D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a shoulder to cry on

Postby last stand on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Doc Brown wrote:I don't think he will get hurt so much on post ups because the defense can't foul him in a way that will hurt his shoulder. It's the plays where he's got a free dunk and someone comes from behind and makes sure his arms don't get above his head that is going to hurt him.

When he comes back he needs to just keep the ball above his head so that if he does get fouled, his arms are already up and he won't get a "jolt" in his arm when he gets fouled.

That's one thing Pau is good at doing, he can't jump so he keeps the ball high so he can quickly lay it in.

hell, i wish he'd just do that anyways. even if he's fully healthy
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby cthroatgtr on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:38 pm

Shoulder injury is a freak injury not because of his back. Kobe & Lamar had the same injury. What I see though is Dwight lost a little athleticism and it has exposed his utter lack of fundamentals. The best comparison is David Robinson who lost a season due to back surgery. When he came back the first year he along with a rookie Tim Duncan split time in the post and the team was ok but the following year they put Duncan in the post and Robinson played the high post. He remained a defensive stalwart but was never the same offensive player. What really was different after surgery was Robinson was once cat like quick for a 7 footer and he lost a little of that. That too exposed the fact that he really had no post game and did it with athleticism as well. Then if you look at a latter day Kareem even when he struggled just to get up the court was still nearly unstoppable in the post until perhaps his last year or two. Fundamentals...what Howard lacks.
cthroatgtr

Postby last stand on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:51 pm

me nor revgen ever suggested the shoulder injury was "back related". he said it was because of the back that dwight couldn't lift the same for his shoulders, therefore weaker shoulders=more prone to injury.

also in terms of back injury. david robinson is one case, though a case could be made that duncan's emergence had a lot to do with robinson not looking the same, also lets not ignore robinson's age. he was in his 30s by that time and some bigs go off the deep end in there 30s. see pau gasol, dirk.

a lot of factors go into it. hard to compare a 31 year old robinson in the mid 90s getting surgery, to a 27 year old dwight howard in 2012 getting the surgery.

not to mention no person reacts the same to surgery. adrian peterson almost broke the all time rushing record the season after surgery while donovan mcnabb in 2006 wasn't the same guy for the whole 2007 season after his injury

different people react differently. we'll have to wait and see

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:51 pm

I know its really hard for an attention seeker like Dwight but he needs to skip out on the All star game. The last road game we play is FEB 10 at Miami, next road game is FEB 24 at DAL, thats 2 weeks in LA, 5 consecutive days of rest and only like 3 games in that stretch of 14 days. Stay back in LA and rest up. Hes made like a gazillion all star games already and was the leading vote getter last year

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby last stand on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:05 pm

i would say he won't get hurt in an all star game, but thanks to wade i can't

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Not to mention the festivities surrounding the game. He'll be asked to sign a gazillion autographs. Does he really need that when he has a torn labrum

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Kit on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:09 pm

The Rock wrote:I know its really hard for an attention seeker like Dwight but he needs to skip out on the All star game. The last road game we play is FEB 10 at Miami, next road game is FEB 24 at DAL, thats 2 weeks in LA, 5 consecutive days of rest and only like 3 games in that stretch of 14 days. Stay back in LA and rest up. Hes made like a gazillion all star games already and was the leading vote getter last year

If he didn't play the Allstar game then he wouldn't be allowed to play the next game. Kobe had the same problem before if I remember correctly.
Kit

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:10 pm

Kit wrote:
The Rock wrote:I know its really hard for an attention seeker like Dwight but he needs to skip out on the All star game. The last road game we play is FEB 10 at Miami, next road game is FEB 24 at DAL, thats 2 weeks in LA, 5 consecutive days of rest and only like 3 games in that stretch of 14 days. Stay back in LA and rest up. Hes made like a gazillion all star games already and was the leading vote getter last year

If he didn't play the Allstar game then he wouldn't be allowed to play the next game. Kobe had the same problem before if I remember correctly.

I went to the game after the All star break in 2010. He was a gametime decision. He was warming up and he decided not to play. We played the Warriors that night and Shannon went off for a career high Lol

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:20 pm

Kit you're almost right. This is annoying

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/feb/16/sports/sp-stars16

According to NBA policy, a selectee who plays in his team's last game -- as Bryant did, scoring 29 points in Wednesday's win in Minnesota -- has to play in the All-Star game or sit out his next game.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Kit on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:26 pm

He is never safe when wade is in the game haha
Kit

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:47 am

If he kept the ball high , he wouldn't get slapped so hard on his arms ... poor fundamentals can lead to injuries too ...
wcsoldier81

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:54 am

The Rock wrote:Kit you're almost right. This is annoying

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/feb/16/sports/sp-stars16

According to NBA policy, a selectee who plays in his team's last game -- as Bryant did, scoring 29 points in Wednesday's win in Minnesota -- has to play in the All-Star game or sit out his next game.

Its not like he would miss an All-Star game anyway man, & he doesn't need to. Its just one up & down game with low minutes for each player.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Tragic on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:41 am

Tragic

Postby hollywood swinger on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:19 am

soft
:man9:
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Ice-Fire on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:39 am

So yesterday the prognosis was that he was playing today, and now he's listed as being out for today's game? if these reporters are supposed to be accurate it's best they don't jump the gun which happens more often then not...

now everything changes with today's game.... Greg Monroe/ Drummond are gonna have a field day today with our front-court thin.
Ice-Fire

Postby karacha on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:29 pm

Dwight, please come back.

Please.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:37 pm

lakers mvp: platelets (i hope)
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:11 pm

In an article I posted up, Steve Blake had the same therapy that Dwight had; they informed Steve it would take at least 10 days for his body to react to it. Dwight would have had 4 days for his body to react to it by the time the game comes Tuesday @ Brooklyn.

I'm hoping he plays; our interior defense needs a big boost...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Ice-Fire on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:12 pm

Reggie Evans is gonna get 25 offensive rebounds if the Lakers can't get some extra therapy on Howard's shoulder by Tuesday.
Ice-Fire

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:11 am

lakersyunowin wrote:lakers mvp: platelets (i hope)

:man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:13 am

Just to be clear , how far/come can he do more damages to his shoulder ? Is it just a matter of playing through pain or can he aggravate his shoulder further ?
wcsoldier81

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:50 am

The Rock wrote:Not to mention the festivities surrounding the game. He'll be asked to sign a gazillion autographs. Does he really need that when he has a torn labrum

:man10:

Agree about ASB, Phil would make him stay at home :man2:
Chillbongo

Postby Nikez on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:56 am

If I recall correctly, there is some rule in the NBA that says if a player willingly doesn't play the all-star game to rest, he can't play the 1st game after or something like that. We had to deal with this rule when kobe's finger was fanagled and he played the first few minutes and sat the rest of the way. Back in 08 or 09 I believe.
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:04 pm

He can always "aggravate" his shoulder in the MIA game. In the 4th quarter, after we've secured a win.

Haha but in all honesty some rest and not going would do the dude wonders. No way he doesn't go though. He loves this s***.

In his mind the all star weekend is his treat for all the hard work he puts in to his NBA career.
Chillbongo

Postby Ice-Fire on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:23 am

So since the Lakers did not receive any news Immediately the next day on Howard's shoulder most likely means he's gonna give it a go today..
Ice-Fire

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard