D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:37 am

Man this thread is annoying, full of long paragraphs & people who somehow think we can do better than Dwight until 2014. Not gonna happen we need him, he is not healthy, he will be next season. He will mature just as Kobe & Shaq did. Give the guy a damn break already he just put up 19 & 18 on a bad back & shoulder. He will find his place on this team.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:39 am

kb.24 wrote:Andrew Bynum Post Move Clinic HD

a healthy Bynum is better than dwight howard. its sad he can't play this season because of his glass knees.

No he is not, you're comparing a healthy bynum with a bad back & shoulder howard. Dwight has showed us year after year that he is a better big man, was better just last year too. Quit the unfair comparison. Bynum never was better than Dwight.

GoldenKnight

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:17 am

GoldenKnight wrote:

a healthy Bynum is better than dwight howard. its sad he can't play this season because of his glass knees.

No he is not, you're comparing a healthy bynum with a bad back & shoulder howard. Dwight has showed us year after year that he is a better big man, was better just last year too. Quit the unfair comparison. Bynum never was better than Dwight.

who is better is not really the question the point is bynum when healthy with 1 on 1 coverage is unguardable because of his technique and size where as D12 when healthy and 1 on 1 coverage is able to be covered with man defense by certain guys. the thing that makes D12 a better player is the other end of the court when you put both things together.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby magic2kb8 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 am

GoldenKnight wrote:

If both are healty, Bynum is most definitely better for this team. Dwight has bad hands in traffic, and has zero post moves. Dwight can only operate in the post with 4 shooters on the floor ie lewis, turk, nelson, reddick, anderson. We dont have shooters like that, so Dwight is all but useless on the offensive end. Also you are saying Dwight is better, BUT you are comparing Dwight's stats as a #1 option to bynums 19 and 11 as a 2nd and 3rd option. Let a healthy Bynum be a number 1 option. 25 and 13.

Dwight is only a better pick and roll defender.
magic2kb8

Postby JGC on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:15 am

I think Dwight as your #1 guy, as the locker room leader, as the guy who you want to build your franchise around is most definitely in question at this point.

But, I think with the right pieces, he could still be a very good #2 guy. So I understand those saying they wouldn't want him because he's not the franchise guy we once thought he was. I think that's fair but I think it might be prudent to say you don't want him at all.

I'd still like to see the team keep Dwight, but then find a way to get a #1 that is a point guard. I think Dwight still has tremendous value to a team, just not as your mainstay.
JGC

Postby LooN3y on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:45 am

GoldenKnight wrote:Man this thread is annoying, full of long paragraphs & people who somehow think we can do better than Dwight until 2014. Not gonna happen we need him, he is not healthy, he will be next season. He will mature just as Kobe & Shaq did. Give the guy a damn break already he just put up 19 & 18 on a bad back & shoulder. He will find his place on this team.

nobody is saying anything about the injury

its his demeanor and attitude, like he deserves something. and the fact that hes worrying about touches and being the 1st option when we're losing

we needs to concentrate on winning and pad his stats later, so basically its ok to have a loser mentality and give up on this season and pad his stats?

and its amazing how he wants more touches when he as no offensive game at all. what does he more want? more free throw attempts to miss? more jumphooks that doesnt even touch iron?

hes in no position to complain, not to mention a situation considering we're losing bad.

this guy needs to shut his mouth up. i was amazed why he wanted to work in the post when he can get easy baskets just like in orlando with kobe, pau, and nash setting him up. hell blake and jamison can as well.

yea hes injured, but asking for the ball when he cant score on one on one coverage in the post? and he wants it more?

ridiculous atleast bynum can score 1 on 1, only thing about him was that he thought he was shaq or wilt thinking he can overpower double teams.

dwight is a P&R, garbage point player, i dont know what made him think he was the next hakeem/kareem/ewing.

dude doesnt even have half the touch that shaq had. ridiculous. play within the system, within the flow. stop asking for the ball and stopping the ball when u cant do anything with it.

lol at the 2nd fiddle to kobe comments, what makes you think dwight playing 1st fiddle will do anything? look at orlando, he had a whole team catered to his talents, a PF that shot 3's and spread the floor, and he still couldn't be as successful that he thinks he can be. orlando going to the finals that year in 09 was the same thing as the mavs in 2012, they were always hanging around there but they got lucky, nobody expected them to com e back and they didnt
LooN3y

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:31 am

^^^Pau cries about getting more touches in the paint too and has horrible % at finishing at the rim, how come there's not MORE people ragging on him about that?
khmrP

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:38 am

My goodness, Dwight's only sin was needling Kobe and for some posters he is no longer a viable franchise player :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:38 am

^Id say because Pau actually has an offensive game.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:44 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^Id say because Pau actually has an offensive game.

thats nice but at the rate/efficiency he was scoring at before his recent resurgence wasn't that much better then what Howard was doing.
khmrP

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:03 am

i still can't figure out why dwight likes to post up standing straight up.

people say he suffers from this "no butt" theory, but he's really limiting his post up options doing so.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:18 am

khmrP wrote:

thats nice but at the rate/efficiency he was scoring at before his recent resurgence wasn't that much better then what Howard was doing.

He wasn't until Howard got injured. Then Pau showed, even though injured, that his offensive game is miles better than Howards. What hurt us was Pau isn't the defensive communicator that Howard is so we got more lapses on defense. In any case, the team played better with Pau at the 5 than Dwight because Pau can score better and pass better than Dwight can out of the 5 spot.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:23 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
khmrP wrote:

He wasn't until Howard got injured. Then Pau showed, even though injured, that his offensive game is miles better than Howards. What hurt us was Pau isn't the defensive communicator that Howard is so we got more lapses on defense. In any case, the team played better with Pau at the 5 than Dwight because Pau can score better and pass better than Dwight can out of the 5 spot.

fair enough but see the difference in how we finish against the Boobcats and the Suns game.
khmrP

Postby kenzo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:25 am

You realy think that offense is the problem? :freak2: I'll take Dwight's D (when healthy) over Bynum's "total package". Attitude aside, Howard is a beast.
kenzo

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:27 am

Biggest thing we're missing from healthy D12 is his ability to blitz the opponent PNR ... now he's just backing off with his hands down and the ballhandler has way more freedom to create in the paint or shoot the midrange J .

Prime D12 was also rebounding the ball at a significant better rate and contest shots at the rim better ...

His lack of usual huge impact on the defensive side off the ball is what we are missing from him ... y'all can keep talking about Drew vs D12 offensive game :man10:
wcsoldier81

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:29 am

The old Howard vs. Bynum debate......

Exits thread.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby kenzo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:31 am

Doc Brown wrote:The old Howard vs. Bynum debate......

Exits thread.

Got a feeling we saw something similar before :man12:
kenzo

Postby LooN3y on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:35 am

khmrP wrote:

well his offense isnt great if hes camped out at the 3pt line, or if dwight is hogging the paint thinking hes the next kareem of our franchise.

his defense is great, but forget offense and defense, the fact that hes wanting touches, complaining, is ruining any flow we have.

how are we gonna play if this cry baby is asking for the ball and gets mad if he doesnt get it? he just needs to play thats what im saying.

thats whats pissing me off, the fact that i point out that he shouldnt be asking touches because he has no offense isnt the main thing, its the fact that hes even complaining about touches when we're losing instead of giving it all and just playing.

it just messes up the chemistry, there is no chemistry with howard and the rest of the team, i see everyone else communicating and giving each other props and talking like nash, kobe, meeks, blake, pau, artest, jamison, clark.

but howard is just standing there with a blank face, not in the the converastion or into it all, giving the expression that "this is stupid, we should do it my way, this way isnt going to work"

its just horrible, and i hate every interview, it makes me want to punch a hole into my TV this guy is so fake.

my god he doesnt deserve to be a laker, anyone would of been glad to join this glorious franchise. i cant believe he say he had to think about it. acting like he's one of the best to ever play.

dude needs to just put all this BS behind and play, wether he gets 5 points or 30 points. hes going to have all the time to pad his stats later on, but if hes going to continue to have this demeanor i dont want this guy on our team.
LooN3y

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:41 am

^^^well he did it agains the Suns, let see if he keeps it up or goes back to crying about post touches before we pitch fork him out of town 1st :man10:
khmrP

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:02 pm

My god, that was a clinic. The dude is fundamentally sound.

SOUND

Offensively he's 2.0x10^8 better than Howard.

Defensively, Howard is better. Ok. No more in the Howard thread.
Chillbongo

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:51 pm

Bynum is gone, he's not even playing, get over it already.

GoldenKnight

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:28 pm

LOL there's nothing wrong with discussing him on CL especially because he was once a Laker. We still talk about Shaq.

But yeah, not in the Howard thread.

Here's to hoping Howard has a night tonight!
Chillbongo

Postby Savory Griddles on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:02 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:Man this thread is annoying, full of long paragraphs & people who somehow think we can do better than Dwight until 2014. Not gonna happen we need him, he is not healthy, he will be next season. He will mature just as Kobe & Shaq did. Give the guy a damn break already he just put up 19 & 18 on a bad back & shoulder. He will find his place on this team.

:bow:

Outside of LBJ, Durant or CP3, who would you rather build your team around going forward? Maybe Kyrie Irving or Derek Rose? (Too soon to tell on either to be honest). I mean, who else is out there? Who are the other franchise players? 34 yr old Dirk, Deron Williams, Carmelo, Rondo, Love, Aldridge..would you honestly take any of those guys over Dwight? Obviously no one is saying we sign JUST Howard and no one else. Howard needs a partner who has the intangibles that he doesn't. But you need to get the first star before you can get the second.

People are quick to say, "We don't want Dwight because he doesn't have the leadership qualities, he has too much drama, etc. Let him walk in the offseason." But who do we get to lead the team instead?
Savory Griddles

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Savory Griddles wrote:

:bow:

Outside of LBJ, Durant or CP3, who would you rather build your team around going forward? Maybe Kyrie Irving or Derek Rose? (Too soon to tell on either to be honest). I mean, who else is out there? Who are the other franchise players? 34 yr old Dirk, Deron Williams, Carmelo, Rondo, Love, Aldridge..would you honestly take any of those guys over Dwight? Obviously no one is saying we sign JUST Howard and no one else. Howard needs a partner who has the intangibles that he doesn't. But you need to get the first star before you can get the second.

People are quick to say, "We don't want Dwight because he doesn't have the leadership qualities, he has too much drama, etc. Let him walk in the offseason." But who do we get to lead the team instead?

I'm still not giving a huge max contract to Dwight to be a maybe 2nd star to another possible star signing. I'm not going to say that we should sign Dwight by default because he's the best name available . That not how you win championships, throwing money at the only available guy, and saying "eh, who else are we gonna sign" is a terrible argument. I'd rather roll with no one, throw money at free agents in 2014, start drafting well and rebuild, rather than just paying a big name to take up all the cap room and lead us to nothing special.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:17 pm

^^ Its a tough situation and I guess I'm not sure which side I'm on.

Is Dwight worth the max based on what I've seen this year? I dont think so.

But we've always built our teams around a dominant center, and I have to agree with most people that even though THIS Dwight is diminished, he's still the bets out there. And do we really want a motivated Dwight with another teamgetting UP for every game against us? (see; Shaq 2004)

I guess my fear is that we sign him for the reason above, and his attitude doesnt improve. What then?
phoenixrisingla

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard