Daily Drew: UPDATE 8-28..Kupchak to Atlanta to check on him

Postby Azn Pinoy on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:04 pm

I know some of you guys are worried, but he's going to have swelling in his knee no matter what until he's fully healed. He's rehabilitating by running on the pool and doing other exercises with his knee, it's going to cause swelling no matter what because of the rehab. The good thing is that he's getting further and further into his rehab process. For now, it's running the in the pool, up next is the treadmill (hopefully next week). Even then there's still going to be swelling.

As long as he's back to play a few games before play-offs, I'm fine with that.
Azn Pinoy

Postby Frank The Tank on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:06 pm

L4L wrote:With Gasol as our defensive anchor, I maintain what I said. Dallas is a better team especially now that they've added Jason Kidd. That adds a completely different dimension to their team.

Good call.
Frank The Tank

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:06 pm

He said: "There is no pain."

And that's what matters right now. Swelling will not disappear even after he starts playing. He will be fully healed after the playoffs.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:07 pm

Azn Pinoy wrote:I know some of you guys are worried, but he's going to have swelling in his knee no matter what until he's fully healed. He's rehabilitating by running on the pool and doing other exercises with his knee, it's going to cause swelling no matter what because of the rehab. The good thing is that he's getting further and further into his rehab process. For now, it's running the in the pool, up next is the treadmill (hopefully next week). Even then there's still going to be swelling.

As long as he's back to play a few games before play-offs, I'm fine with that.

Yeah....swelling is going to happen as part of the normal rehabilitation process...it shouldn't be a cause for concern.
kray28

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:11 pm

Lakerman91 wrote:
L4L wrote:With Gasol as our defensive anchor, I maintain what I said. Dallas is a better team especially now that they've added Jason Kidd. That adds a completely different dimension to their team.

Good call.

Dallas is maybe better than this Laker team that showed up on the court today. But I'm pretty sure we would look better with Radman - and he's coming back on Tuesday. More size, more shooting. It's kinda hard to imagine that Fisher, Sasha, and Radman are all off at the same time. We would simply have more options.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Azn Pinoy on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:12 pm

karacha wrote:
Lakerman91 wrote:

Good call.

Dallas is maybe better than this Laker team that showed up on the court today. But I'm pretty sure we would look better with Radman - and he's coming back on Tuesday. More size, more shooting. It's kinda hard to imagine that Fisher, Sasha, and Radman are all off at the same time. We would simply have more options.

It would spread out the defense more.
Azn Pinoy

Postby kevinwiz on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:14 pm

he just said on sports zone hes looking at 11 weeks total
kevinwiz

Postby GT1 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:15 pm

Wow! I can just imagine when Bynum gets back, teams have trouble with Gasol alone, now add another 7 foot 65% shooter. Damn, he'll be dunking all over the place.
GT1

Postby Booster on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Drew just said on ABC that it'll be eleven weeks,

(Not from now, but eleven since the injury occurred.)
Last edited by Booster on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Booster

Postby Joe_Blow on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:17 pm

karacha wrote:
Lakerman91 wrote:

Good call.

Disagree! Dallas, in this current incarnation, is NOT better than this LA team.

Believe it or not, we outrebounded them... that, with Ronny not having a terrific game. Likewise, a few of our key shooters had awful shooting games (the Machine's looking for oil, and Farmar didn't shoot all that well). You can add a number of things to that... Dampier playing out'a body, Lamar going ghost on the O end, etc.

Our O is MUCH better than it played today. What was important is the fact that while the O was sputtering, they were able to buckle down and win the game on the D end. Even with the shooters off, Gasol not having his best shooting night, they still won the game.

Not sure how you look at that and come away with Dallas being better.
Joe_Blow

Postby Azn Pinoy on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:18 pm

Booster wrote:Drew just said on ABC that it'll be eleven weeks,

(Not from now, but eleven since the injury occurred.)

Then that's the last week of March then (with games between the 23 and 30)...not that bad then.
Azn Pinoy

Postby stacato on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:18 pm

Yes I saw that interview just now. He said 11 weeks because he needs to strengthen the knee muscles. That makes it the end of March start of April , no?
stacato

Postby kray28 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:19 pm

karacha wrote:
Lakerman91 wrote:

Good call.

If Dallas is so much better, why can't they even beat pretty tired and injury hampered (Drew, Trevor, and Vlad out) Laker team?

Dallas didn't impress me too much...they played about even with us, and we played like crap.
kray28

Postby Azn Pinoy on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:20 pm

stacato wrote:Yes I saw that interview just now. He said 11 weeks because he needs to strengthen the knee muscles. That makes it the end of March start of April , no?

That's about right, mainly the end of March...I can wait until then.
Azn Pinoy

Postby kray28 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:20 pm

stacato wrote:Yes I saw that interview just now. He said 11 weeks because he needs to strengthen the knee muscles. That makes it the end of March start of April , no?

6 weeks now since he's been gone, and another 5 weeks to go....sounds about right.
kray28

Postby Frank The Tank on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:21 pm

karacha wrote:
Lakerman91 wrote:

Good call.

The good call was sarcastic btw. They definitely aren’t better than the Laker team that showed up on the court today. That's why we won. :man12:
Frank The Tank

Postby Lakowabysm on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:24 pm

He just stated that an added 3 week from today i think. good news even though he sounded low. maybe he's just sad cause he wants to play now and wanted to be involved in an intense game like today.

i'm less worried after hearing what he said.
Lakowabysm

Postby Radner on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:25 pm

The Lakers have a slight advantage over the Mavericks due to their lack of an inside presence. If they managed to keep Diop, I would consider the Mavericks better than us.

Gasol would have a tough time with a more versatile, taller, and longer defender.
Radner

Postby mapabu1 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:26 pm

I'm happy he said there is no pain.
mapabu1

Postby kray28 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:26 pm

Lakowabysm wrote:He just stated that an added 3 week from today i think. good news even though he sounded low. maybe he's just sad cause he wants to play now and wanted to be involved in an intense game like today.

i'm less worried after hearing what he said.

He should be back by mid-April (1st to 2nd week)
kray28

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:36 pm

Don't get me wrong: The only thing Mavs have on our team today is more depth. That's why I said they are maybe better. You know, playing on the road and all... with that said - I don't really believe they are better.

When we have Vlad - we are better. When we have Ariza and Bynum - we are much better. It's more about depth than anything else. You know Drew would abuse Damp on both ends on the floor, right? :man1:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakers323342 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:37 pm

Bynum said (post-game) that he is looking at a 3-4 weeks more as of today. There is swelling according to the interview during the game but no real pain.
Lakers323342

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:39 pm

So, that again means the beginning of April, right? 11 weeks total, 3 over the initial 8?

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakowabysm on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:41 pm

I guess after the pool exercises, all he needs is his explosion back, and it's all history.
Lakowabysm

Postby Lakowabysm on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:42 pm

karacha wrote:So, that again means the beginning of April, right? 11 weeks total, 3 over the initial 8?

yes
Lakowabysm

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard