Daily Drew: UPDATE 8-28..Kupchak to Atlanta to check on him

Postby pd23 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:23 pm

I think he is going to come back with 2 games left in march and he will get a total of 10 games under his belt befor the playoffs. He should be fully up to speed by the second round, lets hope Houston falls to 8th and doesn't fall out of the playoffs and we stay as the 1 seed. This way it gives Bynum 4 or 5 more games to get all the kinks out.
pd23

Postby kevinwiz on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:27 pm

DarthRekal wrote:Mar. 30... cause im going to THAT game :jam2:
+1
kevinwiz

Postby kobe_luver on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:39 pm

weakbomb wrote:Last news is Andrew Bynums last position is uncertain. When will he return is unknown.

It is not nearly as ominous and you sound.

This is where that info is from and when you read the whole thing it is not bad at all.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/51105/20080226/bynum_still_doesnt_have_timetable_for_return/

Bynum said there wasn't much swelling left in the knee, that he's walking "normally" and that he worked on his strength and balance Monday.

He is running in the swimming pool.

When Bynum was first injured, the Lakers said he'd be out a minimum of eight weeks. But there now is no timetable for his return, though he's not expected back until some time later in March.

"There's no pressure on me to come back," Bynum said. "I definitely want to get back 100 percent. That's what I plan to do, however long it takes. I still that I could make the eight-week deadline, but I'm not going to force it."

There is more to the full article....go read it (be sure to click the link to read it all).

It is a very good read!! :jam2:
Last edited by kobe_luver on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE 2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

WE ARE 2010 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

WE WILL BE 2013 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
kobe_luver

Postby Nak on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:39 pm

so is he going to miss four months?
OJ MAYO, the next Laker superstar.
Coming soon
Nak

Postby shakin on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:43 pm

we're annihilating teams right now. playing exactly how we need WITHOUT BYNUM. we might be the #1 seed WITHOUT BYNUM.

why oh why is anyone saying this isn't our year or let's look at next year.

this year is OUR YEAR, don't forget it and don't deny. with or without Bynum we're going to raise another banner.
shakin

Postby KGB on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:45 pm

shakin wrote:we're annihilating teams right now. playing exactly how we need WITHOUT BYNUM. we might be the #1 seed WITHOUT BYNUM.

why oh why is anyone saying this isn't our year or let's look at next year.

this year is OUR YEAR, don't forget it and don't deny. with or without Bynum we're going to raise another banner.
sign
I used to post with the username 8got81_24gets101
KGB

Postby actos24 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:45 pm

I want him back at 100% not 99 but 100 because if he dislocates it again, which could happen with less ease since the fluid now built up in his knee, then he will have this problem till the end of his career
"To me he is the best player in the world right now. That guy doesn't know fear at all. He doesn't care. He would have won it for the Americans single-handedly." Dirk Nowitzki on Kobe
formerly known as kroublees
actos24

Postby kobe_luver on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:45 pm

Nak wrote:so is he going to miss four months?

Woah...where did 4 months come from? :man4: :man4:

kobe_luver

Postby PnOySneakerBoi24 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:46 pm

just give him time... stop being so eager to get him back already... we'll eventually see him back in the lineup
PnOySneakerBoi24

Postby Alleyhoops on Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:24 pm

When the Lakers medical staff indicates that a player will return by April 1st, that translates in the real world to : SHOULD be ready by next training camp.
Alleyhoops

Postby kobeskater9 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:17 pm

Only come Back when your ready, don't rush it and get hurt coming back too early.
kobeskater9

Location: Hangin with Smart Alex drooling over megan fox pics

Postby bnr034 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:33 am

I heard that bynum is startin to run on the treadmill this week am i rite??
During the La Vs Heat game today via TNT
bnr034

Postby JSM on Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:39 am

^ No. He's running in the pool right now, 3 times a week. Next step is the treadmill. He isn't a big treadmill fan but is looking forward to it because that means he'll be closer to playing.

Not verbatim but it was something along those lines.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby remixed on Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:40 am

bnr034 wrote:I heard that bynum is startin to run on the treadmill this week am i rite??
During the La Vs Heat game today via TNT

Yeah. I think I remember him starting on the treadmill.

There is NO need to rush Bynum back. Even without him, this team can do so much damage. No need to mortgage our future because we think this is our last run.
remixed

Postby bnr034 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:41 am

thx on the clean up
bnr034

Postby Futuristic on Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:47 am

Barnstable wrote:I'd love for the Lakers to win it all this season, but getting a healthy Bynum back is much more important.

I'll give up a championship this season for a dynasty there after.

The Lakers can win now. The dynasty starts this year. Nobody knows who is going to get hurt next year. Win now baby!!!!
Futuristic

Postby ADT on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:18 am

Cheryl Miller said Hes been running in the pool and that Bynum said there is no swelling or pain whatsoever and that the knee is doing great!...he is looking forward to the treadmill because that would mean he is really close to coming back... :mhihi: :jam2: :bow:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

Formally known as: KobeOdom24/7

I Bleed Purple & Gold!!

Ship His A$$ out!
-Kobe Bryant on Andrew Bynum

ADT

Postby JoeBlow on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:30 am

If he is ready, we don't want him out longer than need be. The reason is that we need to work him back into the flow of playing sharply, which is hard if you are only tossed in a few games before the playoffs.

Also, his team mates need time to feel out the drastic change in the team's structure when he is able to take back the Center position. Gasol needs practice at PF and (more importantly) Odom needs practice at SF if Phil unwisely (IMHO) doesn't have him coming off the bench. These are all things that we don't want to experiment with in the playoffs... it needs to be down pat.
NBA fan critical of the Suns getting Shaq:
"The Suns should have traded Shawn Marion for Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Santa could have provided the size while the Easter Bunny has always been a quick defender. "
JoeBlow

Postby stacato on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:38 am

^ I think Phil will bring Drew off the bench for the first few games to ease him in and test different line up situations to see what works best. They have plenty of time before the playoffs start.
stacato

Postby sleepin4matty on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:43 am

stacato wrote:^ I think Phil will bring Drew off the bench for the first few games to ease him in and test different line up situations to see what works best. They have plenty of time before the playoffs start.

It still seems like he is 2+ weeks out anyways. I'm sure he will get in quite a bit of practice time before returning to the floor.

Just read this from the Gasol article.

Jackson said Bynum, who has been out about seven weeks, probably will come off the bench when he does return.

"Probably, that's the way it's going to have to start, with Andrew going six, eight minutes at a time rather than stepping into a starter's role," Jackson said.
sleepin4matty

Postby ADT on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:01 pm

How many weeks does he have to run in the pool?

No return date yet for Bynum
By Mike Bresnahan, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
February 29, 2008

The center is beginning a second week of jogging in a therapeutic pool in his recovery from a dislocated kneecap. He probably won't play until late March or early April.

Andrew Bynum began his second week of jogging in a therapeutic pool, although there still wasn't a specific target date for his return.

He hasn't started jogging on a treadmill, the next step in his rehabilitation, making a late March or early April return date more likely.

The Lakers, however, were not concerned with Bynum's overall progress.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

Formally known as: KobeOdom24/7

I Bleed Purple & Gold!!

Ship His A$$ out!
-Kobe Bryant on Andrew Bynum

ADT

Postby GinoDB on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:10 pm

He said himself that he expects to play 10-15 games, and he hasn't changed that statement , so by looking at the schedule, 10 -15 fits in right after the 4-game road-trip , we shud expect him to be back by then .
GinoDB

Postby kobe_luver on Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:51 pm

Bynum said in an interview during the Mavs game that he still has "a bunch of swelling in there" about his knee!! :man4:
Last edited by kobe_luver on Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

kobe_luver

Postby koolmo on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:00 pm

Bynum said in an interview during the game that he still has lots of swelling!!

Look like he will be out for the rest of the regular season]
koolmo

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:03 pm

He should be back at the beginning of April. Phil said he wants Drew to play few games before the playoffs to get into the rhythm. About swelling - there will be some swelling even when he's on the court. That's the nature of the injury. What is important is that he feels no pain now.

But we will have to play him in the playoffs, that's for sure. So, target date - April 02, vs Portland. Or if they want him to play only last 3 games - April 11 vs NOH.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard