D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: feeling better, won't play 2night

Postby KB24 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:15 pm

The point is the Miami game is probably a loss anyway. We need to win the next 2 games in order to be ok losing the Miami game. We can't rest Dwight and lose against Boston and then use him in the Miami game and lose anyways (likely scenario).

I rather have Dwight gut it out in winnable games.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:19 pm

^ Good point. I'd rather he get in against Boston. Especially since this is really a must win game for the city of LA and they don't even have the bigs to bother him anyway. Who's going to defend him? Probably that Skeltonbeast Garnett and Howard should just beat him up all game long.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:22 pm

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:28 pm

Yeah Miami is a loss..LeBron takes 5 steps Wade is allowed to do what he wants get away with murder..I'd say it's a loss.. refs and Miami are butt buddies
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby denimPortugal on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:59 pm

denimPortugal

Postby karacha on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:13 pm

The Lakers are clearly loved in those red states. :man13:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JLaker17 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Well since it was voted that he will be leaving we might as well just trade him. :man10:
JLaker17

Postby The Rock on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Charlotte and Boston are winnable games without Dwight and Pau. We need Howard for the Miami game

Boston roster playing 2nd of a back to back: Barbosa, Courtney Lee, Avery Bradley, Jason Terry...they're not roadrunners running up and down the floor trying to bust our butts. They're not gonna beat our guards

Charlotte: I'd just let Kobe unload on these guys...Kemba/Sessions/Gerald Henderson thats about it really

From the interviews Howard is made up his mind hes not gonna be playing in the coming days he doesnt look ready I wouldn't throw him in there and then try getting hurt to some scrub squad. Just bring him onto the Miami game

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:38 pm

F*** you Alaska. Just jealous you don't have a basketball team and your claim to fame is Carlos Snoozer. Middle finger to you. :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby hustle71 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:47 pm

I know your just joking but Alaska is predominantly full of strong Laker supporters.. also people here at this point are more familiar with Chalmers being from Alaska than Boozer.
hustle71

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:48 pm

Get your Alaska knowledge up, Doc!
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:27 pm

:man10: :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:38 pm

wtf happened to hawaii, I thought they're pro-lakers with all our mini-camps starting over there?
khmrP

Postby dj vitus on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:05 pm

khmrP wrote:wtf happened to hawaii, I thought they're pro-lakers with all our mini-camps starting over there?

It's all those scrubs who couldn't get a roster spot with us. :man9:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby denimPortugal on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:06 pm

Doc Brown wrote:F*** you Alaska. Just jealous you don't have a basketball team and your claim to fame is Carlos Snoozer. Middle finger to you. :man10:

:man10: :man10:
denimPortugal

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:49 pm

LOL

ESPN sportsnation voters are wrong about everything. :man10:
Chillbongo

Postby Kit on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:05 pm

The voters are fans and haters.
Kit

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:52 pm

hope he gets something to help with the pain and plays. we need him. just tell him to hold that ball above his head and dont go up with it from the waist or one handed with the left (his first dominant hand).

we need him to play through it like lamar and kobe have. its tough obviously for someone whos never really been injured but we need him. at least to play d and crash the boards.
Ariza3

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:11 am

Kobe Bryant once again has urged Dwight Howard to play through some pain while claiming that the Los Angeles Lakers center "worries too much" about media and fan criticism.

Howard has missed the past three games because of a torn labrum in his shoulder, aggravating an injury he initially suffered earlier this season.

Despite winning the three games Howard has missed, the Lakers (23-26) are 10th in the Western Conference playoff race. They also will be without star forward Pau Gasol, who could be sidelined four-to-six weeks with a tear in the plantar fascia of his right foot, an MRI revealed Wednesday.

"We don't have time for (Howard's shoulder) to heal," Bryant said Wednesday in an exclusive interview with ESPNBoston.com's Jackie MacMullan. "We need some urgency."

The interview with MacMullan came one day after Bryant publicly challenged Howard, stating that playing through an injury is "something that you have to balance out and manage."

Bryant also asserted that Howard is preoccupied with how he is perceived by fans and media.

"Dwight worries too much about what people think," Bryant told MacMullan. "I told him, 'You can't worry about that. It's holding you back.' He says, 'OK, OK, OK,' but it's always hovering around him.

"He just wants people to like him. He doesn't want to let anyone down, and that gets him away from what he should be doing."

Bryant also speculated that Howard, in his first season with Los Angeles, may not be accustomed to the Lakers' standards.

"(Howard) has never been in a position where someone is driving him as hard as I am, as hard as this organization is," Bryant told MacMullan. "It's win a championship, or everything is a complete failure. That's just how (the Lakers) do it. And that's foreign to him.

"When you think about it, there aren't many organizations that look at it that way. There are only two that can really honestly say that's what they live by -- Los Angeles and Boston."

Howard preached patience in a recent interview with ESPN's Stephen A. Smith, pointing to the fact that Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal needed three years before winning a championship with the Lakers.

But the 34-year-old Bryant, who is averaging 27.6 points per game in his 17th NBA season, is approaching this season with more desperation.

"We don't have three years," Kobe said. "We've got this year."

Howard is listed as day to day, and his status is uncertain for Thursday's game against the Boston Celtics.

The Lakers are hopeful Gasol's injury will prompt Howard to return "sooner than later," a team source told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8924249/kobe-bryant-challenges-dwight-howard-return-shoulder-injury-play-pain
wcsoldier81

Postby Center Court on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:23 am

^^^ Kobe is doing a great job as a leader. he really understands different people have different personalities and though it may not be your style, you have to cater to their needs/style to get the best out of them. that is exactly what Dwight likes/wants/needs to hear. (close sarcasm)

seriously though, Kobe is an [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. If I were Dwight I would want no part of this organization if this is the guy you are supposed to share with. Dwight has got to feel extremely slighted by that comment. I mean, Dwight is not some young player who ust stepped into the NBA. He's had a great career so far. No way he wants to hear that "he has no urgency and winning championship mentality it foreign to him".

I'm worried as a Laker fan because I'd say it's more likely for Dwight to leave then stay. Houston seems like a pretty attractive situation. Sign Dwight, trade Asik for a good PF and they've got something very attractive to Dwight.
Center Court

Postby The Rock on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:47 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Kobe Bryant once again has urged Dwight Howard to play through some pain while claiming that the Los Angeles Lakers center "worries too much" about media and fan criticism.

Howard has missed the past three games because of a torn labrum in his shoulder, aggravating an injury he initially suffered earlier this season.

Despite winning the three games Howard has missed, the Lakers (23-26) are 10th in the Western Conference playoff race. They also will be without star forward Pau Gasol, who could be sidelined four-to-six weeks with a tear in the plantar fascia of his right foot, an MRI revealed Wednesday.

"We don't have time for (Howard's shoulder) to heal," Bryant said Wednesday in an exclusive interview with ESPNBoston.com's Jackie MacMullan. "We need some urgency."

The interview with MacMullan came one day after Bryant publicly challenged Howard, stating that playing through an injury is "something that you have to balance out and manage."

Bryant also asserted that Howard is preoccupied with how he is perceived by fans and media.

"Dwight worries too much about what people think," Bryant told MacMullan. "I told him, 'You can't worry about that. It's holding you back.' He says, 'OK, OK, OK,' but it's always hovering around him.

"He just wants people to like him. He doesn't want to let anyone down, and that gets him away from what he should be doing."

Bryant also speculated that Howard, in his first season with Los Angeles, may not be accustomed to the Lakers' standards.

"(Howard) has never been in a position where someone is driving him as hard as I am, as hard as this organization is," Bryant told MacMullan. "It's win a championship, or everything is a complete failure. That's just how (the Lakers) do it. And that's foreign to him.

"When you think about it, there aren't many organizations that look at it that way. There are only two that can really honestly say that's what they live by -- Los Angeles and Boston."

Howard preached patience in a recent interview with ESPN's Stephen A. Smith, pointing to the fact that Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal needed three years before winning a championship with the Lakers.

But the 34-year-old Bryant, who is averaging 27.6 points per game in his 17th NBA season, is approaching this season with more desperation.

"We don't have three years," Kobe said. "We've got this year."

Howard is listed as day to day, and his status is uncertain for Thursday's game against the Boston Celtics.

The Lakers are hopeful Gasol's injury will prompt Howard to return "sooner than later," a team source told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8924249/kobe-bryant-challenges-dwight-howard-return-shoulder-injury-play-pain

Kobe's done coddling, its go time Mr. Howard. Hes letting him have it.

Come on Dwight time to man up. Lets gooo

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:55 am

Lots of back and forth going on

- Dwight wont play because he wants to make sure shoulder is 100%
- Kobe says hes played with a torn labrum before and Dwight can play on it
- Dwight says Kobe is a guard but when Dwight is in the paint you got a couple of goons hanging on you and fouling you at every chance. Says it took Shaq 3 years in LA to win a ring
- Kobe says we need more urgency, stop worrying what people think and we dont got 3 years to wait for you to get there LOL

I honestly think Dwight might get scared and run away to Houston or Atlanta in the offseason, hes not handling this well at all. Yes the dude might just leave $30 mil on the table to get peace of mind and take pressure off him. The injuries have limited him but hes not making adjustments either to deal with the injuries...how do you think Kobe and Nash have lasted this long, Dwight?? You gotta change it up. Get stronger fundamentally. Put your hard hats on. All this sacrifice and grinding is needed to win a ring, thats what it takes

Kobe publicly to the media, in the last 3 years has coddled the teammates and had their back even if theyre wrong. He usually speaks his mind and points out the truth when the team has reached point of crisis (Ex: After game 6 in Denver saying glad MWP is back since hes the only one who he can count on). Lets see how Dwight responds.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:15 am

Center Court wrote:^^^ Kobe is doing a great job as a leader. he really understands different people have different personalities and though it may not be your style, you have to cater to their needs/style to get the best out of them. that is exactly what Dwight likes/wants/needs to hear. (close sarcasm)

seriously though, Kobe is an [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. If I were Dwight I would want no part of this organization if this is the guy you are supposed to share with. Dwight has got to feel extremely slighted by that comment. I mean, Dwight is not some young player who ust stepped into the NBA. He's had a great career so far. No way he wants to hear that "he has no urgency and winning championship mentality it foreign to him".

I'm worried as a Laker fan because I'd say it's more likely for Dwight to leave then stay. Houston seems like a pretty attractive situation. Sign Dwight, trade Asik for a good PF and they've got something very attractive to Dwight

I wouldn't lose any sleep over Dwight leaving ... I haven't changed my mind over his mentality since he arrived in LA ... he hasn't what it takes to be a leader of a championship team ...

Sure we'll get worse if he leaves but we are definetely not winning ish with this guy as the "future" of this franchise ... unless he's going to change and stop caring so much about people/medias and be a cry baby about everything
wcsoldier81

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:36 am

Again, if he doesn't play these next few games - when Kobe and the FO are publicly asking him to, but then does play in the all-star game, he deserves a ton of backlash and I don't care if he uses that as a reason to leave this summer. He probably won't turn into the "beast" that Kobe wants until he is playing in Houston and can hide behind Harden.

I think the Lakers need to stop gambling - like Cleveland did with Lebron (despite differing bird righs). If he won't commit we should shop him before the deadline. Plain and simple. Hey maybe we can get Westbrook and Ibaka. Lol!!
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Center Court on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:49 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Center Court wrote:^^^ Kobe is doing a great job as a leader. he really understands different people have different personalities and though it may not be your style, you have to cater to their needs/style to get the best out of them. that is exactly what Dwight likes/wants/needs to hear. (close sarcasm)

I'm worried as a Laker fan because I'd say it's more likely for Dwight to leave then stay. Houston seems like a pretty attractive situation. Sign Dwight, trade Asik for a good PF and they've got something very attractive to Dwight

I wouldn't lose any sleep over Dwight leaving ... I haven't changed my mind over his mentality since he arrived in LA ... he hasn't what it takes to be a leader of a championship team ...

Sure we'll get worse if he leaves but we are definetely not winning ish with this guy as the "future" of this franchise ... unless he's going to change and stop caring so much about people/medias and be a cry baby about everything

so you'd not rather have the best center in the NBA paired with another elite player? is it better to say f the center, he's not a winner because of reasons x y z. If you lost a superstar big, there is no way to make up for it. no matter how you slice it, he's the best post anchor in the NBA. we've seen it this year with him at 75%. pair that with another stud, and you're set. If you lose Dwight for nothing, now you're still over the cap and have Pau/Kobe/Nash//Hill/Blake/Meeks as your returning roster Then you gotta play with yet another year on those guys and hope that either Pau's exiring can net something special or you let everyone walk, hope Nash retires and start all over.. no cornerstone, no core, nothing. I am not sure how any rational fan can accept that. if a trade has to be made, then so be but losing Dwight is a catastrophe. Whether Kobe is tired of coddling him or not does not change the fact that our franchise takes a HUGE hit when he walks.

Wasn't this what the "meeting" was for? Didn't KB call Dwight out for the whole stat sheet incident? I'm not sure how this is any different. Kobe is calling him out in front of the media in a big way. Essentially calling him weak, not committed to winning, not ready to play championship basketball. It's a low blow and it pains me to say this, but sometimes Kobe is the biggest detriment to the team. He's my favorite athlete of all time and I'll hate to see him go, but hopefully it ushers in a new era of Laker basketball.

IMO with all that has been said, the attempts to repair, and still more shots at each other, this thing is not going to work beyond this season unless Dwight comes back to avg more FGA's, make a run of some fashion, and most importantly feel like a legit co-star

He knew this was Kobe's team, he knew he'd be #2. He just never though that he's be such a distant second... if that changed, I think he would too.
Center Court

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard