Derek Fisher is NOT a PG.

Re: Derek Fisher is NOT a PG.

Postby Doberman on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:40 am

Saby wrote:
As someone well versed in medicine, I reassure you that it is in no way a premature assertion to draw correlation between familiarity with medical staff and patient comfort, especially in circumstances and illnesses such as the one involved here.

Unless you're personally treating his daughter, yes it is. And even moreso on whatever the Lakers might consider doing with him.
Doberman

Postby Saby on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:44 am

Doberman wrote:
Saby wrote:
As someone well versed in medicine, I reassure you that it is in no way a premature assertion to draw correlation between familiarity with medical staff and patient comfort, especially in circumstances and illnesses such as the one involved here.

Unless you're personally treating his daughter, yes it is.

The magnitude of the misconception you are proposing cannot be understated. The doctor-patient relationship in such cases transcends the leading practitioner with whom the initial contact would have been made, and, by very reasonable extrapolation, almost always involves an entire healthcare team. This again revolves back to what I said earlier.
Saby

Postby Doberman on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:07 am

Saby wrote:The magnitude of the misconception you are proposing cannot be understated. The doctor-patient relationship in such cases transcends the leading practitioner with whom the initial contact would have been made, and, by very reasonable extrapolation, almost always involves an entire healthcare team. This again revolves back to what I said earlier.

And the arrogance of your presumption cannot be understated. It's presumptuous of you to presume to know anything regarding THEIR relationship due to your profession. You don't. Furthermore, and to the point, you don't know what the Lakers may or may not consider when moving Fisher. My presumption is as good as yours. So get off your high horse.
Doberman

Postby Saby on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:42 am

Doberman wrote:
Saby wrote:The magnitude of the misconception you are proposing cannot be understated. The doctor-patient relationship in such cases transcends the leading practitioner with whom the initial contact would have been made, and, by very reasonable extrapolation, almost always involves an entire healthcare team. This again revolves back to what I said earlier.

And the arrogance of your presumption cannot be understated. It's presumptuous of you to presume to know anything regarding THEIR relationship due to your profession. You don't. Furthermore, and to the point, you don't know what the Lakers may or may not consider when moving Fisher. My presumption is as good as yours. So get off your high horse.

Brushing over your personal prejudice, your assertion that I either implied or stated I know the Lakers' entire considerations is incorrect. I simply raised a known factor, implied its relevance and left open to discussion the impact such factor would have. The modality has only been high on your end.
Saby

Postby 24fanyes on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:27 am

Just cut him and let him retire and he can live in LA all he wants... just not play for the Lakers anymore
24fanyes

Postby borri on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:05 am

I must apologize to Farmar for giving him crap on this board for wanting to leave LAL so bad.

Dude knew there's no way in he hell he would play more minutes than Fish, even though he was a better player. Can't imagine what Blake feels like for the past 2 years. Beyond frustrating, i can only surmise.

Fish was DONE last year. Fish was never ever an NBA caliber starting PG or SG. Fish is one lucky SOB i gotta say. The TRI made his career.
borri

Postby kray28 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:03 pm

In 2009, Fish getting ejected/suspended for the Game 2 hit on Scola was probably the single biggest reason we beat Houston. It allowed Farmar to start and play a strong game against Aaron Brooks and help the Lakers win at Houston and take back home court in the series. If Fish had started that game...it would have been a disaster.

Even in 2010 (when he came through with Game 3 @ Boston and hit the big three to tie in Game 7), Fisher had had a horrible regular season, followed by an almost equally horrible playoffs. Anyone remember the OKC series? Kobe and the drained knee taking the assignment to cover Westbrook?

Why Kobe has Fish' back like he does is mystifying...he is one of the prime victims of Fish's inability to get it done. Just tells you that Kobe is fiercely loyal...makes me wonder if CP3 could even have started over FIsh.

Not saying Farmar was the answer, but watching year after year as Fish kept his starting spot...despite joke level performance must have been hard to deal with. I don't blame him for wanting to leave.

Similarly, Blake would without doubt work better with more playing time and a vote of confidence as the starter. Playing as the backup is going to hamper him greatly.
Last edited by kray28 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kray28

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:06 pm

Saby wrote:
Doberman wrote:

Brushing over your personal prejudice, your assertion that I either implied or stated I know the Lakers' entire considerations is incorrect. I simply raised a known factor, implied its relevance and left open to discussion the impact such factor would have. The modality has only been high on your end.

Saby, I think you're my new favorite poster. Move over, PlennT.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:06 pm

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby diehard on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:21 pm

The video above says it all...Fisher is pathetic. Thanks for all he has done :jam2: ...but it's over!!! Come on Mike Brown, make it so!
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall."

Ron Artest: Is it freaky if your girl has a barbed wired thong and comes in the room with plastic sporks? Twitter
diehard

Postby kray28 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:58 pm

If Fisher truly is "character driven", then it starts with being honest with himself about his limitations.

A lot of people of here rip Luke like no one's business, but at one point Luke had the honesty and integrity to go to Phil and asked to be benched in favor of the better player for the team (Trevor Ariza).

Will we see such a team play from a guy like Derek Fisher?
kray28

Postby 24fanyes on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:04 pm

people around the league think Kobe is old and done and that he should retire and Yet Fish is still playing alongside him :man10:

this is becoming comical.... like u said kray, he should be honest with himself and retire. You could tell he was pissed that he didn't get much PT against the Bulls. I was rather happy about it
24fanyes

Postby KB&AB on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:53 pm

kray28 wrote:In 2009, Fish getting ejected/suspended for the Game 2 hit on Scola was probably the single biggest reason we beat Houston. It allowed Farmar to start and play a strong game against Aaron Brooks and help the Lakers win at Houston and take back home court in the series. If Fish had started that game...it would have been a disaster.

Even in 2010 (when he came through with Game 3 @ Boston and hit the big three to tie in Game 7), Fisher had had a horrible regular season, followed by an almost equally horrible playoffs. Anyone remember the OKC series? Kobe and the drained knee taking the assignment to cover Westbrook?

Why Kobe has Fish' back like he does is mystifying...he is one of the prime victims of Fish's inability to get it done. Just tells you that Kobe is fiercely loyal...makes me wonder if CP3 could even have started over FIsh.

Not saying Farmar was the answer, but watching year after year as Fish kept his starting spot...despite joke level performance must have been hard to deal with. I don't blame him for wanting to leave.

Similarly, Blake would without doubt work better with more playing time and a vote of confidence as the starter. Playing as the backup is going to hamper him greatly.

If Fisher truly is "character driven", then it starts with being honest with himself about his limitations.

A lot of people of here rip Luke like no one's business, but at one point Luke had the honesty and integrity to go to Phil and asked to be benched in favor of the better player for the team (Trevor Ariza).

Will we see such a team play from a guy like Derek Fisher?

Good post. I have read some of your posts. You are one of my favorite posters.
KB&AB

Postby Doberman on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:57 pm

Saby wrote:
Doberman wrote:

Semantics.
Doberman

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:05 pm

The play where Fish had a wide open Ebanks, and I mean wide open as can be, at the top of the key, but declined to pass it to him and went up into 4 Kings for a charge is still making me mad today. Outrageous.

Multiple miscues like that would get a younger player benched.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby LakerPride247 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:11 pm

The Rock wrote:

That was hilarious when it happened. He's beyond terrible right now. He is the worst starting point guard the Lakers have ever had since I became a fan back in the 80's. I can't wait until he's officially done.
“This contract with Joel Anthony is a testament to the man who is second to none; who has worked hard and deserved this,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We felt that what he has done over the last couple of years in developing his game, his body and his knowledge warrants this reward. If other NBA non-drafted free agents want a prototype to follow, Joel Anthony is that man."

Heat President/Acid abuser Pat Riley
LakerPride247

Postby LakerPride247 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:19 pm

therealdeal wrote:Popeye? Is that supposed to be some sort of insult? :man10: Wow that's good.

You were asked to come here and hang out and you don't want to do it, that's cool. My supplements and I will continue reaching new heights of fitness that you can come be a part of if you'd like. Long Beach is beautiful and the gym is nice. I'd love for you to come see me. If you recall, you were the one who made the challenge, but why should I abandon the place I love to go to Dallas of all places? Ruin the quality of living? Is that another insult? You're doing well here and you're lucky I haven't given you a warning yet for baiting and attacking.

Please, by all means keep pushing though.

LOL..."New heights of fitness". Nice one there. That's some FR stuff...lol. Give me a warning. Heck ban me. I don't really care because it's an internet message board. If your fragile ego can't handle being laughed for posting something ridiculous, that's your problem. You were asked first to show up here and you declined. Hilarious to see you continue doing your best lion routine from the Wizard of Oz.
“This contract with Joel Anthony is a testament to the man who is second to none; who has worked hard and deserved this,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We felt that what he has done over the last couple of years in developing his game, his body and his knowledge warrants this reward. If other NBA non-drafted free agents want a prototype to follow, Joel Anthony is that man."

LakerPride247

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:24 am

LakerPride247 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Popeye? Is that supposed to be some sort of insult? :man10: Wow that's good.

You were asked to come here and hang out and you don't want to do it, that's cool. My supplements and I will continue reaching new heights of fitness that you can come be a part of if you'd like. Long Beach is beautiful and the gym is nice. I'd love for you to come see me. If you recall, you were the one who made the challenge, but why should I abandon the place I love to go to Dallas of all places? Ruin the quality of living? Is that another insult? You're doing well here and you're lucky I haven't given you a warning yet for baiting and attacking.

LOL..."New heights of fitness". Nice one there. That's some FR stuff...lol. Give me a warning. Heck ban me. I don't really care because it's an internet message board. If your fragile ego can't handle being laughed for posting something ridiculous, that's your problem. You were asked first to show up here and you declined. Hilarious to see you continue doing your best lion routine from the Wizard of Oz.

I'm old and not hip at all so I have no idea what FR stuff is so i'll take it as a compliment! Thank you! I don't care about you in the slightest and I'm not advocating for your ban because you mean less than nothing to me. My ego is so strong that I have absolutely no problem letting you know anything about me and the way I work in the gym. I recently leg pressed over 1000 lbs. for the first time in a long time. I benched 315 not too long ago. I'm proud of those accomplishments. You're calling me a coward. That's sweet. I hope you understand that others have taken notice to your attacks. I don't give a damn so I haven't done anything about it, although I could, but others have seen the immaturity you've shown here. Rest assured that your contributions to this site do not outweigh the fact that you're openly attacking a member of this board.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakerPride247 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:07 pm

therealdeal wrote:
LakerPride247 wrote:

I'm old and not hip at all so I have no idea what FR stuff is so i'll take it as a compliment! Thank you! I don't care about you in the slightest and I'm not advocating for your ban because you mean less than nothing to me. My ego is so strong that I have absolutely no problem letting you know anything about me and the way I work in the gym. I recently leg pressed over 1000 lbs. for the first time in a long time. I benched 315 not too long ago. I'm proud of those accomplishments. You're calling me a coward. That's sweet. I hope you understand that others have taken notice to your attacks. I don't give a damn so I haven't done anything about it, although I could, but others have seen the immaturity you've shown here. Rest assured that your contributions to this site do not outweigh the fact that you're openly attacking a member of this board.

LOL at that entire diatribe. What a joke.

LakerPride247

Postby Doberman on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Doberman

Postby odom1year on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:23 am

The Rock wrote:

:man10: What a funny move. Better to see bricking shots.
odom1year

Postby revgen on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:40 am

But...But...But...He hustled for loose ball!!
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Well Fish has officially gone off the reservation....stating that he is in fact a PG and not a triangle PG. Article below. I'll highlight the statement that makes me shake my head at this guy.

I've always preferred to have five or six assists as opposed to one or two. This system will allow me to facilitate more plays," he said.

The guy has never averaged 5 or 6 assists ever in his career. He is lucky to break 4 assists a couple seasons and is averaging 3 assists for his career. How delusional is this guy? How can he average 5 or 6 when he never did playing in an open offense in Golden State, not in Utah either, not on the Lakers. If he didn't do it then, then he is sure not going to now. I like Fish and respect him, but the guys thinks he can average 6 assists still, the guy can't even start for any other team in the league right now.

That's exciting. To make a play for somebody else is as exciting to me as hitting a shot myself.

Really Fish since when have you made a play for somebody else? You mean the transition long 2's you occasionally hit, the jumpers at the beginning of the shot clock, the driving iron man layups into 4 people. The only thing he is facilitating is offering an opportunity for his teammates or the other team to get a rebound.

Rest of the article is here.....http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/25413/derek-fisher-says-hes-a-point-guard-not-a-triangle-point-guard
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby revgen on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:35 pm

I know Fisher believes in himself, and don't fault him for that. Players should believe in themselves.

It's up to the coaches to make the proper call as to who is best suited for starting. It's Mike Brown's responsibility to understand who is best suited for being the starting PG. Not Fisher.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:48 pm

Agreed on the Mike Brown part. I think were slowly starting to see him realize that as well. Sitting Fisher for Blake in crunch time yesterday was big given how well Blake was playing. Hopefully we see more of that from here on out.

I don't fault him for believing in himself, but there is a fine line between believing in yourself and lying to yourself. Fish believes he can still play, but so do these old veterans that are trying to make it back to the NBA in the D-league right now, Iverson probably still believes he can drop 20 a night. They and Fish can believe all they want, which every person no matter what they do should, but averaging 5-6 assists and making plays for others is a a full out lie considering he hasn't done that for all of his career.

It's just frustrating seeing Fish be the number 1 guy when number 2 (Blake) and number 3 (Morris) are better than him.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard