Bleacher Report: Clean Journalism, Kobe Bashing?

Bleacher Report: Clean Journalism, Kobe Bashing?

Postby King of Clutch on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Over the summer I remember coming across a particular site that left a sour taste in my mouth, Bleacher Report. After reading a couple of kobe bryant articles, it began to be clear that a majority of its writers CLEARLY hate the man. I just remember, well hey its just a freelance site that isn't going to get any major attention as a news website. Well, think again.

Every single nationally televised game that I have seen this season has had a Bleacher Report advertisement DURING the games!! As soon as I saw this, I began to get worried. If people go to that site, and read all the articles, it won't be long until they would start feeding off of that kobe hate as well. Here are some of the articles i'm talking about...

"Ranking the most embarassing moments in lakers history" Kobe's face plastered at the top, and including '04 pistons loss, 08 celtics loss, and the colorado incident. How in the world is kobe bryants personal life, part of lakers history. I guess magic losing to bird back in the 80's shouldn't be listed, and wilt losing to russell and celtics 9 times, shouldn't be listed either.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1403 ... rs-history

"Kobe Bryant Gives Words of Wisdom to Struggling Alex Rodriguez"
This author just made this to bash kobe. He included a poll to the right of, "who loves themselves more: kobe or Arod?". And ended with, "Sorry Kobe, but you are flat-out wrong…again."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1374 ... 0rodriguez

"Kobe Bryant Needs a Puppet, Not Overlords Like Phil Jackson or Mike D'Antoni"
Claims kobe is uncoachable and said things like, "ego bigger than Mt. Everest", " a man who broke up one of the most deadly player tandems in NBA history", "He will not only coach the team, but will also be kobe bryant's lackey", and ended with "Hopefully a miracle will occur and the new coach will still be able to lead the team to a championship."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1403 ... ke-dantoni

"Kobe Bryant: How His Attitude Is Hurting the Lakers"
Saying how Kobe's attitude hurting lakers. ended with, "It's time to transition the team from "Kobe's team" into the "Los Angeles Lakers."Good luck."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1401 ... the-lakers

I've noticed this website for months now, and have seen some articles come and go. These are only a few of many articles i've noticed. I'm just worried that with all the attention this site is getting, down will go kobe bryants public perception. I wouldn't naturally be worried but like I said, the NBA is fully endorsing this website with the ads during their games. Am I overreacting?
King of Clutch

Re: Bleacher Report: Clean Journalism, Kobe Bashing?

Postby kray28 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Uhm, it's the Bleacher Report.

/thread.
kray28

Postby King of Clutch on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:35 pm

kray28 wrote:Uhm, it's the Bleacher Report.

/thread.

lol do they have some sort of reputation that i'm unaware of???
King of Clutch

Postby kray28 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Yeah, it's not a site with professional writers, it's fans writing whatever they feel like.

It's like a sports content farm.
kray28

Postby Frank Dux on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:37 pm

King of Clutch wrote:
kray28 wrote:Uhm, it's the Bleacher Report.

/thread.

lol do they have some sort of reputation that i'm unaware of???

New to the internet?
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby TIME on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:46 pm

You don't want to give attention to that site, but then you create a thread and link several "articles". :man3:

Like kray said, though, it's just a fan blog site.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Return to The Graveyard