Derek Fisher to be bought out: any chance we bring him back?

Re: Derek Fisher to be bought out: any chance we bring him back?

Postby tttppp on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:40 pm

KeepBynum wrote:As bad as Fisher has been I'd rather have him than Blake. With Fisher at least you get great leadership and clutch shooting. With Blake you get nothing.

Lets not forget Blake's clutch performance last year in the playoffs.
tttppp

Postby brickshooter on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:55 pm

Doberman wrote:Sorry, but no. The difference between Fisher and Blake is that Blake knows when his shot isn't falling, you give up the rock to guys that have it going. Opposed to Fisher who just keeps jacking up bricks, leading to easy fast break buckets for the other team. I'd rather see Blake's 0 points on 0/2 shooting, instead of Fisher's 4 points on 2/10 shooting.

And on defense, Blake had a much better shot at staying in front of his man. If he got beat, he got beat at the rim, opposed to Fisher who got beat at the 3 pt line. Fisher is the worst player in the league, and not a single team wants him on their squad, despite all these "intangibles" that people talk about. No one has ever thought Blake was anything special, but people sure are deluded over Fisher's value.

This is lame. Refusing to shoot means that you are ZERO threat.

That means that your defender can now completely disregard you as threat and go and climb on either Kobe's back or Bynum's back throughout the entire game.

I don't care if Blake goes 0/10. But he better not take only 2 shots a night.
brickshooter

Postby Doberman on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:00 pm

brickshooter wrote:
Doberman wrote:Sorry, but no. The difference between Fisher and Blake is that Blake knows when his shot isn't falling, you give up the rock to guys that have it going. Opposed to Fisher who just keeps jacking up bricks, leading to easy fast break buckets for the other team. I'd rather see Blake's 0 points on 0/2 shooting, instead of Fisher's 4 points on 2/10 shooting.

And on defense, Blake had a much better shot at staying in front of his man. If he got beat, he got beat at the rim, opposed to Fisher who got beat at the 3 pt line. Fisher is the worst player in the league, and not a single team wants him on their squad, despite all these "intangibles" that people talk about. No one has ever thought Blake was anything special, but people sure are deluded over Fisher's value.

That means that your defender can now completely disregard you as threat and go and climb on either Kobe's back or Bynum's back throughout the entire game.

Your assessment of Blake is accurate, but it doesn't nothing to refute the fact that what Fisher did on the court was worse.
Doberman

Postby intuitivelOve on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:01 pm

Fisher released a statement saying he going to a contender. smh.
intuitivelOve

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:02 pm

I've seen plenty of assistant coaches participate in practice. Bringing Fish back in some capacity is a good idea. He can teach Sessions & be a vocal leader without ever putting a jersey on again. We've always been a class organization I'll be amazed if an offer isn't atleast made. If Fish still wants to go play somewhere else, I don't blame him. Go get your money, but we could really use that type of mentor for Sessions.
lakersin4

Postby Doberman on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:04 pm

intuitivelOve wrote:Fisher released a statement saying he going to a contender. smh.

They won't be a contender if he's on the floor. :man12:
Doberman

Postby tttppp on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:04 pm

brickshooter wrote:

This may not apply anymore, but in the triangle, you are supposed to shoot when you have the right shot. Passing up open looks because you are too scared, is a big no no in the triangle.
tttppp

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Hey...OK he's gone and you're happy but ease up a bit on the guy considering what he has meant to this club, even in recent years. Would you be confident plunking down a nice size bet that not a single team wants him on their squad? Really? I wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked up by a team in the hunt looking just for that kind of leadership and the value it would bring in the playoffs. Not saying I would put a big chunk of change either that he will be picked up but you seem so darn sure.

Tell you what.....friendly $10 bet. We can use Paypal :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby TIME on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:16 pm

KeepBynum wrote:No the new CBA prevents Fisher from returning to the Lakers this season.

Thread question answered.

General Fish talk can go in his thank you thread.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to The Graveyard