Barnes just needs a PG

Barnes just needs a PG

Postby Doberman on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:37 pm

Earlier this season, it was discussed how Barnes went into a major slump when Blake was injured, and then suddenly started playing well when Blake came back. Makes perfect sense. Barnes is an athletic energy guy who moves well off the ball. He's constantly in motion and at times in great position to score easy baskets. A good PG will recognize these moments and hit him with a pass. Blake did it better than Fisher. Sessions does it better than Blake. Not to dig up old wounds but damn, a guy like CP3 probably would've made Barnes look like a freakin all-star.

If we win it all this year, it will be in no small part to the Sessions/Barnes connection. Even if we don't, I think they both should be brought back. Furthermore, I think Ebanks can develop into a similar type player. Barnes/Sessions should be starters next year with Ebanks taking Barnes minutes off the bench. I don't want to get rid of MWP, but he should be an "defensive emergency" type player off the bench - that is, if we're up against Durant, Melo, etc and we're getting torched.
Doberman

Re: Barnes just needs a PG

Postby kenzo on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Meh, i was rather hoping for something like Barnes > Metta :man9:
kenzo

Re: Barnes just needs a PG

Postby TIME on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:42 pm

Not every thought needs its own thread.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Return to The Graveyard