Deron Williams Likely Available?

Re: Deron Williams Likely Available?

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:47 pm

Kingsama wrote:Hopefully Deron is paying attention to the fickleness unfolding and demands out. Who would want to play with D Shoulders after this mess?

Seems to me like the two of them decided to team up in Brooklyn a (relatively) long time ago like the boys in Miami, and if that's the case then Deron is probably just smiling and waiting for the confirmation call from Dwight tonight/tomorrow.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Kingsama on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:54 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:
Kingsama wrote:Hopefully Deron is paying attention to the fickleness unfolding and demands out. Who would want to play with D Shoulders after this mess?

Seems to me like the two of them decided to team up in Brooklyn a (relatively) long time ago like the boys in Miami, and if that's the case then Deron is probably just smiling and waiting for the confirmation call from Dwight tonight/tomorrow.

I think you are right, but all this drama has to effect peoples opinion of Shoulders. He has to be trying to take the NBA's most hated player title from Bron, and is doing a great job of it thus far.
Kingsama

Postby nthydro on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:20 pm

If we somehow get D-Will AND Beasley then I can finally forget all about the CP3 fiasco and the lost of Odom. CP3 > D-WIll but add in Beasley and it's pretty even. But no way this happens IMO. Just too good to be true. :man6:
nthydro

Postby jcleveland31 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Anyone else think that Dwight is "telling" Orlando that he will opt in so NJ won't gut their team trying to get him? Then after the deadline he will go back on his word and by next summer still end up in NJ with Williams and the rest of the talented pieces they have?
jcleveland31

Postby Finwë on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:41 pm

What ever happened to the days when players had to prove themselves by WINNING something before being able to make any demands? This prima donna attitude the current young stars of the league are showing (except for Durant and Rose, those two are much more quiet and humble) is so annoying!
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:47 pm

This is exactly what I'm talking about
IamaGM.com ‏ @IamaGM
JaVale McGee tells Wizards he wants $14 million per season http://dlvr.it/1K7NC1

This is ridiculous! What has McGee done other than lose the dunk contest to a KIA to be worth that kind of money?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby kenzo on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Deron talking about endorsements, NY being a great market and all... Dwight is there next 100%
kenzo

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:01 pm

biggestkobefanever wrote:This is exactly what I'm talking about
IamaGM.com ‏ @IamaGM
JaVale McGee tells Wizards he wants $14 million per season http://dlvr.it/1K7NC1

This is ridiculous! What has McGee done other than lose the dunk contest to a KIA to be worth that kind of money?

Sounds fair to me. 2M for every foot of height, isn't that how it goes?
lakersin4

Postby thkthebest on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:06 pm

jcleveland31 wrote:Anyone else think that Dwight is "telling" Orlando that he will opt in so NJ won't gut their team trying to get him? Then after the deadline he will go back on his word and by next summer still end up in NJ with Williams and the rest of the talented pieces they have?

Dwight sees what's going on in New York with Carmelo so he's being smarter by wanting to join NJN through free agency.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby jayloot on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:47 pm

IamaGM.com ‏ @IamaGM

That hit in the head the other night must have really messed him up. Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ1vVrQQIK0
This game's in the refrigerator, the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!
jayloot

Postby Helljumper on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:50 pm

IamaGM.com ‏ @IamaGM

He's 24 years old, extremely athletic, and pretty much averaging a double-double with 2.5 blocks a game. He's going to get paid. He doesn't deserve anywhere near $14 million, but some stupid team will give him money close to that in hopes that he'll get a brain implant and live up to his potential.
Helljumper

Postby VincentTH on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:16 pm

fklukewalton wrote:
jjin28 wrote:why is D Will not playing today? Just curious.

he's been injured and sitting out a while now

I can't help but notice that your nemesis/nameshake (I mean Luke, not Deron) mysteriously gets sick/injured a few days before trading deadline!!!! :man1: I believe he does this every single year?
VincentTH

Postby lakers_09tv on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:32 am

Marc Stein ‏ @ESPNSteinLine

All signals from all angles point to Nets rebuffing any trade interest in D-Will over next 4 1/2 hours. That's what they're telling teams
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby kenzo on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:42 am

^ och well, they'll start from scratch next season i guess :man9:
kenzo

Postby Chopper on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:50 am

D will would be a better fit than CP3 would have been.

And added bonus, DWill will play out of his mind in LA, trying to prove he is the better PG than CP3. Too bad it's so unlikely. And if he did come to LA, a Bynum for Howard swap next year would be a looming rumour for sure.
Chopper

Postby Kingsama on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:52 am

Chopper wrote:D will would be a better fit than CP3 would have been.

And added bonus, DWill will play out of his mind in LA, trying to prove he is the better PG than CP3. Too bad it's so unlikely. And if he did come to LA, a Bynum for Howard swap next year would be a looming rumour for sure.

Unless the Nets wake up or get shoulders int the next 4 hours looks like D will is Dallas bound.
Kingsama

Postby lakers_09tv on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:46 am

Marc Stein ‏ @ESPNSteinLine
Two sources w/knowledge of Nets' thinking say Nets would reject Gasol-for-DWill offer IF Lakers make that pitch before 3 PM trade deadline

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:48 am

Welcome to Dallas D. Williams!
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby lakers_09tv on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:48 am

The New Jersey Nets are telling teams that they absolutely, positively will not move Deron Williams before Thursday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline even if Dwight Howard goes through with his stated intention to lock himself into the 2012-13 season of his current contract with the Orlando Magic.

Sources with knowledge of New Jersey’s thinking told ESPN.com on Thursday morning that the Nets’ position won’t change even if the Los Angeles Lakers offer them Pau Gasol in a package for Williams before the deadline.

The Lakers are known to want an elite point guard if they’re going to part with Gasol … and the fact that Orlando will not be trading Howard theoretically gives L.A. an opening to make an 11th-hour run at Williams.

But sources said that the Lakers actually offered Gasol to the Nets in December for Williams and were rejected.

The Lakers will get the same answer if a Gasol-centric offer for D-Will comes in before the trade buzzer, according to the sources.

The Nets remain active leading up to the deadline, but their apparent plan is to continue to stockpile salary-cap space and draft picks to try to have as many trade assets as possible in June to make another trade run at Howard or another star in conjunction with the draft … before D-Will can opt out and become a free agent July 1.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/38854/sources-nets-would-say-no-to-gasol-for-d-will

lakers_09tv

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:48 am

Marc Stein ‏ @ESPNSteinLine Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Two sources w/knowledge of Nets' thinking say Nets would reject Gasol-for-DWill offer IF Lakers make that pitch before 3 PM trade deadline
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby kenzo on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:50 am

Cuban is salivating right now :bang:
kenzo

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:51 am

Mark Cuban
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby jayloot on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:53 am

lakers_09tv wrote:
The New Jersey Nets are telling teams that they absolutely, positively will not move Deron Williams before Thursday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline even if Dwight Howard goes through with his stated intention to lock himself into the 2012-13 season of his current contract with the Orlando Magic.

Sources with knowledge of New Jersey’s thinking told ESPN.com on Thursday morning that the Nets’ position won’t change even if the Los Angeles Lakers offer them Pau Gasol in a package for Williams before the deadline.

The Lakers are known to want an elite point guard if they’re going to part with Gasol … and the fact that Orlando will not be trading Howard theoretically gives L.A. an opening to make an 11th-hour run at Williams.

But sources said that the Lakers actually offered Gasol to the Nets in December for Williams and were rejected.

The Lakers will get the same answer if a Gasol-centric offer for D-Will comes in before the trade buzzer, according to the sources.

The Nets remain active leading up to the deadline, but their apparent plan is to continue to stockpile salary-cap space and draft picks to try to have as many trade assets as possible in June to make another trade run at Howard or another star in conjunction with the draft … before D-Will can opt out and become a free agent July 1.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/38854/sources-nets-would-say-no-to-gasol-for-d-will

So much for the home run. I'll be happy with Beasley and Sessions.
This game's in the refrigerator, the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!
jayloot

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:20 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Marc Stein ‏ @ESPNSteinLine Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Not even Dragic, Martin, Scola + Houston 1st? :man1:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby BadCoaching on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:21 am

Looks like we're doing nothing to me.
BadCoaching

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard