Deron Williams Trade Discussion (Resigning w/Brooklyn)

Re: Deron To The Lakers?

Postby khmrP on Wed May 23, 2012 10:55 pm

dj vitus wrote:
Deron and Pau could be marketable in NJ.

If they want to keep Deron, maybe we could take Gerald Wallace, Gerald Green, and Anthony Morrow instead for Pau.

Wallace and Hill can start at the Forward positions, Green can be a spark off the bench, and we can run a Sessions/Morrow backcourt when Kobe is out instead of our awful Sessions/Blake combo. Fill a bunch of holes. We can then trade Ebanks (or Metta) and a 1st for a serviceable big or something. Just a quick thought.

this is by far the worse idea of a trade I've seen yet, no offense but seriously have you even watch Wallace play this year? and Green is a FA, he played well in NJ cause he got a boat of PT and got the green light to chuck, he isn't getting that here.
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Wed May 23, 2012 10:55 pm

khmrP wrote:
think they rather suck and hope for a better draft pick, also Smith wouldn't be very motivated either to play for the nets w/o any help. If a 3rd team is involved I'd think if Minn was willing to take Pau and give NJ Derrick Williams and we give Nj some picks maybe they'd be interested.

when the team is moving into a new arena in a new city, Im not too sure if fans are patient enough to watch a product where theres not much excitement out there.

Im not sure about the MiN being the 3rd team involved.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Center Court on Wed May 23, 2012 11:14 pm

while they want to move into Brooklyn with a superatar, the last thing they want is to walk in to NY with an absolute garbage team , no young pieces, and no picks

at least Pau can bring a couple good young players to them via a 3 team trade
Center Court

Postby revgen on Wed May 23, 2012 11:17 pm

As Stu Lantz would say "I'll believe it when I see it".
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby dj vitus on Wed May 23, 2012 11:24 pm

khmrP wrote:
dj vitus wrote:

If they want to keep Deron, maybe we could take Gerald Wallace, Gerald Green, and Anthony Morrow instead for Pau.

Wallace and Hill can start at the Forward positions, Green can be a spark off the bench, and we can run a Sessions/Morrow backcourt when Kobe is out instead of our awful Sessions/Blake combo. Fill a bunch of holes. We can then trade Ebanks (or Metta) and a 1st for a serviceable big or something. Just a quick thought.

this is by far the worse idea of a trade I've seen yet, no offense but seriously have you even watch Wallace play this year? and Green is a FA, he played well in NJ cause he got a boat of PT and got the green light to chuck, he isn't getting that here.

Was Wallace really that bad? Judging by his game logs, it doesn't seem bad at all. Plus he's known as a solid defender (or is he still anymore, assuming you've watched him?)

And why wouldn't Green get the green light here like any other 6th man? Would OJ Mayo get a green light? Jamal Crawford?

You forgot to talk about Morrow. He could be a nice piece off the bench, too. Both him and Green shoot way better than Steve Blake and Metta.

I recognize there are no "stars" in the trade, but getting a 1 for 1 swap with Gasol won't address most of our glaring weaknesses.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby juninho on Thu May 24, 2012 12:00 am

how about
bynum+blake for deron+morrow
gasol for taj gibson+noah+cj watson

let sessions go but keep hill. get a sf from fa

dwill/cj watson/ morris
kobe/morrow/goudelock
artest/fa/eyenga
gibson/mcrob
noah/hill

we may lack inside scoring but our guards improve alot also this is a top defensive team.
juninho

Postby Ariza3 on Thu May 24, 2012 12:43 am

D-Will playing with kobe AND bynum on paper looks amazing but it prob wouldnt work too well. all are ball dominant players and would only really shine when 1 or 2 of them are on the bench resting. i think kobe would allow deron to create and do his thing sometimes like he allowed sesh to do but obviously more often.

kobe + dwill will be good just gotta have kobe trust him and play offball 90% of the time if not all the time
Ariza3

Postby ThizGuy83 on Thu May 24, 2012 12:46 am

i wonder how many pages this thread will get too before finally being locked or it actually happens... id say 94 pages...
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby DarthRekal on Thu May 24, 2012 2:27 am

noone that gets a thread HAPPENS... gasol.. surprise.. cp3 surprise... only one that came to fruition was ARTEST and that was THREE years later.. this thread probably sealed the fate of D WIll to LA :man10: :man5:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu May 24, 2012 8:06 am

Stefan Bondy: With Lakers S/T for D-Will, source said the Nets would not do that deal for Pau Gasol. Would rather have cap space.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu May 24, 2012 8:12 am

dj vitus wrote:
khmrP wrote:
dj vitus wrote:

Was Wallace really that bad? Judging by his game logs, it doesn't seem bad at all. Plus he's known as a solid defender (or is he still anymore, assuming you've watched him?)

And why wouldn't Green get the green light here like any other 6th man? Would OJ Mayo get a green light? Jamal Crawford?

You forgot to talk about Morrow. He could be a nice piece off the bench, too. Both him and Green shoot way better than Steve Blake and Metta.

I recognize there are no "stars" in the trade, but getting a 1 for 1 swap with Gasol won't address most of our glaring weaknesses.

what does 3 address exactly? Green is a FA, just throw him a bone and he'll bite, Morrow is a nice piece but there's several "shooters" that are FA this season most notably Novak, a guy I hoped Lakers signed since 2 yrs ago when the clipps had him. As for Wallace, what does he address? Artest is still here, Wallace isn't some scoring punch of the bench and neither is Artest and what bout our PF situation? I dont have any trust in Hill to start there.
khmrP

Postby GoldHammish on Thu May 24, 2012 10:09 am

Vasashi17 wrote:
Stefan Bondy: With Lakers S/T for D-Will, source said the Nets would not do that deal for Pau Gasol. Would rather have cap space.

No surprise here. They have no reason to pay an aging Gasol 19 million dollar or whatever he's making if they aren't contending.
GoldHammish

Postby ThaEntrepreneur on Thu May 24, 2012 10:10 am

I would ship Bynum's bum butt for D Will in a heart beart. A HEART BEAT!
ThaEntrepreneur

Postby Finwë on Thu May 24, 2012 10:24 am

dj vitus wrote:
Finwë wrote:IMO NJ will do anything it can to keep Deron there. They've just moved to Brooklyn, haven't even played a game in their new arena, they have to do anything they can to make sure their star and franchise guy stays with them.
They'll probably be one of the most active teams this off-season.
Maybe if they don't get anyone good enough and Deron threatens to leave they'll trade for Pau or even someone like Smith. But I don't see that happening.

That's not a bad idea, assuming Wallace is healthy and can contribute like he was contributing in Portland before being dealt to NJ. Also, I would expect them to give us a first round pick.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby khmrP on Thu May 24, 2012 10:33 am

^^^its a BAD idea, #1 Wallace is declining and he plans on opting out for a new longer contract, Green is a FA, you want him offer him a contract, and there's plenty of "shooters" out there like Morrow, i.e. Novak. All 3 pieces in this NJ idea can be had w/o giving up Pau and all 3.
khmrP

Postby bishikaw on Thu May 24, 2012 10:43 am

Deron would need to say he wants to sign with the Lakers and only the Lakers and try to force the Nets' hand into taking some type of S&T deal. The only way for Deron to find his way to LA is for the Nets to agree to some type of trade.

If the Nets would rather let Deron walk than take Pau, their only option would be Bynum.

The Nets wouldn't do a Bynum for Deron trade normally, but under FA-to-be/S&T circumstances, they may take it.
bishikaw

Postby dj vitus on Thu May 24, 2012 10:43 am

khmrP wrote:^^^its a BAD idea, #1 Wallace is declining and he plans on opting out for a new longer contract, Green is a FA, you want him offer him a contract, and there's plenty of "shooters" out there like Morrow, i.e. Novak. All 3 pieces in this NJ idea can be had w/o giving up Pau and all 3.

I see your point, though I'm not sure how we can get all 3 types of players w/o giving up Pau. Maybe 2 of 3 with the MLE and a smaller trade, but not someone like Wallace. Novak would be nice; hope he doesn't become like Kapono if he gets here, though. :man11:

At any rate, Pau to the Nets is a moot point now, and I still prefer looking at Derrick Williams (avoid luxury tax + loads of potential) or Iggy and filler (win now mode).
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby dj vitus on Thu May 24, 2012 10:44 am

bishikaw wrote:Deron would need to say he wants to sign with the Lakers and only the Lakers and try to force the Nets' hand into taking some type of S&T deal. The only way for Deron to find his way to LA is for the Nets to agree to some type of trade.

If the Nets would rather let Deron walk than take Pau, their only option would be Bynum.

The Nets wouldn't do a Bynum for Deron trade normally, but under FA-to-be/S&T circumstances, they may take it.

Welcome to the board. :jam2:
dj vitus

Postby Maluco Beleza on Thu May 24, 2012 10:46 am

omg just get D Will here already
Maluco Beleza

Postby lakersStan24 on Sat May 26, 2012 5:22 pm

He could be good for Us, a future all star point guard and He would be needed with Ramon lookin more like a back-up pg.
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby The Rock on Sat May 26, 2012 6:18 pm

https://twitter.com/NYDNInterNets/status/205443969151287296

With Lakers S/T for D-Will, source said the Nets would not do that deal for Pau Gasol. Would rather have cap space.

This is why I hope this 3 way works out

Pau to ATL
Josh Smith to NJ
Deron to LAL

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Center Court on Sat May 26, 2012 6:53 pm

The Rock wrote:https://twitter.com/NYDNInterNets/status/205443969151287296

With Lakers S/T for D-Will, source said the Nets would not do that deal for Pau Gasol. Would rather have cap space.

Pau to ATL
Josh Smith to NJ
Deron to LAL

according to that tweet, they'd rather have cap space than a vastly overpaid/getting older player like Pau. I'm assuming that holds true for JJ as well.

Unless we can get them young pieces/picks or a good young stud player, I don't see them mving Deron our way. In fact, it's better to let him walk than pay Pau and lose cap space.

Minny for Beasley, D Will is prob the best young package we can get for Pau that NJ would be interested in
Center Court

Postby The Rock on Sat May 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Center Court wrote:
The Rock wrote:https://twitter.com/NYDNInterNets/status/205443969151287296

Pau to ATL
Josh Smith to NJ
Deron to LAL

according to that tweet, they'd rather have cap space than a vastly overpaid/getting older player like Pau. I'm assuming that holds true for JJ as well.

Unless we can get them young pieces/picks or a good young stud player, I don't see them mving Deron our way. In fact, it's better to let him walk than pay Pau and lose cap space.

Minny for Beasley, D Will is prob the best young package we can get for Pau that NJ would be interested in

yea but I was talking about Josh Smith lol hes only 26, almost an all star, one of the most exciting players in the league and earns around $13 mil i believe for the next 2 years.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JGC on Sun May 27, 2012 10:40 am

Then I'm sure NJ would say, well, if you like Josh Smith so much then you go give ATL Pau Gasol for Josh Smith.
JGC

Postby Kou on Sun May 27, 2012 11:24 am

I don't see any way of getting Deron to the Lakers without trading Bynum, which makes the whole thing pointless.
NBA 2k9 team:

Fisher/Rose/Watson
Bryant/Wells
Lee/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Yi
Bynum/Zo
Kou

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard