D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: (p.863: Nash Frustrated w/Dwight)

Postby Psychobroker on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:24 pm

last stand wrote:
Psychobroker wrote:
Armani wrote:Bynum's issues were never this big. Yeah, he randomly took a 3 once in a while, but it's not like he questioned the likes of Kobe. And now Nash, the ultimate team player. Haha, this guy is such a goddamn joke.

Correction - he randomly took ONE three... ONE, and we were leading by 6-8 points when he took it.

I hope this Howard rollercoaster gives all the Bynum critics some perspective. At least he gave us all he could all throughout the 2 chips and in the offseason. He ALWAYS came back with an improved game, even through the terrible injuries.

healthy Bynum (hopefully soon) >> Howard, and yeah, I miss the guy. Would he have still re-injured his knee had he not been traded? Who knows.

injured howard averages same statistics as healthy Bynum

healthy howard averages better statistics than healthy Bynum

healthy Bynum>healthy howard? nope, false

Yes, because Bynum actually cares to be better, take on a bigger leadership role, etc. Dwight seems indifferent about everything but his touches. At least Bynum has a case for increased touches, considering he was an excellent post option, excellent FT shooter, etc.

Dwight? Not so much.

Hopefully, last night was a sign of things to come... but that's the way this season has gone, full of tantalizing "what ifs".
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:27 pm

last stand wrote:
Psychobroker wrote:
Armani wrote:Bynum's issues were never this big. Yeah, he randomly took a 3 once in a while, but it's not like he questioned the likes of Kobe. And now Nash, the ultimate team player. Haha, this guy is such a goddamn joke.

Correction - he randomly took ONE three... ONE, and we were leading by 6-8 points when he took it.

I hope this Howard rollercoaster gives all the Bynum critics some perspective. At least he gave us all he could all throughout the 2 chips and in the offseason. He ALWAYS came back with an improved game, even through the terrible injuries.

healthy Bynum (hopefully soon) >> Howard, and yeah, I miss the guy. Would he have still re-injured his knee had he not been traded? Who knows.

injured howard averages same statistics as healthy Bynum

healthy howard averages better statistics than healthy Bynum

healthy Bynum>healthy howard? nope, false

Healthy Dwight is a better fit or this Lakers team. The problem is he hasn't been healthy or played near to the level he has in Orlando due to his lack of athelticism. If he re-signs & his condition improves, we'll see a better Howard next year & hopefully with an attitude adjustment...
dwighthowardsdad

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Ugh.

Bynum vs. Howard was so last year. Call me again when Bynum actually plays a game for the Sixers.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:56 pm

Bynum is never healthy. He had a setback just few days ago. Please let's not discuss him here, there's an NBA discussion for that, with the latest news. Thank you.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerzkb8 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:29 pm

Hes the main reason why we suck this season to be honest. He doesnt fit well with D'Antonis offense, hes useless with a perimeter scorer like Kobe on the team, a Kobe has to sacrifice his stats to get him going otherwise he wont put any effort in but thats addition by subtraction, and hes injured. He should have sat the first couple months of the season or Phil jackson or a coach that implements post play in his offense should have been hired. Major mistake by the guys up in the Lakers front office.

Hes so immobile out there, and you can tell hes conscious of his shoulder and the effect it'll have on his payday. Kobes basically throwing everything left in the tank, where as Dwight is conserving it. Thats not how a 1-2 punch works and its killed the chemistry on the team on the floor and off the floor spilling through media because of that very reason. Guys like D'antoni and Pau getting blamed is all collateral damage. Its simple Dwight. Play like its your last game. Help the team. Get your reputation back. Get a max in LA that will help your legacy and fix this situation in LA. Basically just listen to every damn word kobe says and instructs you to do. Play some ball and stop doing things your way because its not working for anybody.

I really wish we landed Chris Paul now and he could have been the face post-kobe. This actually all David Sterns fault ha.
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
lakerzkb8

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:13 pm

lakerzkb8 wrote:Hes the main reason why we suck this season to be honest. He doesnt fit well with D'Antonis offense, hes useless with a perimeter scorer like Kobe on the team, a Kobe has to sacrifice his stats to get him going otherwise he wont put any effort in but thats addition by subtraction, and hes injured. He should have sat the first couple months of the season or Phil jackson or a coach that implements post play in his offense should have been hired. Major mistake by the guys up in the Lakers front office.

Hes so immobile out there, and you can tell hes conscious of his shoulder and the effect it'll have on his payday. Kobes basically throwing everything left in the tank, where as Dwight is conserving it. Thats not how a 1-2 punch works and its killed the chemistry on the team on the floor and off the floor spilling through media because of that very reason. Guys like D'antoni and Pau getting blamed is all collateral damage. Its simple Dwight. Play like its your last game. Help the team. Get your reputation back. Get a max in LA that will help your legacy and fix this situation in LA. Basically just listen to every damn word kobe says and instructs you to do. Play some ball and stop doing things your way because its not working for anybody.

I really wish we landed Chris Paul now and he could have been the face post-kobe. This actually all David Sterns fault ha.
As much as I'd love to have CP3, he isn't an ideal pairing with D12. We can barely win with the games Dwight misses, we don't need to put the rest of our hopes on a guy that's constantly missing games.. No such thing as a healthy season with CP3.
lakersin4

Postby LooN3y on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:14 pm

this guy has no heart, no will, and weak minded.

hes pathetic, i cant fathom how people are defending this guy, who cares about his rebounds, or what he does stats wise.

hes a cancer, and he is not a laker.all he cares is about himself and his touches, dont get me wrong if we we're doing good and hes complaing about that ala kobe & shaq, than all for it, but cmon this guy cant even score 5 feet from the basket.

we're going absolutely out of our way destroying our offensive flow to keep this guy happy.

all that chemistry right there, he kills all that chemistry, this video nearly brings me to tears when i watch this.

dwight is a complete joke for demanding anything, play the damn game win and them complain about touches, lol like he does anything when we go out of our way to give him the ball.

never liked dwight or his game, but i was excited to have all that talent, but wow dwight just proved to me hes always teh player that i thought he was.

he sucks. screw his stats, really easy to get good stats when your on a losing team, monta ellis, kevin martin, in the mid 2000s-09

thats basically all it is, he destroys any type of momentum we have crying of the ball everytime he has post position, and its a joke that he has a post position because he does nothing with it.

i mean god, hes been in the league for how long? how hard is it to pump? to to fake left, right, and go left again when a defender commits? how many post up jump hooks has he taken through out his life and how is he still inefficient?

this guy is a complete waste of our resources, besides him being a trading tool to get somebody that is going to actually play with some effort and heart.

this guy is a joke to ask for the ball like hes kobe bryant, my god, kobe has done unbeleivable things when he asks for the ball,

this guy airballs jump hooks and he wants more touches. this guy misses all his free throws and wants some more touches.

i dont understand how any body can defend him. he needs to go. let him play in some country [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] city and pad his stats and never win a chip.

if this guys is going to be a number one option for our future, i dont see any championships in the future as long as hes the number one guy on the team.

this guy is a number 2 option at best, but with this demeanor and attitude this guys a number 3 option.

i always thought this guy sucks in terms of his game. he has non besides his athleticism, this guy is not a basketball player per say, hes an athlete that plays ball.
LooN3y

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:11 pm

^^^ If I read between the lines you're saying you don't like Dwight on the Lakers?
LTLakerFan

Postby khmrP on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:34 pm

lakerzkb8 wrote:Hes the main reason why we suck this season to be honest.

yea never mind all the injuries and coaching changes, its all Howards fault! :freak2:
khmrP

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:45 pm

It all comes down to the front office/coaches. Dwight's struggles have been part of the problem but would we be in this position if we made the correct hire & brought Phil back? At worst if Phil's demands were just too much, we could have had Sloan. Either guy knows the game well enough to know Dwight & Pau's limitations. Pau would have been featured in the post & Dwight would have been encouraged to play like Tyson Chandler on PED's. Most importantly the players would respect them enough to buy in. Dwight is the least of our problems.
lakersin4

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:10 pm

I'm with Team Dwight...
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Weezy on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:51 pm

Man that video was fun to watch. I remember what a non-factor Pau made Dwight that series, and how he missed those 2 free throws that ultimately let us win game 4, ouch. That's not the guy I want leading us into the future, I'm not on team Dwight and I honestly hope Dwight is not on this team next season, especially for max money.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kb.24 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:28 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Just from 4 yrs ago when he had the amazing run to the finals, that explosion quick feet off the ground isnt there this year. 40/14 against an Ilgauskas/Ben Wallace/Varejao group that troubled Duncan a lot in the 07 finals is pretty damn good. We need this guy to get his attitude straightened out & then his body healthy

Meh. Same non-repetroire of offensive moves. Jump and dunk, no post up skill. Against non-impressive "big" men. And we know what happened when he finally ran into a "dominant" big defender in Pau Gasol. :man10: :man12:

:man10: :man10:
kb.24

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:34 am

Weezy wrote:Man that video was fun to watch. I remember what a non-factor Pau made Dwight that series, and how he missed those 2 free throws that ultimately let us win game 4, ouch. That's not the guy I want leading us into the future, I'm not on team Dwight and I honestly hope Dwight is not on this team next season, especially for max money.

and how many rings did Shaq have before Kobe came into his own and we got PJ? I wonder if you were saying that after Shaq got swept in the finals against Hou and decided to come to LA?
khmrP

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:39 am

Those who are not in Team Dwight, remember 1993-94, that will be the norm with no star and no playoffs...you think it's bad right now.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:57 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Those who are not in Team Dwight, remember 1993-94, that will be the norm with no star and no playoffs...you think it's bad right now.

I'm not supporting Howard or on his team but I dont take that stance that we dont NEED him or that we'll be better off w/o him cause if he walks....it'll be at least 2-3 yrs before we "might" be in contention. 2014 FA plan might just blow up in our face the same way Dall plan was last year, the same way NY plan was with Lebron, BK with Lebron etc.
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:03 am

khmrP wrote:
Weezy wrote:Man that video was fun to watch. I remember what a non-factor Pau made Dwight that series, and how he missed those 2 free throws that ultimately let us win game 4, ouch. That's not the guy I want leading us into the future, I'm not on team Dwight and I honestly hope Dwight is not on this team next season, especially for max money.

and how many rings did Shaq have before Kobe came into his own and we got PJ? I wonder if you were saying that after Shaq got swept in the finals against Hou and decided to come to LA?

Dwight is not Shaq, he will never be Shaq, he doesn't have the size, he doesn't have the post game, hell even though Shaq started missing chippies later in his career, compared to Dwight his touch around the hoop was fantastic. Yes, he got swept in the Finals, but as far as I remember he was more of a factor than Dwight, I don't think he had a game where he scored under 25 that series. I'm not talking rings, I'm talking impact, greatness, I see WAYYY less of it than I expected from Dwight, his post game is worse than I thought and his ability to lead a team.. well I don't see any. He's got Kobe and Nash babying him constantly and a guy like Earl Clark seems to have stepped up into more of a leader than Dwight even.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:07 am

Dwight is still injured. He'll be much better next year. I agree that he's more of a Bill Russell type, not a Shaq or Wilt.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:11 am

Weezy wrote:
khmrP wrote:

Dwight is not Shaq, he will never be Shaq, he doesn't have the size, he doesn't have the post game, hell even though Shaq started missing chippies later in his career, compared to Dwight his touch around the hoop was fantastic. Yes, he got swept in the Finals, but as far as I remember he was more of a factor than Dwight, I don't think he had a game where he scored under 25 that series. I'm not talking rings, I'm talking impact, greatness, I see WAYYY less of it than I expected from Dwight, his post game is worse than I thought and his ability to lead a team.. well I don't see any. He's got Kobe and Nash babying him constantly and a guy like Earl Clark seems to have stepped up into more of a leader than Dwight even.

all that size, impact blah blah blah did us jack squat until Kobe/Pj came about, in fact we even have 4 all-stars one year and the Jazz made them look like scrubs.....all the "greatness" did was come into camp out of shape almost every season, get injured every season and basically healed on "company" time.
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:14 am

Well, at least we made the freakin playoffs every season. I'm not sure how you're disproving my point anyway, I'm saying I DON'T want Dwight going forward, because yeah, without a Kobe type player (clutch, leader, win at all costs, doesn't care about being liked ahead of winning) and a good coach, we aren't winning jack with him.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:19 am

Weezy wrote:Well, at least we made the freakin playoffs every season. I'm not sure how you're disproving my point anyway, I'm saying I DON'T want Dwight going forward, because yeah, without a Kobe type player (clutch, leader, win at all costs, doesn't care about being liked ahead of winning) and a good coach, we aren't winning jack with him.

so rather then have 1 piece of the puzzle you rather have none? There's no gurantee for 2014, it can easily blow up in our faces and certainly not gona attract top FA w/o someone on board who's already elite or elite in name. Nobody wants to sign on a team and be 2nd fiddle to a 34 or 35 yr old Kobe.
khmrP

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:21 am

khmrP wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Those who are not in Team Dwight, remember 1993-94, that will be the norm with no star and no playoffs...you think it's bad right now.

I'm not supporting Howard or on his team but I dont take that stance that we dont NEED him or that we'll be better off w/o him cause if he walks....it'll be at least 2-3 yrs before we "might" be in contention. 2014 FA plan might just blow up in our face the same way Dall plan was last year, the same way NY plan was with Lebron, BK with Lebron etc.

Or that hilarious 2007 plan with Yao and Stat...game changing talent are not grown in trees they come once in a decade or so. We cannot gamble that we can get another Kobe in the coming years to build around especially with a doofus being put in charge by his father on who to give contracts to.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:33 am

khmrP wrote:
Weezy wrote:Well, at least we made the freakin playoffs every season. I'm not sure how you're disproving my point anyway, I'm saying I DON'T want Dwight going forward, because yeah, without a Kobe type player (clutch, leader, win at all costs, doesn't care about being liked ahead of winning) and a good coach, we aren't winning jack with him.

so rather then have 1 piece of the puzzle you rather have none? There's no gurantee for 2014, it can easily blow up in our faces and certainly not gona attract top FA w/o someone on board who's already elite or elite in name. Nobody wants to sign on a team and be 2nd fiddle to a 34 or 35 yr old Kobe.

No, I would rather have none if the puzzle piece we do have doesn't fit/belong. I'm not interested in going into the future with Dwight just because he's the biggest name we can get, if he's not good enough to be the main piece (which is how he'll be getting paid if he gets a max deal) then I'd rather he walk if we aren't going to trade him. I don't have to want the guy just because he's a big name and supposedly a superstar. So no unless LeBron is walking in and signing with us in 2014 I don't care if Dwight walks, I don't see any other big names becoming free agents in 2014 that are championship difference makers. That's just me, I see mediocrity in our future with Dwight for sure, without him, I have no idea, but I can at least hope for players that play hard every night and aren't big babies. Lol man it's late, I just don't like Dwight, and I've tried. :man10:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby SpencerHarrison on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:51 am

Yeah. We're all preaching to the choir now, but... Yeah. Dwight is NOT the guy. Spend the money and time elsewhere. I love the "highlight" video of primetime D12 lol. Dunks, putbacks and ugly looking shots in a year where they got demolished in the finals. I honestly can't even remember why I thought he would be good. Maybe it was the idea that we would just be blessed with "Nash Magic" and everyone would play better.

Uhg.

What a cancer.
SpencerHarrison

Postby kb.24 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:24 am

Andrew Bynum Post Move Clinic HD

a healthy Bynum is better than dwight howard. its sad he can't play this season because of his glass knees.
kb.24

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard