anyone but PJ or Dunleavy gets my vote

anyone but PJ or Dunleavy gets my vote

Postby lalfan on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:36 am

there's no question in my mind Phil Jackson demanded some kind of personnel control during the negotiation. the missing road games was just a side order, the main course here is the personnel control. it's obvious Mitch and Jim have developed a very good chemistry together from their rough start (not seeing eye to eye on passed on B Shaw, letting go assistant GM, etc), but after a summer of netting us Nash and Howard, i believe both of them had developed mutual respect toward each other, just like the good 'ol doctor had with Jerry West back in the days. it's very possible Mitch and Jim already have a blueprint in place after 2 years when Gasol and Kobe and possibly Nash are out of the book, such as going after LeBron, Durant or CP3? to pair up with Howard. if Phil was given that power, no doubt he would insert his philosophy and fingerprint and may go a different route as he likes to draft or trade for slow, "smart" unathletic "triangle" players. now, that's the front office aspect of the reason why i like they go away from Phil. now to the coaching part, everyone says this team is tailor fit for Phil and the Triangle, says WHO? the two presumably "good" fits are Kobe and Pau, last i checked, Kobe goes away from Triangle more often than not after Shaq left town, Triangle was just a license Kobe uses to play iso whenever he wants. as for Pau, anyone surprised why didn't we hear any Phil endorsement from Pau these couple days? because he dislikes Phil's mind games from his last go-around. Plus, you don't hire a coach like Phil who will hinder the future of this franchise just for the two 35 year old vets. at least with D'Antoni, his system is being universally used nowadays, that requires athletic players and good shooters, both ingredients can be carried over for the years go come, unlike the Triangle only players Phil prefers (what to do with them after PJ goes away in couple years?).
lalfan

Re: anyone but PJ or Dunleavy gets my vote

Postby lotus on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:42 am

Dude, use paragraphs. Come on.
lotus

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:52 am

It's Kobe's fault
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Weezy on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:46 am

There's a 55 page thread this could have gone in.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Return to The Graveyard