Derek Fisher is NOT a PG.

Re: Derek Fisher is NOT a PG.

Postby magicman32 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:37 pm

Fisher should be a 3rd string PG. Blake would be a solid backup. We need a starting PG so bad.

My fear is that we're stuck with this old and slow group of PGs.
magicman32

Postby Larry14r on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:46 pm

ThaEntrepreneur wrote:I love Fisher, and have a deep level of respect for him, but he cannot be our starting PG. He is 37.

Time to get an elite PG. Blake is not the answer. We need to trade Bynum for Deron Williams now.

I think Gasol will be traded before Bynum bcause Gasol is falling apart mentally, and the Houston deal would look good right now.
Larry14r

Postby Larry14r on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:48 pm

magicman32 wrote:Fisher should be a 3rd string PG. Blake would be a solid backup. We need a starting PG so bad.

My fear is that we're stuck with this old and slow group of PGs.

And thank Sterin for that.
Larry14r

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:24 am

LakerPride247 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
LakerPride247 wrote:Hey the "Moral Highground" has made an appearance again tonight!!!! Nice to see you here again. I look forward to the continued thumbing of your nose at posters on here. I'm still waiting on you to show up at a gym in Dallas...lol.

I don't know how you've made it this long baiting posters, but it's hilarious. Am I supposed to be insulted that I take the moral high ground? I love that. It's something I take pride in so thank you. I don't thumb my nose at posters, I post my opinion. If someone's opinion is something I find ridiculous, I have every right to say my piece about it.

I'm still waiting for you to come around Long Beach and hang out with me. I'd love it.

You were asked FIRST to show up here and you declined. Get back on those supplements Popeye and head to Dallas like you were asked to do BEFORE you said anything about where you live/ruin the quality of living.

Popeye? Is that supposed to be some sort of insult? :man10: Wow that's good.

You were asked to come here and hang out and you don't want to do it, that's cool. My supplements and I will continue reaching new heights of fitness that you can come be a part of if you'd like. Long Beach is beautiful and the gym is nice. I'd love for you to come see me. If you recall, you were the one who made the challenge, but why should I abandon the place I love to go to Dallas of all places? Ruin the quality of living? Is that another insult? You're doing well here and you're lucky I haven't given you a warning yet for baiting and attacking.

Please, by all means keep pushing though.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:55 am

He has hit a new low ... He can't even bring the ball up to halfcourt without losing it
wcsoldier81

Postby ragesince1516 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:25 am

Fish please just go and take Luke with u. :bang:
As good as anybody, much much better than most.
ragesince1516

Postby ragesince1516 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:25 am

Fish please just go and take Luke with u. :bang:
As good as anybody, much much better than most.
ragesince1516

Postby Saby on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:57 am

In regards to trading him or using the amnesty clause, I would think that his daughter's condition may play a role in the decision-making there. It is, after all, why he came here from Utah.
Saby

Postby Doberman on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:03 am

Saby wrote:In regards to trading him or using the amnesty clause, I would think that his daughter's condition may play a role in the decision-making there. It is, after all, why he came here from Utah.

You're saying we're morally obligated to keep him employed due to a personal issue, even though his work performance is hurting the company?
Doberman

Postby Saby on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:07 am

Doberman wrote:
Saby wrote:In regards to trading him or using the amnesty clause, I would think that his daughter's condition may play a role in the decision-making there. It is, after all, why he came here from Utah.

You're saying we're obligated to keep him employed just because he has a personal issue, even though his work performance is hurting the company?

I'm implying the Lakers will probably display greater class than to shun a veteran to an area where he will not be able to treat his daughter for a serious medical issue that transcends a mere game. They are not, however, obligated to play him serious minutes or hurt their franchise.
Saby

Postby Doberman on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:13 am

Saby wrote:
Doberman wrote:

You're saying we're obligated to keep him employed just because he has a personal issue, even though his work performance is hurting the company?

I'm implying the Lakers will probably display greater class than to shun a veteran to an area where he will not be able to treat his daughter for a serious medical issue that transcends a mere game. They are not, however, obligated to play him serious minutes or hurt their franchise.

How will him not being with the team prevent his daughter's treatment? She's not required to be with him for every game, or any game for that matter.
Doberman

Postby thkthebest on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:14 am

Not sure what he's trying to say, but it doesn't even matter since nobody wants him. We're stuck with him.
thkthebest

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:20 am

Mike Brown please have the balls to stand up and bench this guy. Everyone is thankful for what he has done, but there comes a point where you have to move on. This you can start and play big minutes bc what you have done for me in the past crap has got to go.

The game is about putting the best people on the court, that you give you the best chance at winning. Playing Luke and Fish, is not doing that. Does Luke get any minutes any where else? Does Fish get any minutes anywhere else? If the question has to be asked, than the best people are not playing at this point.

The accolades and reputation of Derek Fisher is starting at this point, not the skill and play of Derek Fisher. If you want to honor the guy build him a statue, retire his jersey, don't play someone out of respect.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Saby on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:28 am

You're saying we're obligated to keep him employed just because he has a personal issue, even though his work performance is hurting the company?[/quote]

I'm implying the Lakers will probably display greater class than to shun a veteran to an area where he will not be able to treat his daughter for a serious medical issue that transcends a mere game. They are not, however, obligated to play him serious minutes or hurt their franchise.[/quote]

How will him not being with the team prevent his daughter's treatment? She's not required to be with him for every game, or any game for that matter.[/quote]

If his daughter were able to receive treatment irrespective of where he played, why did the Jazz facilitate his transfer to the Lakers when they had no interest in doing so? Clearly, there are some areas where it would be highly impractical for him to finish his career. The Lakers will probably consider that when/if they think about a trade or amnesty use.
Saby

Postby odom1year on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:29 am

Luckily, Fisher still can draw charging.
odom1year

Postby Doberman on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:37 am

Saby wrote:If his daughter were able to receive treatment irrespective of where he played, why did the Jazz facilitate his transfer to the Lakers when they had no interest in doing so? Clearly, there are some areas where it would be highly impractical for him to finish his career. The Lakers will probably consider that when/if they think about a trade or amnesty use.

Because at that time, his daughter's condition was just discovered and the immediate treatment was necessary to save her life. It worked. She's now in remission and doesn't require that level of medical attention/treatment.
Doberman

Postby Saby on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:49 am

Doberman wrote:
Saby wrote:If his daughter were able to receive treatment irrespective of where he played, why did the Jazz facilitate his transfer to the Lakers when they had no interest in doing so? Clearly, there are some areas where it would be highly impractical for him to finish his career. The Lakers will probably consider that when/if they think about a trade or amnesty use.

Because at that time, his daughter's condition was just discovered and the immediate treatment was necessary to save her life. It worked. She's now in remission and doesn't require that level of medical attention/treatment.

I'm afraid that is a bit of an oversimplification. Whilst the underlying assumption is indeed true, the rapport, familiarity and cohesiveness built between a patient's family and medical staff cannot be understated in such cases.

Nonetheless, this is not to imply that he cannot be traded or discarded if it came to that. Simply that the Lakers would probably give consideration as to the suitability of the destination to accommodate the situation.
Saby

Postby Doberman on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:53 am

Saby wrote:I'm afraid that is a bit of an oversimplification. Whilst the underlying assumption is indeed true, the rapport, familiarity and cohesiveness built between a patient's family and medical staff cannot be understated in such cases.

Nonetheless, this is not to imply that he cannot be traded or discarded if it came to that. Simply that the Lakers would probably give consideration as to the suitability of the destination to accommodate the situation.

Then please explain to me just how his daughter would be denied treatment if he weren't on the Lakers.
Doberman

Postby Saby on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:59 am

Doberman wrote:
Saby wrote:I'm afraid that is a bit of an oversimplification. Whilst the underlying assumption is indeed true, the rapport, familiarity and cohesiveness built between a patient's family and medical staff cannot be understated in such cases.

Then please explain to me just how his daughter would be denied treatment if he weren't on the Lakers.

His daughter would not be denied treatment. That was not, nor has been, my premise. I was simply alluding to the impracticality of retaining the aforementioned familiarity of treatment at the present facilities with the family's relocation ( which could be rather drastic given the range of destinations in play).
Saby

Postby Doberman on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:07 am

Saby wrote:
Doberman wrote:

His daughter would not be denied treatment. That was not, nor has been, my premise. I was simply alluding to the impracticality of retaining the aforementioned familiarity of treatment at the present facilities with the family's relocation ( which could be rather drastic given the range of destinations in play).

Who says his family would have to relocate? Especially given that Fisher has one year at the most left, he could finish out his contract anywhere and just retire in LA at the end of the season.
Doberman

Postby Saby on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:12 am

Doberman wrote:
Saby wrote:
Who says his family would have to relocate? Especially given that Fisher has one year at the most left, he could finish out his contract anywhere and just retire in LA at the end of the season.
[/quote]

I believe he is under contract for this year and next so an impending retirement, though completely plausible, is a bit presumptuous. At any rate, whether the scenario you pose is feasible or not is a decision that he and his family will make and, by extension, it will be a mitigating factor in trade discussions, however minute.
Saby

Postby Doberman on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:19 am

Saby wrote:
Doberman wrote:Who says his family would have to relocate? Especially given that Fisher has one year at the most left, he could finish out his contract anywhere and just retire in LA at the end of the season.

I believe he is under contract for this year and next so an impending retirement, though completely plausible, is a bit presumptuous. At any rate, whether the scenario you pose is feasible or not is a decision that he and his family will make and, by extension, it will be a mitigating factor in trade discussions, however minute.

If Fish were amnestied at this point in his career, he would retire before playing for another team, the same way Rick Fox did. And I think that's independent of his daughter's situation. To boot, if he were amnestied, I doubt anyone else would pick him up after the way he's played the last 2 seasons. He was already done last year.
Doberman

Postby Saby on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:30 am

Doberman wrote:
Saby wrote:
Doberman wrote:Who says his family would have to relocate? Especially given that Fisher has one year at the most left, he could finish out his contract anywhere and just retire in LA at the end of the season.

If Fish were amnestied at this point in his career, he would retire before playing for another team, the same way Rick Fox did. And I think that's independent of his daughter's situation. To boot, if he were amnestied, I doubt anyone else would pick him up after the way he's played the last 2 seasons. He was already done last year.

Again, it is incorrect to postulate Fisher's retirement status so definitively given the lack of such direct indications being projected by him. As for the latter portion of your comment, while it is certainly not untrue that he would face difficulty finding a team following the Lakers' use of the amnesty clause, an external perception of his experience and veteran savvy/influence may persuade a team. This is made more possible by the fact that such team would not be limited to playing time formalities or as financially invested.

As such, once more, it is simply presumptuous to form such a definitive relationship of independence between his circumstances and playing future.
Saby

Postby Doberman on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:35 am

Saby wrote:
Doberman wrote:

Again, it is incorrect to postulate Fisher's retirement status so definitively given the lack of such direct indications being projected by him. As for the latter portion of your comment, while it is certainly not untrue that he would face difficulty finding a team following the Lakers' use of the amnesty clause, an external perception of his experience and veteran savvy/influence may persuade a team. This is made more possible by the fact that such team would not be limited to playing time formalities or as financially invested.

As such, once more, it is simply presumptuous to form such a definitive relationship of independence between his circumstances and playing future.

It's equally presumptuous on your part to assume any type of relationship between him the medical staff treating his daughter in her current state of remission, or that the Lakers would take that into consideration over improving the roster.
Doberman

Postby Saby on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:39 am

Doberman wrote:
Saby wrote:
Doberman wrote:

It's equally presumptuous on your part to assume any type of relationship between him the medical staff treating his daughter in her current state of remission, or that the Lakers would take that into consideration over improving the roster.

As someone well versed in medicine, I reassure you that it is in no way a premature assertion to draw correlation between familiarity with medical staff and patient comfort, especially in circumstances and illnesses such as the one involved here.
Saby

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard