Andrew Bynum > Tim Duncan

Re: Andrew Bynum > Tim Duncan

Postby nthydro on Fri May 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:Doberman is right about Robinson and Duncan in terms of who anchored. Saying it was Duncan is like saying Gasol anchors when he and Bynum share the court.

Yes Robinson did "anchor" the defense. He was the better shot blocker and more expendable as far as fouls go. But at that point in their careers Duncan was the superior overall defender. Its not like Duncan couldnt anchor the defense, he was a solid shot blocker himself. Robinson was never a great individual defender. Its kinda like DeAndre Jordan who anchors the Clippers defense. He's a good shot blocker but his man defense is horrible. My point is its irrelevant whether Bynum anchors the defense and Duncan didnt. Saying someone anchors the defense doesnt make them better defensively. Thats his whole argument right? I'm saying Bynum is not better defensively than prime Duncan, who was 13 times all defensive team. Bynum has the edge in shot blocking but overall Duncan is the better defender.

Put it this was way, if we had Serge Ibaka on our team now instead of Gasol, he would be the one anchoring the defense instead of Bynum. But can you honestly say he's a better overall defender than Bynum? Ibaka is a good shotblocker (which is a defensive anchors most valuble asset) but his man defensive is average at best.
Last edited by nthydro on Fri May 04, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nthydro

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Fri May 04, 2012 3:26 pm

Duncan in his prime was far better. No doubt about that. Duncan had what I call "sneaky athleticism". You'd never think he was such an athlete watching him. He's just too fundamental to notice anything else about his game.

Bynum has the potential to be equally as great, though. When Bynum is clicking and firing on all cylinders... he's elite. He's just not always there. He still misses some rotations.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby nthydro on Fri May 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:Duncan in his prime was far better. No doubt about that. Duncan had what I call "sneaky athleticism". You'd never think he was such an athlete watching him. He's just too fundamental to notice anything else about his game.

Bynum has the potential to be equally as great, though. When Bynum is clicking and firing on all cylinders... he's elite. He's just not always there. He still misses some rotations.

I think the biggest issue with Bynum is he sucks at handling double teams. When teams double him hard he gets flustered and just hangs on to the ball for awhile then loses it or forces up a 15 foot fadeaway over two defenders. No way he can be the #1 guy on a championship team until he improves that aspect of his game.
nthydro

Postby TIME on Fri May 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Shall I make a new thread: Javale McGee > Andrew Bynum?
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Fri May 04, 2012 9:03 pm

I dare you.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby dj vitus on Fri May 04, 2012 10:45 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:I dare you.

"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby 24K GOLD on Wed May 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Bump. Hahahaha :man10:
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby TIME on Wed May 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Yeah this thread has pretty much run its course. Bynum is not greater than Duncan. Final word. :tongue1:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to The Graveyard