I've been thinking about this entire Kobe mess...

I've been thinking about this entire Kobe mess...

Postby LakerPride on Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:43 pm

I was angry and very disapointed in Kobe before the press conference and I still am, but man how can we hate the guy. It's almost like watching one of your good friends crying up there in extreme pain. We've all watched Kobe on TV and have followed him for that last 7 freaking years. Also, we've watched him grow up before our eyes from a teenager for the love of god. Ofcourse Kobe has a special place in our hearts.
Then I got to thinking. Yyou know what many many people have made mistakes in relationships. I mean come on guys you go out to the bar for some drinks and you lose all sense of what is emotionally right. I mean ofcourse you don't lose sight of what the law is, but you probably will lose sight of what's right emotionally. You say things that piss people off and you do things that can hurt relationships.

I've cheated once on an ex. I felt horrible about it the next day and when she found out I felt like killing myself out of shame. Now I'm engaged and I could NEVER cheat on my future bride.

If Kobe is not convicted of rape I won't hold anything against him. Everyone makes mistakes. Specially if a little alchohal is involved.
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby murcielago62 on Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:48 pm

If he's not convicted (I seriously doubt he will convicted) this should right his boat instantly. I'm glad to see his wife stay by him.
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby Reddy on Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:48 pm

first off congrats
I agree with u.
Cheating kills u when u think about it after u do it. And I really hope Kobe and hsi family can go through this. People make mistakes and for the sake of his loving family and his regret for his actions I think he desserves a chance
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Laker brain on Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:10 pm

yeah I cheated on my girl before and I felt bad about it... I hate Evil Spirits.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

LakerPride

Postby LARolePlayer on Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:26 pm

LakerPride,
Before I go on, I have no opinion before the verdict is reached. I want to see and wait what happens, so no offense, but for God's sake RAPE is not a "mistake", adultery is. Rape is a very serious crime and there is no excuse or reason to do it. SO PLEASE don't call it a mistake, cause the victims of this "mistake" have to live with the shame :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
Role Players turn our team from being great to the GREATEST!!!
LARolePlayer

Postby RB26DETT on Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:38 pm

Sup, New member here.

I forgive him, as im sure his wife already did.

It's not good to judge others, when we ourselves, aint perfect.

McLAREN F1... IT DECIMATES ALL....
Last edited by RB26DETT on Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.
RB26DETT

Postby Coppertop on Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:58 pm

RB26DETT wrote:Sup, New member here.

I forgive him, as im sure his wife already did.

It's not good to judge others, when we ourselves, aint perfect.

Nobody is "judging" Kobe the person. We are judging his wrong action of adultery. We judge people's actions all the time, and we have to. We judge our own individual actions, our brothers and sisters, our enemies, everyone. The court itself is a societal system founded on the premise of justice. To have justice, we must judge. No, you are right, no one is perfects, not one soul. But at the same time, there is still right and wrong, and it is our duty to judge the actions of right and wrong. If not, children will remain disobedient, murderers will walk free, etc. I just want to clear up that it is ok to judge that what Kobe did was wrong, and even, to be upset about it, or angry with him for doing something wrong. But again, you are right in saying that forgiveness should be his, as he asked for it. If God can forgive him, and his wife can forgive him, I should say that we should definently forgive him.
Coppertop

Postby RB26DETT on Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:47 pm

i agree.

Only God can judge. Not us perfect humans :)

McLAREN F1... IT DECIMATES ALL....
Last edited by RB26DETT on Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RB26DETT

Postby Lakerqueen on Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:59 pm

I am disappointed that Kobe committed adultery, as I am sure everyone is. At the same time, I know that everyone makes mistakes. EVERYONE! In the eyes of God, no one sin is wieghed more heavily than any other. God forgives us when we ask for His forgiveness, and we need to do the same when people ask us to forgive them. Kobe has obviously realized how wrong he was in what he did, and has asked for forgiveness. Kobe came before the entire nation to admit that he had indeed committed adultery. He did not need to do this. He does not have to answer to the public. The only people he has to answer to, as he said in his statement, are his wife and God.
As I said before, this whole situation is disappointing, but I am not going to stop being a fan of his because of it. I still admire Kobe for who he is as a basketball player and for who he has been as a person. I'm glad that he is willing to admit his mistakes instead of denying them.
I know that I have made mistakes in the past. I need to do as God has done for me, forgive. I believe that Kobe is very repentent about his actions and should be forgiven. None of us deserve the forgiveness nor the grace that God gives us, but he gives it to us when we ask for it. We need to be doing likewise.
Lakerqueen

Postby Laker brain on Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:36 am

Well...(In a churchy voice)
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby LakerTexan on Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:44 am

Amen Lakerqueen!

Well said! :bow:

"God must be a Laker fan! He paved His streets in gold!"
LakerTexan

Postby NawlinsLakerFan on Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:28 pm

Good post LQ...and I agree.