CP3 Trade

CP3 Trade

Postby switzerland on Wed May 09, 2012 1:35 pm

I tried to attach this to the end of a previous post but it was "locked"

I see many references to the failed CP3 trade and blame being placed upon emperor Stern based upon the fact he hates to see the Lakers win or continue to win, etc.........

I would encourage anyone that wants to know the "truth" about this to read what I post and then do yourself a favor and research it to confirm.

The bottom line is this, the SINGLE reason the CP3 trade did not go through was "Jason Smith". That guy who body tackled griffin and suspended two games? Recall him? Well he was part of the trade to send CP3 to us. Jason wanted a multiple year deal, we said NO! Thats it, that was the CP3 trade deal breaker. He eventually got his multi year deal in NO and the rest as they say is history. I hope this helps to once and for all put the Stern hates us/conspiracy theory talk to bed.
switzerland

Re: CP3 Trade

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed May 09, 2012 1:43 pm

Well that is awesome and um... yea... ok.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Re: CP3 Trade

Postby TIME on Wed May 09, 2012 1:43 pm

Thanks for the info. Never heard that before. Not sure how you "know". But, either way, the CP3 trade is a lifetime ago. No need to restart the conversation months after the fact.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Return to The Graveyard