D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:35 pm

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:Dwight still isn't 100%. He'll be faster when he is. Shaq didn't have much of an inside game either, but he was really fast to dunk or lay up the ball when he got. Dwight will be the same when he's healthy.

Lakers need to slow the ball down and run it inside out. Heck, if we get lucky and have some success with it, maybe MDA will quit.

I'm confused what you mean by this part in bold. The only game Shaq had was inside and it made him a HOFer.

Did I misunderstand?
phoenixrisingla

Postby GNC on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:36 pm

revgen wrote:
"I think this will be the start of a new season tonight," said Howard

I haven't heard this before.

seriously :freak2:
GNC

Postby Kit on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
V.V.V.V.V. wrote:Dwight still isn't 100%. He'll be faster when he is. Shaq didn't have much of an inside game either, but he was really fast to dunk or lay up the ball when he got. Dwight will be the same when he's healthy.

Lakers need to slow the ball down and run it inside out. Heck, if we get lucky and have some success with it, maybe MDA will quit.

I'm confused what you mean by this part in bold. The only game Shaq had was inside and it made him a HOFer.

Did I misunderstand?

I agree with you on this. Shaq was a beast inside.
Kit

Postby scissors on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:38 pm

GNC wrote:
revgen wrote:

Best news I've heard all season. Whether he lives up to it or not.
scissors

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: complaining about his touches

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:39 pm

Kit wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:
Kit wrote:
MDA is not getting fired is your opinion.
IMO, Dwight is not gonna get traded in this season so there will be no wishful thinking for you also.

Breaking news; All of this is our opinions, so thank you for that.

I dont think Dwight will get traded either, so not sure what you mean? The discussion is on if he is a leader or not.

"The discussion is on if he is a leader or not."
What?
I was stating the thought of trading Dwight is disgusting and you quoted me for it. I wasn't even talking to you. Move on, sir.

I was actually quoting 432J and responding to his post. YOU said he was the future and I disagreed.

Its all just a page back for you to review.
Last edited by phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phoenixrisingla

Postby The Laker Link on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:40 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225747/Dwight_Lakers_Turnaround_Starts_With_Me
Dwight: Lakers' Turnaround 'Starts With Me'

Dwight Howard took accountability for his role in the Los Angeles Lakers' struggles on Wednesday.

"I think this will be the start of a new season tonight," said Howard. "Our effort and energy will be better. It starts with me."

The Lakers play at the Memphis Grizzlies and have lost three straight.

Howard also apologized for his comments about his lack of shot attempts.

Howard said he needs to be "more of a player out there on the court and not worry about anything, not complain."

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

Hmmmm, OK. Now Dwight please show this on court :jam2:

Sounds hopeful. STAY HERE DWIGHT.
The Laker Link

Postby revgen on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:40 pm

GNC wrote:
revgen wrote:

I want them to quit talking about what they're going to do and just do it. Stop yacking and start cracking. That includes D12, Kobe, D'Antoni (who first started the "new season" crap), Pau, and the rest of them outside of Earl Clark.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Kit on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:44 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
Kit wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:
Kit wrote:
MDA is not getting fired is your opinion.
IMO, Dwight is not gonna get traded in this season so there will be no wishful thinking for you also.

Breaking news; All of this is our opinions, so thank you for that.

I dont think Dwight will get traded either, so not sure what you mean? The discussion is on if he is a leader or not.

"The discussion is on if he is a leader or not."
What?
I was stating the thought of trading Dwight is disgusting and you quoted me for it. I wasn't even talking to you. Move on, sir.

I was actually quoting 432J and responding to his post. YOU said he was the future and I disagreed.

Its all just a page back for you to review.

OK. You disagreed.
Kit

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 pm

We'll see. Show it on the court. Enough talking...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby GNC on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:53 pm

revgen wrote:
GNC wrote:
revgen wrote:

I want them to quit talking about what they're going to do and just do it. Stop yacking and start cracking. That includes D12, Kobe, D'Antoni (who first started the "new season" crap), Pau, and the rest of them outside of Earl Clark.

Definitely agree, I suppose that is too much to ask?

And just like the last time someone on the team proclaimed the start of a new season.. we are probably going to fall right on our faces (I would love to be proven wrong).
GNC

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:55 pm

The Lakers could pick any 5 of us up for 5 bucks and we could say the same things these turds are saying. Yea, tonight's a new season, we will come out strong, blah blah blah blah.....

Just shut up and do it. Stop the we will do this and we will do that s***, you want to make the playoffs, establish a legacy, you do it on the court and in the W/L column.

Right now there are way more L's than W's, so all this media blah blah is nothing.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby dj vitus on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:58 pm

October called. It wants the start of the new season back.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby dj vitus on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Seriously, though, Dwight needs to play with high energy and just care about one thing and one thing only.

Winning.

Who cares about the bad calls. Who cares of Nazr Mohammed is frustrating you. You're gonna have your hands full tonight with Z-Bo and Gasol 2.0. Don't let it get to you.

Just play with high energy and play to win. That is all.

Peace.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby karacha on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Doc Brown wrote:The Lakers could pick any 5 of us up for 5 bucks and we could say the same things these turds are saying. Yea, tonight's a new season, we will come out strong, blah blah blah blah.

We could even lose games for less money. :man9:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 pm

phoenixrisingla

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:10 pm

karacha wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:The Lakers could pick any 5 of us up for 5 bucks and we could say the same things these turds are saying. Yea, tonight's a new season, we will come out strong, blah blah blah blah.

And probably hit 3's at the same rate as Meeks & Antawn.

OK DWIGHT, now that you're accepting you get enough TOUCHES you gonna beast?

Dude needs to get friendly with the refs and ask them to "take a little air out" as Shaq did. Then grip that s*** and throw down some dunks.

If the refs aren't into rigging games anymore, then friking do drills with a plastic blow up ball and practice your grip in the post when getting swarmed by hack-happy assistant coaches.

Talking about one of these

or if his issue is with putting the ball on the floor and bringing it back up to make a move

then this

Last edited by Chillbongo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chillbongo

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:14 pm

karacha wrote:

I'd be happy with free Lakers gear and telling Kobe to go stand in the corner while I bust out the Jimmy Dolan Shake N' Bake.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Thenextgreat on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:25 pm

I'm confused ...how many times have the season just started for the Lakers now?? lol...no i expect this team will at some point get it right but from the beginning I have not like the MDA hiring...he needs to adjust to the pieces he has so we can start winning some games.
Thenextgreat

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:29 pm

Here are more quotes from Howard:

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten

Dwight on complaining about his 5 shot attempts vs. Chicago: "I shouldn't have done that. That was immature"

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten

Dwight on his changed mindset: "For me it's not about scoring. It's about dominating. That's more than scoring"

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan

Dwight Howard apologizes, says he needs to be "more of a player out there on the court and not worry about anything, not complain." #Lakers

I knew something was sort of different today as the shootaround as mentioned by Kevin Ding and Dave McMenamin went longer than it ever has since MDA became our coach. Certainly a step in the right direction. Obviously we all want to see it on the court and even if he is a changed man tonight, let's see it consistantly. I'll go on record now, of believing that a turn around is in the making.
Last edited by Battle Tested20 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:31 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:Here are more quotes from Howard:

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten

Dwight on complaining about his 5 shot attempts vs. Chicago: "I shouldn't have done that. That was immature"

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten

Dwight on his changed mindset: "For me it's not about scoring. It's about dominating. That's more than scoring"

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan

Dwight Howard apologizes, says he needs to be "more of a player out there on the court and not worry about anything, not complain." #Lakers

I'd rather hear him be honest and complain than just parrot back what his manager told him to say in the wake of a PR backlash. :nono2:
phoenixrisingla

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:34 pm

^As much as I want to believe him, I see the same behavior & flip-flopping he did with Orlando. We'll see how he & the team play tonight. No more moral victories. I mean a convincing win on the road against a quality team & and then following it up by putting 6-7 straight together and making a push toward making an effort toward respectability...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Psychobroker on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:39 pm

ZenMaster4President wrote:Ah... the difference in offensive games of Bynum and Dwight...

I know one is not playing... just saying that there were people who claimed that the difference is not that big and the difference on defense more than makes up for it.

I think those people has been proven wrong.

As were those that were pointing at "attitude problems" as part of Bynum's baggage. Well, Dwight has got them in spades as well.

IF Andrew was still playing, we'd be loosing the trade badly. And even with that - the fact that Dwight might bolt and this season may be over... we may still eventually come up as the biggest losers.

Shaq was right. Dwight is no superman.

Happy to see someone finally bring up the white elephant. I feel the same way, an there's no saying for sure whether Drew would have still been playing. But there's also no guarantee that he would have re-injured the knee like he did.. either way, we're stuck in our current situation, and for KOBE to blame Dwight for that pathetic attempt of "trying to get him involved" last night when he hit him in the back, is just laughable:

"Obviously, this isn't working," Lakers star Kobe Bryant told Yahoo! Sports after the Chicago loss.

"I've tried to go out of my way to get (Howard) the ball. Sometimes I end up looking like an idiot, because I get up in the air, I've got a shot, but I try to find him. But he thinks I'm going to shoot, so his back is turned. I'm trying to think about getting him the ball a lot -- take care of him as much as I possibly can. It takes me out of rhythm a little bit, but I'm fine with that. If that's going to help our team, I'm more than willing to do that.

Jump-passing is a big no-no anyway, Mr. Bryant! BUT, I do see him trying... it's just not 2nd nature for him (not a PG)
Last edited by Psychobroker on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby trodgers on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:42 pm

So...this is the THIRD season under D'Antoni?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby socallakerlove on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Guys, calm down. This news couldn't be more excellent. With D'Antoni's season just starting along with Nash, and Dwight beginning his tonight, we could be destined for immortality.

Now if Pau and the bench could start their season, greatness will kiss us all.
socallakerlove

Postby scissors on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:47 pm

socallakerlove wrote:Guys, calm down. This news couldn't be more excellent. With D'Antoni's season just starting along with Nash, and Dwight beginning his tonight, we could be destined for immortality.

Now if Pau and the bench could start their season, greatness will kiss us all.

Pau wants to let you know that his name and bench shouldn't be in the same sentence. :man10:
scissors

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard