Derek Fisher is NOT a PG.

Re: Derek Fisher is NOT a PG.

Postby escobar8 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:24 pm

^^
to bad he didnt sign d.west...he is geting fisher minutes in dal...and posting in 23min 8.3p 2.5r 3.5a 1.4st on 43-37-90%
escobar8

Postby Balance&Options24 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Is his contract up after this season?
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby brickshooter on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:50 pm

OMG. We simply can't sign Arenas because we have Fish shutting everyone down.

And hey, it's not his fault that out of no where the backboard jumped up and blocked his shot!
brickshooter

Postby GinoDB on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:05 pm

as fans we need to step up guys, we need to give Fisher the Kwame treatment
GinoDB

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Balance&Options24 wrote:Is his contract up after this season?

No his contract expires after next season.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:10 pm

Change the thread title to, "Derek Fisher is in fact a Walking Corpse"
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:38 pm

does this guy know he's a NEGATIVE impact on the floor? I mean dam even a blind man could see this guy does NOTHING in fact less than nothing, his bad shooting on top of his bad D is the BIGGEST detriment to the team winning. Its stupid game winning shots like he hit against Dall that makes it worse because it makes his head that much bigger, thinking he can do anytime when in fact he is the major reason we get into close games like that. WTF is it with Brown and Phil love for this guy. Its a DAM JOKE! Retire already you Freakin A-Hole
khmrP

Postby lotus on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:40 pm

He doesn't look interested. Like he has no confidence.
lotus

Postby KB&AB on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:06 am

:man10:
KB&AB

Postby KB&AB on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:09 am

KB24 wrote:Image

lol
KB&AB

Postby borri on Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:07 am

Fish can't contribute offensively for us. But he sure as hell is an awesome catalyst for opposing offenses.
borri

Postby dood23 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:07 am

This is the guy we sit in favor of Fisher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaJ_mdTE ... r_embedded
dood23

Postby JGC on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:26 am

dood23 wrote:This is the guy we sit in favor of Fisher

To be fair, Goudelock has worse court vision than Fisher does, FWIW. I love Glock as an energy wild card offensive option off the bench, kind of like a Nate Robinson a few years ago, but man that kid has blinders on when it comes to passing and creating.

The sad part is, we don't have a SINGLE player who can break down and penetrate the defense off the dribble. And please, don't say Kobe. Kobe rarely does that, I mean, I've seen him go on a 2 on 2 mini fast break and he has to pull the ball out.
JGC

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:47 pm

The worst thing about Fisher is he's in huge denial regarding his level of play ... he probably thinks he's still a starting caliber PG in this league right now ... I remember a couple years ago Fisher getting badly owned (as usual) by every PG he was facing , a reporter asked him about his struggles and Fish replied with a straight face " I still can keep it up with these young PGs" .

He should be unselfish and just retire for the good of this team but I guess he doesn't think he's badly hurting this team
wcsoldier81

Postby JGC on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:49 pm

^ I think he's doing what he can, but what he can do is clearly not enough. It's gonna have to be up to Mike Brown to make some changes there. Let's hope he puts Blake in with Glock backing him up.
JGC

Postby Forward Three on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:03 pm

Fish had that one sequence last night where he actually did a really good job keeping Lin in front of him for pretty much the entire shot clock and then he was whistled for a foul with 3 seconds to go. Beyond that, nothing he did last night was good.
Forward Three

Postby Forward Three on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:10 pm

Fish has many unique attributes for a point guard, but he is also just dated. Perhaps the biggest evolution the league has seen in the last 10 seasons is the rise of the super-guard. There has been such an influx of point/combo guards who are athletic freaks, aggressive about scoring, sort of professional street-ball handles and exhibition caliber court vision. It's just becoming the standard point guard type these days and where Fisher's attributes did him well for much of his career(not that he was ever a stand-out player necessarily, but under Phil he was at least effective for his part) we're fast seeing how he is not only becoming too old, but also just sort of obsolete.

His two most noteworthy peers, Chauncey and Nash still found ways to be effective largely because their games were always more centered around quarterbacking, playmaking and passing. Fisher, a point-center, as I like to call him, doesn't exactly have those chops to fall back on.
Forward Three

Postby 24fanyes on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Can the Lakers cut him already?

and nobody even talks about it after games in the media. The old fart will cling on as long no1 is saying anything to him. Make his "President of the Players Assoc." a full time job.

seriously this blind loyalty for him is frankly pissing me off..

I hear people say "Oh he has heart" blah blah blah

F him, IDC if he is Kobe's best friend on the team or not.. just cut him already!

ok i kno you can't cut him but can we make an exception??????????????
24fanyes

Postby 24fanyes on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:41 pm

GinoDB wrote:as fans we need to step up guys, we need to give Fisher the Kwame treatment

i just made a thread about cutting him yet the Mods locked it within 10 mins....

i guess the mods love D fish too smh
24fanyes

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:47 pm

JGC wrote:

To be fair, Goudelock has worse court vision than Fisher does, FWIW. I love Glock as an energy wild card offensive option off the bench, kind of like a Nate Robinson a few years ago, but man that kid has blinders on when it comes to passing and creating.

The sad part is, we don't have a SINGLE player who can break down and penetrate the defense off the dribble. And please, don't say Kobe. Kobe rarely does that, I mean, I've seen him go on a 2 on 2 mini fast break and he has to pull the ball out.

Bryant was creating off the dribble/penetrating the defense just fine at the start of the season. Then he stopped getting the calls and started shooting jumpers. I also think fatigue is a factor.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby TIME on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:51 pm

24fanyes wrote:
GinoDB wrote:as fans we need to step up guys, we need to give Fisher the Kwame treatment

i just made a thread about cutting him yet the Mods locked it within 10 mins....

I guess you are pretty much clueless.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:54 pm

24fanyes wrote:

You come into a Derek Fisher thread and cry about the mods locking your thread about Derek Fisher.... :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby 24fanyes on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:56 pm

^ and to complain about him...

OP change the title thread to what mine was "CUT FISHER NOW" :man10:

maybe it will catch on and some1 can give that piece of crap a clue
24fanyes

Postby thkthebest on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:58 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
JGC wrote:

Bryant was creating off the dribble/penetrating the defense just fine at the start of the season. Then he stopped getting the calls and started shooting jumpers. I also think fatigue is a factor.

I don't know about "just fine". He got stripped a lot of times doing that. He generally draws double teams when he's posting up now.

Nobody does penetrate though. I've seen Artest actually make some moves to the basket once in a while, but the dude cannot finish. Lol. He jumps like 2 inches and gets blocked.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby dood23 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:15 pm

right now you literally can't do worse than fisher. worse court vision is a problem that can be helped by getting more minutes. with goudelock already being a better player, you basically hit the ground running.
dood23

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard