Daily Drew: UPDATE 8-28..Kupchak to Atlanta to check on him

Postby blakeruns on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:15 am

L4L wrote:
kray28 wrote:LOL. The "new look" Mavs haven't even played a game yet, and you think they're better than the Lakers?

Dumb statements like this don't do much for your cred.

:man10:

You can't be serious?

My credibility is going to be affected by saying what I think? Well, I haven't been excommunicated for committing a worse sin than saying the Lakers aren't better than another; I've said I prefer James over Bryant.

With Gasol as our defensive anchor, I maintain what I said. Dallas is a better team especially now that they've added Jason Kidd. That adds a completely different dimension to their team.

L4L, you know i respect as much or more than anyother poster on this forum,
and your basketball analysis is much greater than mine...

but you SERIOUSLY prefer LBJ23 over KB24???

is that INDIVIDUALLY?

or a straight up swap, placing LBJ on our current squad?

im just :bang: reading that. i would love an intelligible response from you
to even try and convince me

(for the record, im a laker homer and Kobe is god :mhihi: )
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby L4L on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:18 am

This isn't really the thread blake, but I'm talking about if I'm building a team to win a championship this year, I'd take LeBron first because I think he's easier to build around and be a better fit in more systems than would Bryant. For this team? Bryant is easily the better fit because of the relationship with Phil, knowledge of the offense, and the fact we don't need another front court player.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby civilrage on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:40 am

just make it back for the western conference finals bynum!
Tuning/Breaking a Lancer for 5 + years
civilrage

Postby blakeruns on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:45 am

L4L wrote:This isn't really the thread blake, but I'm talking about if I'm building a team to win a championship this year, I'd take LeBron first because I think he's easier to build around and be a better fit in more systems than would Bryant. For this team? Bryant is easily the better fit because of the relationship with Phil, knowledge of the offense, and the fact we don't need another front court player.

understood (sort've)

as according to our Laker squad (as constructed) im sure you agree, KB is
THE MAN for what we have and what we want to do.

i know, its much easier, based on the NBAs talent pool, to build upon
an unseen DOMINANT sf like LeBron...

but really... if you had to build a team FROM SCRATCH, would you truly select
23 over 24???
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby L4L on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:58 am

Blake,

Yep.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Johnnyboy on Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:38 am

I know this might not be the best example but:

My brother in-law had the same exact injury when he was 25 years old and VERY athletic. Obviously not a pro, but def. above average.
He has alot of $ so he got good treatment and rehab. It took him 12 weeks just
to get the swelling to go down. And another 3-4 weeks to rehab. My guess is with all the PRO treatment Bynums getting and his age, he will be back in a total of 12 weeks. But that's just my personal opinion. When Bynum's injury was reported my brother was like "watch, it will be longer then 8 weeks" he was right.
Johnnyboy

Postby Satan on Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:41 am

Good.

The last thing I want is Bynum being rushed back before he's ready.

No reason to gamble many high caliber years in the future for a few extra weeks this year.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby kobe_luver on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:25 pm

Satan wrote:Good.

The last thing I want is Bynum being rushed back before he's ready.

No reason to gamble many high caliber years in the future for a few extra weeks this year.

I agree!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
WE ARE 2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

WE ARE 2010 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

WE WILL BE 2013 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
kobe_luver

Postby strikemode14 on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:40 pm

Translation: Gasol is here so no sense bringing him back to a game or two before the playoffs.

If we weren't playing so well I guaratee he back on the floor probaly before the timetable. However absolutely no reason why the lakers won't be a top 4 seed so they really don't need him right now.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby fusechris on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:53 pm

I'm so tired of the various media outlets saying confounding things in regards to Andrews rehab.
fusechris

Postby kobe_luver on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:23 pm

fusechris wrote:I'm so tired of the various media outlets saying confounding things in regards to Andrews rehab.

Me too!! :bang:

It's like a roller coaster ride of emotion. :man3:

Why the conflicting reports? They range from he is on schedule, to he is 1 week behind schedule, to Sky saying April. :man4:

Which do you all think is truest?

kobe_luver

Postby wallangong on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:39 pm

L4L wrote:
kray28 wrote:LOL. The "new look" Mavs haven't even played a game yet, and you think they're better than the Lakers?

You can't be serious?

My credibility is going to be affected by saying what I think? Well, I haven't been excommunicated for committing a worse sin than saying the Lakers aren't better than another; I've said I prefer James over Bryant.

With Gasol as our defensive anchor, I maintain what I said. Dallas is a better team especially now that they've added Jason Kidd. That adds a completely different dimension to their team.

i completely disagree. Dallas got marginally better with this deal. their interior defense is going to be a joke. i'd welcome a playoff matchup with the Mavs.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby L4L on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:44 pm

A Gasol and Odom interior defense is not exactly stifling.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby lakersfan08 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:53 pm

L4L,

Their defense (Pau and LO) is not stifling, but the team defense takes care of that. Team defense has been a very important part for our success so far.
lakersfan08

Postby westcoast21 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:55 pm

L4L wrote:

You can't be serious?

yes it adds a dimension to their team, but where is their interior D or their inside offense? Dirk Nowitzki cant spell defense and on the offensive side, he is money on that little fade away but for the most part he loves playing the top of the key or beyond the arc.

Their front line is Dampier/Nowitzki. Can you tell me that Bynum/Gasol is not better?

In a playoff matchup

Bynum > Dampier
Gasol = Nowitzki (Lets see how Gasol performs in the playoffs with Kobe, we all know how great dirk is in the playoffs :freak2:)
Odom > Josh Howard (Based on how Odom has been playing lately, nothing against Howard)
Kobe >>>> Whoever their shooting guard is
Fisher < Kidd (But Fisher is more consistant in terms of scoring)

The scary thing is that this upcoming post season, Kobe Bryant KNOWS he has a legit chance at the title now. You gotta know Kobe will come out with a new passion in the playoffs. As for Dirk, the Mavs star, lets see when he can actually not choke for once.

Not scared of the Mavs, not scared of the Suns, not scared of the Spurs.
Like The Rock would say, "Just Bring It!!!"
westcoast21

Postby PnOySneakerBoi24 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:56 pm

Everyone.. stop being so eager in Bynum coming back... if hes gunna be back april he'll be back april.. just give him time.. u dont wanna rush him and not play at a 100% by playoffs do you :man9:
PnOySneakerBoi24

Postby L4L on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:13 pm

westcoast21 wrote:Stuff

I said that under the assumption that Bynum was not coming back because that's what the "report" was at the time.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby L4L on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:16 pm

lakersfan08 wrote:L4L,

Their defense (Pau and LO) is not stifling, but the team defense takes care of that. Team defense has been a very important part for our success so far.

Our defense has not been close to impressive with Pau at C save two games which were against the Hawks and T-Wolves.

The most important part of team defense is a competent defensive anchor to erase mistakes made by perimeter defenders. That is the key component of team defense.

Gasol and Odom are not championship caliber anchors.

All the more reason why we need Bynum back for the playoffs.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby KB+KG=DOMINATION on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:45 pm

march 21st book it read my thread where i explain why
KB+KG=DOMINATION

Postby kobe_luver on Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:45 pm

Bynum said in his interview during the Clippers game tonight that he should take another 4-6 weeks to return. He also said April 1 is the best case scenario!

I hope that is just because they are being extra slow and cautious because they are winning without him.

It seems Sky was right when he said he would return in April.

kobe_luver

Postby Critical Beatdown on Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:47 pm

Get rid of him on your fantasy teams if you still have him, since he'll probably work in slowly and won't be of any use sitting on your bench until April 1 (playoffs usually kick in before or at that time).
...as I enter your mind, decorate and paint my sign...LA Lakers will be 2008-09 NBA Champions!
Critical Beatdown

Postby lakerfan2 on Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:52 pm

These words were

STRAIGHT FROM BYNUM'S MOUTH.

Not Phil, not the media, not the newspaper. This was during the Clippers game, couldn't get anymore current than that.

Bynum - "4-6 weeks"
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby revgen on Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:14 pm

East_LA wrote:Why is it taking so long for him to recover?

My guess is that it has something to do with him being 7'1 and having a huge frame. Perhaps it takes longer for bigger guys to heal.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby kobe244life on Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:20 pm

Critical Beatdown wrote:Get rid of him on your fantasy teams if you still have him, since he'll probably work in slowly and won't be of any use sitting on your bench until April 1 (playoffs usually kick in before or at that time).

guys, bynum wasnt the one that said april 1st, ireland said it and he just agreed. he says he will get 10-15 games under his belt before the playoffs so i dont think its panic time yet. same ol' thing has changed from prior news.
"Baron Davis called the Lakers "a machine" earlier in the season and if L.A. was an Apple IIc back when Davis made the comment a couple weeks ago, it's become a Mac PowerBook G4 by now."

Dave McMenamin
kobe244life

Postby EHL on Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:23 pm

He said two conflicting things; "before April 1st is best case scenario" and "I'll be back 10-15 games before the playoffs", which is between March 20th and March 28th.

If he's back by March 29th that will have been nearly 10 weeks. That's reasonable.
EHL

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard