Derek Fisher is NOT a PG.

Re: Derek Fisher is NOT a PG.

Postby Showtime'sDynasty on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:57 pm

Time to use that TPE and get a real PG. No more Dwight talk, no more SF talk. GET THIS TEAM A REAL PG :man2:
Showtime'sDynasty

Postby GoldHammish on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Time to retire. Dude is a liability out there on both sides of the ball. At least with Artest, he's still above average on the defensive side of things, but with both of them out there on the same time, it's like we're playing 3-on-5 on offense.
GoldHammish

Postby The Rock on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:00 pm

They need to make him the backup SG. Make Blake the Starting PG and make Goudelock the backup PG and let him handle the ball. Let remain be a spot up shooter or something he literally cant do anything else right now

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Finwë on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:13 pm

^^ Exactly.
I think fish would be better if he dribbled less. My solution is to start steve blake (which is also better for spacing and outside shooting) and have fish come in with goudelock. Goudelock and fish split the task of bringing the ball up the court, fisher tries to be the regulator and feeds it to the bigs while goudelock gets some consensus to play his game, look for his shot.

My starting 5 would be:
Blake
Kobe
Barnes
Gasol
Bynum

The second unit would be:
Fisher
Goudelock
Ebanks (if he's alive, I can't think of another reason for him to vanish from the rotation like that other than the fact he's dead)
Murphy/ McBobs (same as Ebanks)
Bynum/Gasol (depending on matchups)

MWP is taken out of the rotation until he earns his minutes showing a will to get back to NBA caliber level (or something remotely close). He should be working out ALL THE TIME, shooting 3s, working on post-up drills, shooting free throws, until he comes close to a Laker worthy player.

Kapono remains out of the rotation unless there is an injury or our 3pt shooting becomes even worse.

Morris is watched closely during practice and if he shows improvement he should have an opportunity to go out there and play.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Doberman on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:23 pm

^^^ Not a bad idea but that still doesn't account for him on defense. He was getting burned by old man Ray Allen tonight. He couldn't keep up with someone that's supposed to be bigger and slower.
Doberman

Postby trodgers on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:25 pm

I really, really like Fisher has a human and as a player. I just can't believe that he's a starter any longer. Backup? He might be very good. But he can't be our starter and chief consumer of Minutes at the PG spot. This was one of the worst games I've ever seen him play.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby KB&AB on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:33 pm

I am sick of hearing lakers fans say Fisher should be benched because he is old. No!
Its because HE SUCKS. Steve Nash is old but he's still GOOD! Damn please get Deron Williams now!
KB&AB

Postby dj vitus on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Kinda reminds me of that one year when Farmar absolutely blew game after game after game. Constantly negative in the +/- stat sheet. Constantly. Just couldn't stand it anymore. This year, it's Fish. :bang: And MWP. :bang: :bang:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby KB24 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:11 am

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:20 am

His pathetic performance was summarized by the play where he tipped the ball instead of securing the rebound in the 4th quarter ... which gave those guys a extra possession and 2pt in a very close defensive game
wcsoldier81

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:22 am

Love what Fish has done for this origination. He played a key role in 5 NBA titles, but at some point as a coach you gotta realize he is simply not good enough and you have to bench him. He seriously needs to consider retirement. 
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby LakerBoyz24 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:47 am

He's been too old to play for quite some time. He definitely doesn't deserve a starting position atm but neither does any of the bench players(who would be bench players on any other team also)
LakerBoyz24

Postby JGC on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:46 am

Blake with Goudelock off the bench. Fisher in for a few mins here and there. If BlaGou isn't getting it done, Fisher can get the OK to play in the closing minutes. He's been more clutch down the stretch than Kobe the past two seasons!
JGC

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:49 am

Got to give Blake more minutes than Fish. Splitting them isn't reasonable any more. Fish is killing us out there much of the time. I'd shoot for about 28 minutes for Blake. Fish just shouldn't play more than 20.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby exzacklyright on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:36 am

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
exzacklyright

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:42 am

why does he need to play at all? Just put on a suite/tie and help Kuster draw up plays cause, Potatoe head need all the help he can get in that dept.
khmrP

Postby VincentTH on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:13 pm

khmrP wrote:why does he need to play at all? Just put on a suite/tie and help Kuster draw up plays cause, Potatoe head need all the help he can get in that dept.

+1. Agree 100%. Fisher's biggest help to the Lakers is to retire and join the coaching staff. Fish, for the sake of the organization, do this before the Trade Deadline!!!!!
VincentTH

Postby Whatthef? on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Fisher is the worst guard in the NBA and yet Brown continues to start him. :bang:
Whatthef?

Postby Doberman on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:47 pm

Die.
Doberman

Postby odom1year on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Can't blame Fisher this game...EVEN Kobe can't guard Lin.
odom1year

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:03 pm

odom1year wrote:Can't blame Fisher this game...EVEN Kobe can't guard Lin.

i can blame him for all the other stuff. "oops bricked a three? no big deal i got the ball right back to me, now i'll send it off the side of the backboard. awesome."
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:06 pm

Not only is he not a PG, he's no longer an NBA player. Freaking Schumpert is better than him.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby escobar8 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:07 pm

i would give all money i have to some newsreporter...
if he asked...mike,kobe or mitch...what doesnt mean for lakers,having one of the worst pg starting...
escobar8

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:11 pm

think john stockton will come out of retirement for us? would probably be at least a twofold improvement.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:19 pm

He is officially costing us games single handedly.

Well maybe not, but the guy is awful. Mitch needs to find a replacement now or we're a first round exit.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard