Derek Fisher is NOT a PG.

Re: Derek Fisher is NOT a PG.

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:57 pm

LakerPride247 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I don't hate Derek. I don't know how any self respecting Laker fan can type that and still call themselves a fan after all this guy has done for us.

I don't think he should be playing basketball anymore, but that doesn't mean I hate him. Geez.

Lol...

Yet again you provide excellent insight.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby John3:16 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:57 pm

therealdeal wrote:I don't hate Derek. I don't know how any self respecting Laker fan can type that and still call themselves a fan after all this guy has done for us.

I don't think he should be playing basketball anymore, but that doesn't mean I hate him. Geez.

True. I love what he's done over the years. But he's done. I don't think it'll be a graceful exit either. He truly believes he can still play and expects to start and play the majority of minutes.

I'd trade him in package for a PG or Howard.
John3:16

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:01 pm

John3:16 wrote:

True. I love what he's done over the years. But he's done. I don't think it'll be a graceful exit either. He truly believes he can still play and expects to start and play the majority of minutes.

I'd trade him in package for a PG or Howard.

I would too, but it would hurt to do it. I was hoping this guy would swallow his damn pride and step down, but he won't do it. It's too bad.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldHammish on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:01 pm

I think a more accurate way to voice what most people are thinking about Fisher right now is that we hate his inability to perform at a high enough level to warrant the amount of minutes he's getting right now.
GoldHammish

Postby LakerPride247 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:03 pm

therealdeal wrote:
LakerPride247 wrote:

Lol...

Yet again you provide excellent insight.

Hey the "Moral Highground" has made an appearance again tonight!!!! Nice to see you here again. I look forward to the continued thumbing of your nose at posters on here. I'm still waiting on you to show up at a gym in Dallas...lol.
“This contract with Joel Anthony is a testament to the man who is second to none; who has worked hard and deserved this,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We felt that what he has done over the last couple of years in developing his game, his body and his knowledge warrants this reward. If other NBA non-drafted free agents want a prototype to follow, Joel Anthony is that man."

Heat President/Acid abuser Pat Riley
LakerPride247

Postby kray28 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:04 pm

GoldHammish wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Crosses himself over.

Ohh man that had me rolling on the ground. Hilariously pathetic.

Queens announcers credited that one to superb defense by Tyreke Evans. No...it was just Fisher tripping over his own feet.
kray28

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:06 pm

LakerPride247 wrote:Hey the "Moral Highground" has made an appearance again tonight!!!! Nice to see you here again. I look forward to the continued thumbing of your nose at posters on here. I'm still waiting on you to show up at a gym in Dallas...lol.

I don't know how you've made it this long baiting posters, but it's hilarious. Am I supposed to be insulted that I take the moral high ground? I love that. It's something I take pride in so thank you. I don't thumb my nose at posters, I post my opinion. If someone's opinion is something I find ridiculous, I have every right to say my piece about it.

I'm still waiting for you to come around Long Beach and hang out with me. I'd love it.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby ggamannom on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:06 pm

i'm hoping this game gives mike brown enough evidence to justify sitting fisher down for the season
ggamannom

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:07 pm

GoldHammish wrote:

I think a more accurate way to voice what most people are thinking about Fisher right now is that we hate his inability to perform at a high enough level to warrant the amount of minutes he's getting right now.

And I absolutely agree. I don't think he should be seeing any playing time right now, the guy simply can't play anymore. He's too old. He needs to step down and allow guys like Darius Morris to play.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:07 pm

Ugh,,,this is the fourth season in a row that I've been calling for Fish's head. He's like a leech...he won't let go. He's outlasted all the competition too. I mean, Farmar never got to start because of him, and now Blake is in second unit purgatory in a similar way.
kray28

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:10 pm

He's definitely hitting new lows right now.
Lakerjones

Postby LakerPride247 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:10 pm

therealdeal wrote:
LakerPride247 wrote:Hey the "Moral Highground" has made an appearance again tonight!!!! Nice to see you here again. I look forward to the continued thumbing of your nose at posters on here. I'm still waiting on you to show up at a gym in Dallas...lol.

I don't know how you've made it this long baiting posters, but it's hilarious. Am I supposed to be insulted that I take the moral high ground? I love that. It's something I take pride in so thank you. I don't thumb my nose at posters, I post my opinion. If someone's opinion is something I find ridiculous, I have every right to say my piece about it.

I'm still waiting for you to come around Long Beach and hang out with me. I'd love it.

You were asked FIRST to show up here and you declined. Get back on those supplements Popeye and head to Dallas like you were asked to do BEFORE you said anything about where you live/ruin the quality of living.
Last edited by LakerPride247 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“This contract with Joel Anthony is a testament to the man who is second to none; who has worked hard and deserved this,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We felt that what he has done over the last couple of years in developing his game, his body and his knowledge warrants this reward. If other NBA non-drafted free agents want a prototype to follow, Joel Anthony is that man."

LakerPride247

Postby 24fanyes on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:10 pm

get this bum off the team NOW

IDC if he is laker family or not get him the F out :mad1:
24fanyes

Postby cthroatgtr on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:11 pm

Enough on the DFish hate. DFish should have been a career backup. His skill set is that of a backup player in the league. Yet somehow he has been a starter more than a backup. That isn't his fault. Blame the F/O for not finding any legitimate PG to move him to the bench. Blake too should only be a backup. Jimmy/Mitch swung for the fences and and the commish stepped in but geez backup plan???
cthroatgtr

Postby LakerPride247 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:13 pm

24fanyes wrote:get this bum off the team NOW

IDC if he is laker family or not get him the F out :mad1:

He needs to go, but I think the Lakers are just stuck with him for this year no matter what. I do believe that at some point Mike Brown will permanently bench him, but he's showed restraint thus far. I don't care much for Blake either, but at some point he'll start and we'll see Morris get some minutes that would've been relegated to Fisher.

LakerPride247

Postby 24fanyes on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:13 pm

Fish has been riding Kobe for wayyyyyyyy too long...

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] his *ss out :man2:
24fanyes

Postby NawtKool on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:16 pm

cthroatgtr wrote:Enough on the DFish hate. DFish should have been a career backup. His skill set is that of a backup player in the league. Yet somehow he has been a starter more than a backup. That isn't his fault. Blame the F/O for not finding any legitimate PG to move him to the bench. Blake too should only be a backup. Jimmy/Mitch swung for the fences and and the commish stepped in but geez backup plan???
We're not angry at the fact that the FO gave us DFish instead of someone like, oh let's say CP3 ( :mad1: ).
We're angry at the fact that our two back up PGs are better than our starting "back up" "PG".

I love Fish and all, but no way should the man be playing 30 min at any given game in this season.
NawtKool

Postby LakerPride247 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:17 pm

24fanyes wrote:Fish has been riding Kobe for wayyyyyyyy too long...

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] his *ss out :man2:

Kobe has carried this backcourt for at least a decade. At this point I'm willing to bet that even the Black Mamba would be okay with seeing someone else start alongside him in the backcourt if it meant the Purple and Gold were winning. Fisher is at the Old Yeller stage of his career right now and it's not pretty.

LakerPride247

Postby ggamannom on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:18 pm

when is fisher's contract up?
ggamannom

Postby khmrP on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:19 pm

Fish ego/pride is on par with Kobe with 1/20th of the talent...pretty sad....hate his gm but dont hate the man though but he is very very selfish imo based on his shot selections unfortunately the turd backing him up seems just to be as useless :bang:
khmrP

Postby ThaEntrepreneur on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:21 pm

I love Fisher, and have a deep level of respect for him, but he cannot be our starting PG. He is 37.

Time to get an elite PG. Blake is not the answer. We need to trade Bynum for Deron Williams now.
ThaEntrepreneur

Postby kray28 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:22 pm

ggamannom wrote:when is fisher's contract up?

Fish has this year and next.
kray28

Postby LakerPride247 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:23 pm

ThaEntrepreneur wrote:I love Fisher, and have a deep level of respect for him, but he cannot be our starting PG. He is 37.

Time to get an elite PG. Blake is not the answer. We need to trade Bynum for Deron Williams now.

I don't like trading a big for a small, but this would be better than when Kobe wanted to ship his arse out for Kidd. At least this time we'd be getting the best PG in the game in return.

Yes that means I think more highly of Williams than I do of Paul and it's due to the difference in size.

LakerPride247

Postby escitnj on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:29 pm

karacha wrote:I really respect Fish for his leadership, his work ethics and everything he's done for this team. I really do. With that said -- the guy can't play anymore. He is officially done. If there were any doubts about that last year, they are now gone.
"I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant."

-Kobe Bean Bryant

"Basketball, unlike football with its prescribed routes, is an improvisational game, similar to jazz. If someone drops a note, someone else must step into the vacuum and drive the beat that sustains the team."

PHIL JACKSON, The Last Season
escitnj

Postby Smexiitofu on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:31 pm

So.... missed shots.... offensive player just completely passes him and of course he fouls. His career is over. Sometimes I recall that one moment when he said he still wanted to play after his current contract was up and laugh to myself.
Smexiitofu

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard