D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: D12 Thread: Brushin' his shoulders off (Won't need surgery)

Postby therealdeal on Sat May 04, 2013 12:16 pm

I don't think Harden's opinions are a concern of the Lakers.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sat May 04, 2013 12:18 pm

What's that glorified role player going to say?

If you come here, we'll trade Asik to Kris Humphries entourage.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Sat May 04, 2013 12:22 pm

therealdeal-

You are right, but its interesting to see if it has any affect on Howard resigning with the Lakers. because Howard would fit in nicely with all the young talent the Rockets have.
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby The Rock on Sat May 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Please get the shoulder fixed. Dont try to take the alternate way out because you dont want to go under the knife...Dodgers pitcher had elbow soreness or whatever to end 2012, took some alternate medicine route, started 2013 with pain again, needed Tommy John surgery out for the year. Get it fixed in the offseason dont take shortcuts

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Sat May 04, 2013 12:34 pm

C0TT0NCANDY wrote:therealdeal-

You are right, but its interesting to see if it has any affect on Howard resigning with the Lakers. because Howard would fit in nicely with all the young talent the Rockets have.

You mean Harden? Outside of Harden they don't have a ton of young talent. Maybe Parsons has some room to grow.

Lin is average. Asik would have to be traded. Beverly? Pass.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Sat May 04, 2013 12:37 pm

The Rockets have a nice squad, they have some assets they can cash in to improve team + have capspace. Only thing is Dwight willing to take $30 mil less to go play on a team while being 2nd fiddle

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Sat May 04, 2013 12:39 pm

therealdeal wrote:You mean Harden? Outside of Harden they don't have a ton of young talent. Maybe Parsons has some room to grow.

Royce White/ Terrence Jones/ Greg Smith// Robinson... do not forget they have luxury to get a few more young talent in the draft this summer and try to get patch up salaries to get a star player this summer. I think the Rockets are the biggest threat if Howard bolts this summer..... they have young talent to cooperate Howard's game.... the Lakers are old and slow and if anyone saw any Laker games this season.... it affected Howard's play quite a bit.
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby The Rock on Sat May 04, 2013 12:40 pm

C0TT0NCANDY wrote:
therealdeal wrote:You mean Harden? Outside of Harden they don't have a ton of young talent. Maybe Parsons has some room to grow.

Royce White/ Terrence Jones/ Greg Smith// Robinson... do not forget they have luxury to get a few more young talent in the draft this summer and try to get patch up salaries to get a star player this summer. I think the Rockets are the biggest threat if Howard bolts this summer..... they have young talent to cooperate Howard's game.... the Lakers are old and slow and if anyone saw any Laker games this season.... it affected Howard's play quite a bit.

and yet the Lakers went 28-12 to overtake the Rockets in the standings, Mr. Rockets fan/ClutchFan board member

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Sat May 04, 2013 12:44 pm

The Rock wrote:and yet the Lakers went 28-12 to overtake the Rockets in the standings, Mr. Rockets fan/ClutchFan board member

There is no doubt the Lakers Improved there play during the 2nd half of the season, but talent wise the Rockets have the pieces and they are younger.

I still do not understand why the Lakers gave up all those draft picks in the Nash trade.... it might haunt us if there is star talent available in the mid-late 1st round slot.
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby The Rock on Sat May 04, 2013 12:47 pm

C0TT0NCANDY wrote:
The Rock wrote:and yet the Lakers went 28-12 to overtake the Rockets in the standings, Mr. Rockets fan/ClutchFan board member

There is no doubt the Lakers Improved there play during the 2nd half of the season, but talent wise the Rockets have the pieces and they are younger.

I still do not understand why the Lakers gave up all those draft picks in the Nash trade.... it might haunt us if there is star talent available in the mid-late 1st round slot.

2014 is by far the deepest draft, a few 2013 "stars" have stayed in school and wisely the Lakers have their 2014 pick, good sir. Dont forget.

2013 is worthless weak draft, small price to pay to add Steve Nash

Rockets may be younger but Lakers have more history, every Hall of Fame caliber big man that came to the Lakers in their primes have won a championship...Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Gasol. What track record do the Rockets have?

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Sat May 04, 2013 12:49 pm

C0TT0NCANDY wrote:

White hasn't played in the NBA and likely won't, Jones is extremely average, Smith is average, Robinson looks like a bust so far. Young players don't mean talented, just young.

Outside of Harden there's no clear compliment to Howard on that team. Maybe Parsons, but he fits with everyone.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Sat May 04, 2013 12:52 pm

I'm not a Rockets fan, but it's easy to praise there young talent. I hope the Lakers have something up there sleeve for the 2014 draft, as you said the Lakers have the 1st round pick for the 2014... so it's interesting to see what happens.
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Sat May 04, 2013 12:54 pm

therealdeal wrote:White hasn't played in the NBA and likely won't, Jones is extremely average, Smith is average, Robinson looks like a bust so far. Young players don't mean talented, just young.

Outside of Harden there's no clear compliment to Howard on that team. Maybe Parsons, but he fits with everyone.

I agree to a degree, but they can always use Asik/Lin to bring in a star player to compliment Howard/Harden/Parsons.
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby The Rock on Sat May 04, 2013 12:55 pm

C0TT0NCANDY wrote:
therealdeal wrote:White hasn't played in the NBA and likely won't, Jones is extremely average, Smith is average, Robinson looks like a bust so far. Young players don't mean talented, just young.

I agree to a degree, but they can always use Asik/Lin to bring in a star player to compliment Howard/Harden/Parsons.

Why would any team give up a star for Asik and Lin? I can tell you're from Clutchfans you guys overvalue your players like crazy Lol

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Sat May 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Like I said, I'm not a Rockets fan, but it's easy to comprehend why the Rockets are the biggest threat to obtain Howard, they can dangle there young pieces to bring in a star player. the Lakers do not have the assets the Rockets have unfortunately.
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby The Rock on Sat May 04, 2013 1:00 pm

C0TT0NCANDY wrote:Like I said, I'm not a Rockets fan, but it's easy to comprehend why the Rockets are the biggest threat to obtain Howard, they can dangle there young pieces to bring in a star player. the Lakers do not have the assets the Rockets have unfortunately.

Assets Assets. Morey verbage. Busted :)

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Sat May 04, 2013 1:03 pm

Why do you think I'm a Rockets fan? I just think the Rockets have the flexibility to bring in star talent, the Lakers do not have many assets... and they are over the cap to do any S&T unless they amnesty Kobe and somehow trade Pau for a big K.

the Rockets have the ability to do a S&T... the Lakers do not have that luxury.
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Sat May 04, 2013 1:07 pm

And the reason why I'm even discussing the Rockets is because they are the biggest threat to obtain Howard unless another X Team comes up with a master plan.
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby therealdeal on Sat May 04, 2013 1:28 pm

C0TT0NCANDY wrote:I'm not a Rockets fan, but it's easy to praise there young talent. I hope the Lakers have something up there sleeve for the 2014 draft, as you said the Lakers have the 1st round pick for the 2014... so it's interesting to see what happens.

We don't have any 1st round pick in 2014.

And it's not that easy to praise them when they won less games than us in our worst year ever.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sat May 04, 2013 1:40 pm

^^^ We have our 1st round pick in 2014. We don't have our 2013,2015,2017 1sts.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Sat May 04, 2013 1:41 pm

Yeah, this year was awful no doubt about it. I just hope with Kobe likely out until Jan/Feb the Lakers bring in the much-needed depth at the back-court. that is why someone like Wesley Matthews make's sense until Kobe returns from his Injury...
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby therealdeal on Sat May 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Doc Brown wrote:^^^ We have our 1st round pick in 2014. We don't have our 2013,2015,2017 1sts.

Yeah that was my mistake. I read 2014 but my brain said 2013.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby abeer3 on Sat May 04, 2013 3:35 pm

yung talentz!!!
abeer3

Postby Weezy on Sat May 04, 2013 4:06 pm

abeer3 wrote:yung talentz!!!

Real subtle there. :man10:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Sat May 04, 2013 4:34 pm

who would have thought that a houston rockets fan would join the board.

as if posting on here is going to make it more likely that howard signs in houston.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand