Delonte West back to Mavs (Stein)

Delonte West back to Mavs (Stein)

Postby TwistedZone on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:22 pm

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
New story: The Lakers are eyeing Delonte West to bolster the bench http://es.pn/OlrIzJ

Whats really interesting though is the last paragraph were it says the Lakers proposal is still on the table to bring DH to L.A. that would mean the last roster-spot won't be consumed until Howard is traded to L.A. or Orlando keeps him.
TwistedZone

Re: Source: Lakers eye Delonte West

Postby khmrP on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:23 pm

TwistedZone wrote:
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
New story: The Lakers are eyeing Delonte West to bolster the bench http://es.pn/OlrIzJ

Whats really interesting though is the last paragraph were it says the Lakers proposal is still on the table to bring DH to L.A. that would mean the last roster-spot won't be consumed until Howard is traded to L.A. or Orlando keeps him.

doesn't that contradict your season tkt holder insider source?
khmrP

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Lakers Interested In Delonte West

The Los Angeles Lakers have expressed interest in free-agent guard Delonte West, according to a league source.

West, who turns 29 this week, averaged 9.6 points, 3.2 assists and 2.3 rebounds per game for the Dallas Mavericks last season. He appeared in just 44 games because of a fractured right ring finger and picked up one of the more bizarre fines in league history when he was docked $25,000 for giving Utah's Gordon Hayward a "wet willy."

West shot 46.1 percent from the floor and 35.5 percent on 3-pointers, and the Lakers view him as a versatile player who could back up both Kobe Bryant at shooting guard and Steve Nash at point guard while bringing his outside touch to a team that ranked 25th in the NBA in 3-point accuracy last year (32.6 percent).

The Lakers have had West, a career 37.2 percent 3-point shooter, on their radar ever since hiring Mike Brown as their coach last summer. West played for Brown on the Cleveland Cavaliers from the middle of the 2007-08 season through the end of 2009-10, serving as a key cog on a Cavs team that led the league in wins in consecutive seasons.

While the Lakers still have the mini mid-level exception available to sign an incoming free agent (starting at $3 million a season), general manager Mitch Kupchak told ESPNLosAngeles.com last week that he would be surprised if the team uses it.

That means the Lakers would only be looking to add the lefty combo guard for a one-year veteran's minimum contract, worth approximately $1.3 million for West, who has eight years experience.

West publicly has stated his interest in returning to the Mavs, but seeks a multiyear deal according to ESPNDallas.com's Jeff Caplan.

While there is clear interest from the Lakers' side, West's signing is not considered imminent as L.A. is wary about locking up its remaining open roster spots while a Dwight Howard deal -- that will surely be multi-player or even multi-team when eventually completed -- is still on the table.

Source: ESPN

Do it Mitch!!! :jam2:
Last edited by Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Alcindor on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:31 pm

He made 1.4 last year shouldn't be a big deal to take the min
Alcindor

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Can a team offer the vet min for more than one season? Like signing 3 years for the vet min?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:34 pm

therealdeal wrote:Can a team offer the vet min for more than one season? Like signing 3 years for the vet min?

the limit is 2 years
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Damian Necronamous on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Why not offer Delonte a 2yr/$4M deal? It's a fair deal that takes care of your 2nd string backcourt for the next 2 years. Delonte is a good player. I'd be very happy if we got him.

Plus, him and MWP together would be hilarious. There's no way they wouldn't end up being best friends.
Last edited by Damian Necronamous on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damian Necronamous

Postby Johnnyboy on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:34 pm

why would any real Laker fan want this nutjob on the Lakers squad? Dude is a headcase and a cancer. And he's not even that good.
Johnnyboy

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:35 pm

therealdeal wrote:Can a team offer the vet min for more than one season? Like signing 3 years for the vet min?

It would probably just be a 2 year / 2.6 million dollar deal. When split, it's vet. min. Personally I'd give him 2 years / 4 million.

2 million a year for a guy that can play two positions, can start, play defense, hit the 3 ball and is a great bench player......sign me up.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:36 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:

the limit is 2 years

Then poop, let's do that already. And honestly I'd totally blow the miniMLE on West for 2 years, but I understand not doing that.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:37 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:why would any real Laker fan want this nutjob on the Lakers squad? Dude is a headcase and a cancer. And he's not even that good.

So now we're not REAL Laker fans because we want Delonte on the team....... :man10:

Have fun with Blake/Glock then real Laker fan....
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:39 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:why would any real Laker fan want this nutjob on the Lakers squad? Dude is a headcase and a cancer. And he's not even that good.

because he is that good, at least alot better then the 2 summer league bums thus far and alot better than Blake. He is crazy though but hardly a cancer, only incident he had with teammates was beating up Von Wafer, and based on his rep and his Laker tenure I dont blame West for doing that :man10:
khmrP

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:40 pm

I'd rather have a guy who is a "nutcase" and is a good player than someone who isn't a headcase, but sucks.

The great thing about Delonte is he can both PG and SG. That way if Brown wants to run hus retarded two point guard with Blake and West we can somewhat get away with it.
Last edited by Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:41 pm

khmrP wrote:

because he is that good, at least alot better then the 2 summer league bums thus far and alot better than Blake. He is crazy though but hardly a cancer, only incident he had with teammates was beating up Von Wafer, and based on his rep and his Laker tenure I dont blame West for doing that :man10:

The only reason that went down IIRC was because Delonte was going too hard in practice and Wafer didn't want to play that physical and took offense to Delonte playing hard in practice. I think it involved posting up, there was a video......

Von was just being a b**** and didn't want to play physical. :man10:
Last edited by Doc Brown on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Brown

Postby Alcindor on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Considering our need for a combo guard, 2 mil per for 2 years is fine, use the MMLE.

Have Delonte shack up with Artest's family for a few months so he'll feel right at home in the coo-coo ward.
Alcindor

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:45 pm

PLEASE let it happen. He would be absolutely perfect. Backs up both guard spots...then we may not have to see stupid BLAKE ever step on the court. AND even if a Dwight deal happened, we wouldn't be taking back MORE players than what we'd be dishing out. If anything, we'd be sending out MORE than we'd be taking back in (I'd say we send out 4 players, and take back 3). So the delonte west signing would be irrelevant to any Dwight moves. If anything, Delonte coming in paves the way for Blake/McRob to be packaged in any Dwight deal. I sure hope that's the case....get Delonte, then Dwight, J-Rich and Duhon.

Nash/Delonte/Duhon/Morris
Kobe/JRich/Delonte/DJO
MWP/Kobe/JRich
Pau/Jamison
Dwight/Hill
FabFourLakers

Re: Delonte West

Postby JUST-MING on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:47 pm

JUST-MING

Postby kray28 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:49 pm

We need guard help in the worst way...but I'm not sure this is the best move we can make.
kray28

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Sign West, Jamison, Hill. Trade Bynum/Goudelock/Blake/McRoberts/Ebanks for Howard/Turkoglu.

Nash/West/Morris
Bryant/West/Odom
Artest/Turkoglu/Eyenga
Gasol/Jamison
Howard/Hill

Oh yeah. If they want us to take back Richardson, have them sign Ebanks to a 5 million dollar deal and send Eyenga too. Champs.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:51 pm

therealdeal wrote:Sign West, Jamison, Hill. Trade Bynum/Goudelock/Blake/McRoberts/Ebanks for Howard/Turkoglu.

Nash/West/Morris
Bryant/West/Odom
Artest/Turkoglu/Eyenga
Gasol/Jamison
Howard/Hill

Oh yeah. If they want us to take back Richardson, have them sign Ebanks to a 5 million dollar deal and send Eyenga too. Champs.

Orlando isn't trading Dwight anytime soon.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby khmrP on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:52 pm

kray28 wrote:We need guard help in the worst way...but I'm not sure this is the best move we can make.

something like Rush? I highly doubt that happens, he'll probably want the same deal Lee just got.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:52 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Sign West, Jamison, Hill. Trade Bynum/Goudelock/Blake/McRoberts/Ebanks for Howard/Turkoglu.

Nash/West/Morris
Bryant/West/Odom
Artest/Turkoglu/Eyenga
Gasol/Jamison
Howard/Hill

Dang, nice trade therealdeal! I like where your head is at!

Thanks. :jam2:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:53 pm

i can see delonte's tweet now:

ayy homies...i'm gUnna sign wit da La LeAkerz, purp n yellow all day. cant w8 to play wit da bes playa in da nBa, the bLack Mamba himself and wit 1 of da best PG of all time, i got they backs
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Murdock on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Lest say we sign him - we still need a back up 3 or rather starting 3 :D ... 3PT shooting one
Murdock

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Murdock wrote:Lest say we sign him - we still need a back up 3 or rather starting 3 :D ... 3PT shooting one

jamison can play at backup SF too.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Next

Return to The Graveyard