D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:44 am

This is what a healthy Dwight does, right now he is a shell of his former self.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:33 pm

Legendary wrote:Stephen A. Smith is saying Dwight wants out of L.A., and that Dwight told Rudy Gay he's going to Brooklyn.

"Not happy being in L.A., not happy playing alongside Kobe."

Here's the podcast...go to about the 33:47 mark. http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=8948652

Transcript is HERE.

Take it for what it's worth.

So he hates kobe that much to sign with bk for vet min? :freak2:
Last edited by khmrP on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:34 pm

khmrP wrote:
Legendary wrote:Stephen A. Smith is saying Dwight wants out of L.A., and that Dwight told Rudy Gay he's going to Brooklyn.

Here's the podcast...go to about the 33:47 mark. http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=8948652

Transcript is HERE.

So he hates kobe that much t9 sign with bk for vet min? :freak2:

Yeah Dwight, Kobe's the problem. :nono2:

If this reports is true, its time. Get this guy out.
phoenixrisingla

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:51 pm

I would still trade him if he truly doesn't want to be here, I would still think you could get Kevin Love for Dwight somehow, even if in a 3 team trade.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby TheOp on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:56 pm

Weezy wrote:I would still trade him if he truly doesn't want to be here, I would still think you could get Kevin Love for Dwight somehow, even if in a 3 team trade.

And why would some team trade a key player for Dwight to get him for less then half a season at while hes playing with less then half effort.

I know people want Dwight gone but start being a little realistic. No team in their right mind trades anything significant for a half year rental.
TheOp

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:56 pm

DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:01 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:If i see Dwight fastball another 6ft hook shot at the backboard, I'm going to throw my TV out the window.

:man10: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:11 pm

TheOp wrote:
Weezy wrote:I would still trade him if he truly doesn't want to be here, I would still think you could get Kevin Love for Dwight somehow, even if in a 3 team trade.

And why would some team trade a key player for Dwight to get him for less then half a season at while hes playing with less then half effort.

I know people want Dwight gone but start being a little realistic. No team in their right mind trades anything significant for a half year rental.

Well that's why I said 3 team deal, to be swung to a team he has said he'd go to, Brooklyn, Dallas, maybe Houston. I'm not an idiot I know Dwight can't be traded to any team, a team has to be willing to rent him for 30 games or so or be on his list of teams he'd re-sign with.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Lopez to Minn
Love/Fillers to us
Howard to Bk

he can half arse it out there with his other half arsing butt buddy Dwill
khmrP

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:33 pm

REALLY wish I didnt watch that.

I'm trying to stay grounded, but I'm starting to not be able to stand to hear this guy talk. Same with MDA.
phoenixrisingla

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby JLaker17 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:35 pm

Its kind of funny that Dwight hates playing with Kobe so much, considering that Kobe probably has sacrificed more than anyone to try and make this work.
JLaker17

Postby Punk-101 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:36 pm

Horford, korver, harris for Howard, duhon, Blake. It would keep Smith in atl to be with his best buddy. Then see what we can get for pau's expiring in the summer.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby trodgers on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:36 pm

JLaker17 wrote:Its kind of funny that Dwight hates playing with Kobe so much, considering that Kobe probably has sacrificed more than anyone to try and make this work.

Yes.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby quartzcharm on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:37 pm

When the going gets tough, Dwight Howard folds. I won't miss this guy.
quartzcharm

Postby borri on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:40 pm

The irony in all this is, what D12 wants is what he left in ORL. :freak2:
borri

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:40 pm

T.O. wants to play for another team because it's someone else's fault. Big ups T.O.

He'll never win anywhere because when the going gets tough, he folds like a 5 dollar lawn chair.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:41 pm

With the current state of management here, I don't blame him.

But he needs to grow up if he wants to win a championship. He won't be the focal point on a contending team.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby TIME on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm over Dwight.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby DuddlyDoRight on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:54 pm

I really didnt expect this attitude, hes a spoiled little whiner, and now, I want him gone.
NO EXCUSES FOR DWIGHT "I WHINE AND MOAN ALL THE TIME" HOWARD
DuddlyDoRight

Postby Punk-101 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:57 pm

TIME wrote:I'm over Dwight.

I'm absolutely, positively set on not committing to this guy. Trade him or let him walk. I wouldn't even want a heathy Dwight because he's not happy here and he's a cancer, imo. Here's my blame pie of why he's not happy: 60% never wanted to be here in the first place as was widely reported, 20% he's frustrated with his injuries, 10% he doesn't mesh with Kobe's personality and style of play, 10% he doesn't like MDA's system and his role.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:05 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:

Transcript is HERE.

Ok, I may be listening/hearing this wrong, but if I've heard Stephen A. Smith correctly, he said that Dwight told Rudy Gay during a Toronto game he should have waited so they both could have played together in Brooklyn, right? I think that's what I heard.

Now, going from that, there was a report that when Rudy Gay was on the trading block awhile back he wanted to go too Orlando to team up with him. So, hey may in fact want to play with Dwight. No dispute from me. Where it gets sticky, and maybe I got this wrong, Stephen A said Dwight told Rudy Gay this during a Toronto game that we played recently.

First of all, the last time we played Toronto was on January 20th. Rudy Gay wasn't apart of the Raptors then; the trade was made afterwards. So, unless he informed Gay by text, by telephoning him or whatever form of communication Dwight decided to use I question the accuracy of Stephen A's version of this story.

Hell, Dwight might want to leave. He probably does for all I know. However, for an injury plagued 27-year old with a back issue that could always be there, he'd be insane to leave money on the table. But it's Dwight, so you never know...

This
Stephan usually has good sources but this one sounds made up to me
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:10 pm

If he hates playing with Kobe, then wouldn't that make the "Bond to Bromance" plane trip to Houston irrelevant? Not sure if I can believe this one too much.
Jazzygirl205

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:28 pm

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:

Transcript is HERE.

Ok, I may be listening/hearing this wrong, but if I've heard Stephen A. Smith correctly, he said that Dwight told Rudy Gay during a Toronto game he should have waited so they both could have played together in Brooklyn, right? I think that's what I heard.

Now, going from that, there was a report that when Rudy Gay was on the trading block awhile back he wanted to go too Orlando to team up with him. So, hey may in fact want to play with Dwight. No dispute from me. Where it gets sticky, and maybe I got this wrong, Stephen A said Dwight told Rudy Gay this during a Toronto game that we played recently.

First of all, the last time we played Toronto was on January 20th. Rudy Gay wasn't apart of the Raptors then; the trade was made afterwards. So, unless he informed Gay by text, by telephoning him or whatever form of communication Dwight decided to use I question the accuracy of Stephen A's version of this story.

Hell, Dwight might want to leave. He probably does for all I know. However, for an injury plagued 27-year old with a back issue that could always be there, he'd be insane to leave money on the table. But it's Dwight, so you never know...

This
Stephan usually has good sources but this one sounds made up to me
I'm not going to lie... this is solid detective work right here.

I was ready to just throw Dwight under the buss, and I still might, but you make an excellent point.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:33 pm

Punk-101 wrote:

I'm absolutely, positively set on not committing to this guy. Trade him or let him walk. I wouldn't even want a heathy Dwight because he's not happy here and he's a cancer, imo. Here's my blame pie of why he's not happy: 60% never wanted to be here in the first place as was widely reported, 20% he's frustrated with his injuries, 10% he doesn't mesh with Kobe's personality and style of play, 10% he doesn't like MDA's system and his role.

I'm so glad to not be alone in wanting Dwight to be shown the door as soon as possible. Some are still defending him, which is fine, but also calling us shortsighted and dumb, which I obviously feel is wrong. I think I am looking out for the franchises' best interest not wanting Dwight to stay.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:37 pm

Weezy wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:

I'm so glad to not be alone in wanting Dwight to be shown the door as soon as possible. Some are still defending him, which is fine, but also calling us shortsighted and dumb, which I obviously feel is wrong. I think I am looking out for the franchises' best interest not wanting Dwight to stay.

I'm fine with him staying as long as he's fine with staying.

Who's the next best big man? In fact, who's the next best Center we can get that's somewhere among the top big men? There isn't one. Big men are a premium and you need to keep the guy you get your hands on.

That being said, if he's serious about not wanting to be here. If he's 100% not re-signing I trade him now. I dont' think he's 100% anything and I don't think he walks away from 30 million so he's probably here forever.

In two years when we pair him with another star, all of this stupid drama will go away. Is he a winner? No. but neither was Shaq until he had a young Kobe Bryant and a young Dwayne Wade. Maybe Dwight isn't a winner until we find him his young running man.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard