D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby last stand on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:56 pm

Shadow wrote:I wouldnt necessarily say Kobe had a "better relationship" with Bynum. Difference was that Bynum was mentally tough to shut most of it down and move on forward. Howard on the other hand is a little on the sensitive side.

pretty much. had kobe said to dwight what he said to bynum in 2007 it would have been a real ordeal. instead of how bynum just shrugged it off

you can also see it in their handling of injuries. bynum was able to come back optimistic and keep pushing forward, howard has clearly been mentally beaten up by his injury. he has to take a more optimistic approach
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby ChumsGum on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Man, even at the All Star Game Howard had no heart. What's his damn problem? Old Timmy Duncan was more active.
ChumsGum

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:15 am

ChumsGum wrote:Man, even at the All Star Game Howard had no heart. What's his damn problem? Old Timmy Duncan was more active.

He isn't himself physically & that's taking a toll on him mentally. Now we see it's not about effort, it's about how he feels about himself. He said he's still the best C at 75% but that's just him trying to reassure himself. Must be depressing to be where you are in terms of jumping, defending, scoring as opposed as where you used to be.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:17 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
ChumsGum wrote:Man, even at the All Star Game Howard had no heart. What's his damn problem? Old Timmy Duncan was more active.

He isn't himself physically & that's taking a toll on him mentally. Now we see it's not about effort, it's about how he feels about himself. He said he's still the best C at 75% but that's just him trying to reassure himself. Must be depressing to be where you are in terms of jumping, defending, scoring as opposed as where you used to be.

This.

As an athlete who has gone through serious, traumatic injuries I can relate to what Dwight's going through. He's in a tense situation, on a team where a lot is going on and none of it good... Then you factor in his physical instability and it's not surprising that his mental game has taken such a massive dive.

That being said, there's a new field called sports psych that he should look into. There's literally thousands of people that he could go to that could help him recover from this mental break down.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby quartzcharm on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:37 am

That interview he did with DA about his 3 point shot...his whole dialogue was just weird...
quartzcharm

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:43 am

quartzcharm wrote:That interview he did with DA about his 3 point shot...his whole dialogue was just weird...

It was.. Sounded like he was forcing himself to have fun.
lakersin4

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:56 am

Bynum self-assertiveness all over again.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby hollywood swinger on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:53 am

nobody wants to admit it but backs don't get better. they generally stay the same and just have less pain or they get worse. one thing is for sure they NEVER EVER return to what they once were. D12 is damaged goods now. better dump him while you can get some quality for him.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Finwë on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:43 am

OK, by the start of the 2013-2014 season, where do you guys think Dwight Howard will be at physically?

a) Almost as freakish as he was before the back injury.

b) Not quite as athletic as he was before the injury, but closer to that.

c) Almost exactly the same as this season.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:42 am

hollywood swinger wrote:nobody wants to admit it but backs don't get better. they generally stay the same and just have less pain or they get worse. one thing is for sure they NEVER EVER return to what they once were. D12 is damaged goods now. better dump him while you can get some quality for him.

Well that's where you're wrong. Professional doctors spoke out in terms of the surgery Howard had & they all assured even though it will be tough & take patience he would be the same player he always was. It will take many months for his legs & back to regain the strength they had pre-surgery. Not only that, mentally is where he will have to be the strongest, without a positive mentality you're not giving your body the push it needs to defeat the odds. With a full summer after this season I believe Howard will regain those strengths & muscle. Don't forget he even lost a ton of muscle weight because he couldn't work out. This summer was wasted & for an athlete that's extremely important considering the 82 game season of jumping & battling.

GoldenKnight

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:43 am

Finwë wrote:OK, by the start of the 2013-2014 season, where do you guys think Dwight Howard will be at physically?

b) ... a) will never happen... the question is how the shoulder injury is going to influence his off season training
wcsoldier81

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:46 am

Finwë wrote:OK, by the start of the 2013-2014 season, where do you guys think Dwight Howard will be at physically?

I really think a full summer of working out & getting his body back will ultimately lead to Dwight coming back a whole lot stronger, I mean a totally different Dwight than this season's.

GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:58 am

FOR EXAMPLE: To the left we have healthy Superman in Orlando...when traded on August 10 2012 we got Dwight Howard post-surgery...notice the difference? Not only did he not have a summer to gain muscle but also had to test out his back & have to get used to fatigue as the season went. From now to then Dwight has come a long way but still very short of the Superman we all hoped to see.

Now check out this video from the beginning of the season, game 1 vs the Mavericks. Dwight blows a dunk that he would normally hammer, he simply could not jump & reach like before & it was evident.

Dwight still has ways to go, and not only with the back but also now with the shoulder, a torn labrum...

GoldenKnight

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:31 am

He needs to get that labrum fixed. Maybe the prolo will fix it, if its a small tear.

As for his back, he didn't have vertebra fused or anything crazy like that. He had a disc trimmed a tiny bit where it was herniated. He'll be back to near 100% by next training camp. Wherever that is.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby abeer3 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:36 am

this is super:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--chris ... 49498.html

among the lowlights:

When asked about the possibility of the Lakers moving Howard at the deadline, Kobe Bryant was devastatingly indifferent. "I don't know what they're going to do," he said Sunday. "At this point, it doesn't matter."

Rest assured, Bryant and Howard didn't spend this All-Star weekend bonding the way Bryant and Andrew Bynum did a year ago. Bryant doesn't ask Howard about his future, nor does he sell him on re-signing. The trade deadline is Thursday, but the organization still hasn't come to Howard with that ultimate question: Come July, are you in or out?

it's hard to imagine this season going much worse than it has. it's just been terrifying.
abeer3

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:39 am

Kobe wants to win now obviously while Dwight wants security...
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:43 am

Somewhere between "B" and "C" I think.

He'll never be what he was before his back surgery. His level of flexibility and explosiveness just won't ever recover.

But he can get a whole lot stronger this summer, nothing is holding him back from building muscle again. He might have to adjust his regimen because power lifting (like benching) might put stress on his back and make him uncomfortable, but he can certainly do cable workouts again.

He might never be "Superman" again, but he can certainly be the strongest Center in the league. Add that to still quite a lot of athleticism and hopefully he can get that "second bounce"-ability back.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:50 am

abeer3 wrote:this is super:

among the lowlights:

When asked about the possibility of the Lakers moving Howard at the deadline, Kobe Bryant was devastatingly indifferent. "I don't know what they're going to do," he said Sunday. "At this point, it doesn't matter."

Rest assured, Bryant and Howard didn't spend this All-Star weekend bonding the way Bryant and Andrew Bynum did a year ago. Bryant doesn't ask Howard about his future, nor does he sell him on re-signing. The trade deadline is Thursday, but the organization still hasn't come to Howard with that ultimate question: Come July, are you in or out?

it's hard to imagine this season going much worse than it has. it's just been terrifying.

Kobe is right. Our problem isn't talent. It's chemistry. Does trading Howard and bringing in a new face in the middle of February solve our chemistry issues? I doubt it.

If we trade D12, it's not going to be a move that necessarily helps us this season. It's more of a long-term investment for the future.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby KB24 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:22 am

among the lowlights:

Why are you manufacturing stories? there is nothing to talk about. Its silly. Move on.

/s

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:54 pm

KB24 wrote:

among the lowlights:

Why are you manufacturing stories? there is nothing to talk about. Its silly. Move on.

/s

MEDIA at its finest, they can SPIN anything you say ANYWAY they want :mad1: :bang: Kobe goes on that Bynum rampage of shipping him out and he gets blasted but yet now he doesn't want to "play GM" and its "devastingly" obvious he doesn't care for Dwight :freak2:
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:57 pm

I don't want to jump in with the media and actually read too much into little things, but wow at Dwight taking halfcourt hook shots before the game yesterday with his right arm, he looked so injured. :man11: He looked like he doesn't care is how he looked, all weekend he looked that way, in interviews, in the game, he looks exactly like he said, that basketball isn't fun right now.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:01 pm

It's drama fit perfectly for Hollywood :bang: . I just want them to win, screw everything else. I mean if basketball is their favorite sport, that's all that should matter is winning games and winning a title. Nothing provides a better feeling than winning a ring.
Jazzygirl205

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:25 pm

I'm totally convinced this guy is bad news and incapable of being a "go to" when times are tough FRANCHISE player. Look how he is handling this adversity. Nothing but drama and of all laughable things to repeatedly say, "he's not having fun" and that's what makes him "happiest". Think of the adversity to be faced in every playoff series to get to a championship, especially the finals. Injuries and nagging injuries, pressure off the charts and constant media scrutiny. This is not the droid you want.
LTLakerFan

Postby borri on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:16 pm

To this day, I still can't figure out why D12 was so unhappy in ORL.
borri

Postby kenzo on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:19 pm

If he goes elsewhere and gets healthy, we'll see a lot of crying about how good he is playing for his new team and how much he sucked for us.
kenzo

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard