tttppp on Tue May 01, 2012 5:13 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
tttppp wrote:

OK, at least thats something! lol

They didn't, but that doesn't erase the ones they did win.
It doesn't mean the league "sucked" those years.
It doesn't mean Duncan was "never" dominant.

It doesn't really mean anything. Do you know how spoiled we are to have back-to-backs and even threepeats. Do you realize how few times that been done in league history (after the 60's that is)?

Check it. http://www.nba.com/history/finals/champions.html

If you're going to try to hate irrationally, you should really save it for the guys in green.

If your going to tell me he's dominant, name some of the great teams they would beat. Would they compete with the Bulls, the 80s Lakers or Celtics, Kobe/Shaq Lakers? Because if they are dominant, they should be able to compete with those teams.

Just to be clear, I don't think the Kobe/Gasol Lakers were dominant even though they did win two in a row and went to 3 finals in a row. I don't base this on any stats, I just watched the games. They didn't dominate people, just like the Spurs didn't.
tttppp

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue May 01, 2012 5:15 pm

^^^ Ugh, ok so we're going to rewind/loop back to you having nothing to back up what you're trying to say?

I'm done. Good day sir. :boxing1:
phoenixrisingla

Postby lakerzkb8 on Tue May 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Homerism/stanning/trolling at it's finest. This is so laughable i don't know where to begin.
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
lakerzkb8

Postby tttppp on Tue May 01, 2012 5:32 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:^^^ Ugh, ok so we're going to rewind/loop back to you having nothing to back up what you're trying to say?

So you're going to say someone is dominant, but you are not willing to state who they could beat?
tttppp

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Tue May 01, 2012 5:37 pm

tttppp wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:^^^ Ugh, ok so we're going to rewind/loop back to you having nothing to back up what you're trying to say?

So you're going to say someone is dominant, but you are not willing to state who they could beat?

P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue May 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Don't feed it guys. Just let it go.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Doberman on Wed May 02, 2012 4:00 pm

Duncan has played weakside defender for most of his career. It was David Robinson that was their defensive anchor to start. And after that, they brought in Rasho to clog the lane and block shots. Spurs defense was best when Duncan was weakside. He's rarely been asked to be THE anchor the way Bynum has that responsibility.
Doberman

Postby gcclaker on Wed May 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Defensively, Duncan had to contend with other capable rivals at his position within the Western conference alone. To name some there were Garnett, Webber, Wallace, Stoudemire, Malone plus Nowitzki and Gasol who were on the rise.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Steve on Wed May 02, 2012 5:42 pm

Dude, you're posting on a Laker messageboard with mostly all Laker fans and we're all telling you you're wrong...and you have us all sticking up for Tim Duncan man, you can't figure out that what you're saying is crazy?
Steve

Postby Doberman on Wed May 02, 2012 5:46 pm

Steve wrote:Dude, you're posting on a Laker messageboard with mostly all Laker fans and we're all telling you you're wrong...and you have us all sticking up for Tim Duncan man, you can't figure out that what you're saying is crazy?

That's what everyone said about my saying Bynum > Howard. I said by the end of the season more people will see I was right, and by next season it would be obvious to everyone. I was right about that. And I'll be right about this too. :man12:
Doberman

Postby 24K GOLD on Wed May 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Doberman wrote:That's what everyone said about my saying Bynum > Howard. I said by the end of the season more people will see I was right, and by next season it would be obvious to everyone. I was right about that. And I'll be right about this too. :man12:

No...you will never be. You just have an irrational man-crush on Drew, that's it.
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby Doberman on Wed May 02, 2012 5:50 pm

24K GOLD wrote:
Doberman wrote:That's what everyone said about my saying Bynum > Howard. I said by the end of the season more people will see I was right, and by next season it would be obvious to everyone. I was right about that. And I'll be right about this too. :man12:

No...you will never be. You just have an irrational man-crush on Drew, that's it.

Whatever. I justified by points and stand by them. So far everything I've said has come true. I'll bump it for your benefit after next season and some crow will be in order. :man1:
Doberman

Postby 24K GOLD on Wed May 02, 2012 5:55 pm

How can you even say that Bynum is > Duncan? The post-Jordan era has been only about two once-in-a-lifetime superstars: Kobe Bryant, and yes, Tim Duncan.

Bynum is very good but you're overrating him by putting him over Duncan. And frankly, you're spoiling it for us.

24K GOLD

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed May 02, 2012 6:08 pm

24K GOLD wrote:How can you even say that Bynum is > Duncan? The post-Jordan era has been only about two once-in-a-lifetime superstars: Kobe Bryant, and yes, Tim Duncan.

Bynum is very good but you're overrating him by putting him over Duncan. And frankly, you're spoiling it for us.

:man10: @ not mentioning Shaq as a once in a lifetime type superstar.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby 24K GOLD on Wed May 02, 2012 6:13 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
24K GOLD wrote:How can you even say that Bynum is > Duncan? The post-Jordan era has been only about two once-in-a-lifetime superstars: Kobe Bryant, and yes, Tim Duncan.

:man10: @ not mentioning Shaq as a once in a lifetime type superstar.

I hate Shaq. Sue me.

24K GOLD

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed May 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Just cuz you hate him doesn't mean you should deny that he was a once in a lifetime type of player.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby 24K GOLD on Wed May 02, 2012 6:29 pm

When did lazy, fat and out-of-shape start becoming qualities of a supposed once in a lifetime superstar?

24K GOLD

Postby Doberman on Wed May 02, 2012 6:32 pm

So you DON'T disagree with me about Bynum vs. Howard? :man1:

As for Bynum/Duncan, I already explained by position with the Kobe/Jordan analogy: I saw Kobe's success as inevitable therefore making the early comparisons justified. Same with Bynum.
Doberman

Postby 24K GOLD on Wed May 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Dwight? He doesn't even know how to post up properly

24K GOLD

Postby Doberman on Wed May 02, 2012 6:33 pm

24K GOLD wrote:Dwight? He doesn't even know how to post up properly

So you agree with me on that then. Thank you. :jam2:
Doberman

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard