Deron Williams Trade Discussion (Resigning w/Brooklyn)

Re: Deron To The Lakers?

Postby shoe on Wed May 30, 2012 10:41 am

Kings trade Evans and Cousins for Brook Lopez? :man3:
shoe

Postby jjin28 on Wed May 30, 2012 11:00 am

shoe wrote:Kings trade Evans and Cousins for Brook Lopez? :man3:

Plus NJ 1st rounder. Coupled with their 1st rounder, they get two strong young palyers, rebuild with a stronger base. They have had troubles with Cousins and know he's not happy there, Evans since his rookie year has declined.
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Wed May 30, 2012 11:05 am

Favors the Lakers too much. Stern would veto it.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby borri on Wed May 30, 2012 12:03 pm

jjin28 wrote:Anyone hear about this rumor. Heard it from a coworker.

Supposedly, if the nets dont get a top 3 pick, they might make this trade...

Nets Out
Derron Williams, Brooks, 1st round pick (If its not a top 3 pick)
Nets In
Tyreke Evans, Andrew Bynum, MWP, Francisco Garcia

Kings Out
Tyreke Evans, Demarcus Cousins
Kings In
Brook Lopez and Nets 1st round pick

Lakers Out
Bynum, MWP
Lakers In
Deron Williams, Demarcus Cousins

LOL. Your co-worker is on crack. Why in the world would Sactown do that?
borri

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Wed May 30, 2012 12:05 pm

according to woj..... http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets- ... .9u5M5nYcB

so basically either howard comes to NJ or he leaves....
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed May 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Well then, I'm hoping the Nets do NOT get the top pick, so then the Nets will be forced to engage in trade talks with us. At that point, we have leverage, and we can throw them Gasol instead of Bynum. Dallas can sign him outright, but if Deron has a shot at playing with Bynum and Kobe, he will take that instead of signing with Dallas. And NJ can't move to Brooklyn without getting something in return for D-Will. They will need to get some value for him, and Pau and Lopez will be a nice big man combo esp in the East.
FabFourLakers

Postby khmrP on Wed May 30, 2012 12:18 pm

^^^u crazy if u think nj is gona feel pressured to take Pau for Deron.
khmrP

Postby BigDan24 on Wed May 30, 2012 12:22 pm

Nets Out
Nets In

Kings Out
Kings In

Lakers Out
Bynum, MWP
Lakers In

Where's Brooks supposed to go to? Cause i like that kid, reminds me a ittle bit of young Kobe.
BigDan24

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Wed May 30, 2012 12:24 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:Well then, I'm hoping the Nets do NOT get the top pick, so then the Nets will be forced to engage in trade talks with us. At that point, we have leverage, and we can throw them Gasol instead of Bynum. Dallas can sign him outright, but if Deron has a shot at playing with Bynum and Kobe, he will take that instead of signing with Dallas. And NJ can't move to Brooklyn without getting something in return for D-Will. They will need to get some value for him, and Pau and Lopez will be a nice big man combo esp in the East.

i hope your right but i can see NJ pushing for bynum not gasol...lopez/williams for bynum/blake/ebanks, something like that.
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby Center Court on Wed May 30, 2012 12:27 pm

khmrP wrote:^^^u crazy if u think nj is gona feel pressured to take Pau for Deron.

THIS.

lol at anyone and everyone thinking that they'd trade Deron for Pau. It'd make more sense for them to let Deron walk than take Pau's $20MM contract and at best make them a lower spot in the lottery. If Prok has a choice between huge cap space and a good shot at the number 1 pick or PAU, he's going the first choice. Don't get it twisted, Pau has NO value to a team like Brooklyn if Deron is not there.

He would have value to a team like Minny though as he could really boost them into the top half of the west if they are healthy. Gasol/Love/Rubio is a very versatile core, which is what Adleman LOVES. If you fill that out with some good young athletes, tough guys and some shooters, you can make some noise. Definitely a playoff team. Gasol for Beasley, Williams, Webster then ship Beasley and Williams with a future first from LA to Brooklyn for Deron.

thus, a 3 team trade has to happen. Maybe with Philly, maybe with Minny. Other wise, unless we offer Bynum, Deron stays or ends up in Dallas.
Center Court

Postby Center Court on Wed May 30, 2012 12:29 pm

BigDan24 wrote:

Nets Out
Nets In

Kings Out
Kings In

Lakers Out
Bynum, MWP
Lakers In

Where's Brooks supposed to go to? Cause i like that kid, reminds me a ittle bit of young Kobe.

Sacramento never ever does that. EVER. Cousins is a potential 25/12 player. Evans has somewhat fallen off but the talent is there and he's been playing out of position at SF.

Lakers rape big time.
Center Court

Postby Savory Griddles on Wed May 30, 2012 1:24 pm

Center Court wrote:
BigDan24 wrote:

Nets Out
Nets In

Kings Out
Kings In

Lakers Out
Bynum, MWP
Lakers In

Sacramento never ever does that. EVER. Cousins is a potential 25/12 player. Evans has somewhat fallen off but the talent is there and he's been playing out of position at SF.

Lakers rape big time.

Yeah. I'm not sure Mitch has enough lube to get this done.
Savory Griddles

Postby diehard on Wed May 30, 2012 2:35 pm

We don't need another superstar. The way the league is set up you can't have three and a deep bench. We need two stars (one on the floor at all times) and a "team" of good athletes who move the ball and can shoot. I think we need to turn Gasol into two good players and a pick.
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall."

Ron Artest: Is it freaky if your girl has a barbed wired thong and comes in the room with plastic sporks? Twitter
diehard

Postby XXIV on Wed May 30, 2012 2:49 pm

diehard wrote:We don't need another superstar. The way the league is set up you can't have three and a deep bench. We need two stars (one on the floor at all times) and a "team" of good athletes who move the ball and can shoot. I think we need to turn Gasol into two good players and a pick.

Completely agree. Hopefully the Lakers can get some quality players back from a Gasol trade. We need more depth at our bench and the Lakers need to begin taking the draft more seriously (specifically the 1st round).
XXIV

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed May 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Hmm didn't think about Brooklyn just letting D-Will walk for nothing and going for another top pick in NEXT year's draft. Nevermind, definitely not getting D-Will for Gasol. My apologies.
FabFourLakers

Postby therealdeal on Wed May 30, 2012 3:02 pm

The Deron to LA rumors are done. They don't want Gasol and they don't want pieces. If they can't get Howard, they let him walk and keep the team blown up basically. Give up and just rebuild through the draft if they can. The one person on their team who is likely on the block is Gerald Wallace if he can be had for an expiring or a TPE.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed May 30, 2012 3:10 pm

therealdeal wrote:The Deron to LA rumors are done. They don't want Gasol and they don't want pieces. If they can't get Howard, they let him walk and keep the team blown up basically. Give up and just rebuild through the draft if they can. The one person on their team who is likely on the block is Gerald Wallace if he can be had for an expiring or a TPE.

Wallace was already rumored to be opting out for longer maybe less expensive annual deal and that will certainly happen if Deron isn't there.
khmrP

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed May 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Unless the Nets get one of the top three picks in the lottery, the Portland Trail Blazers will own Brooklyn's 2012 choice.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets- ... L3CiO8vLYF
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed May 30, 2012 3:33 pm

therealdeal wrote:The Deron to LA rumors are done. They don't want Gasol and they don't want pieces. If they can't get Howard, they let him walk and keep the team blown up basically. Give up and just rebuild through the draft if they can. The one person on their team who is likely on the block is Gerald Wallace if he can be had for an expiring or a TPE.

Lock it up. :jam2:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby khmrP on Wed May 30, 2012 3:34 pm

KeepBynum wrote:

Lock it up. :jam2:

Pau was never the target guy, its the guy in your Screen Name that was in the rumors for Deron
khmrP

Re: Deron Williams

Postby JUST-MING on Wed May 30, 2012 5:29 pm

Ras Algethi wrote:
Yahoo! wrote:Unless the Nets get one of the top three picks in the lottery, then the Portland Trail Blazers will own Brooklyn's 2012 choice. The Nets made a trade deadline deal for forward Gerald Wallace, whom they hoped would help convince Williams to stay as a free agent.

That’s sort of a big deal.
JUST-MING

Postby XXIV on Wed May 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Sucks for the Nets. Lost their pick to Portland, and Matthews face was priceless. :man10:
XXIV

Postby laker911 on Wed May 30, 2012 5:55 pm

When I think Mitch can't get something done I always remember how he got Pau for KWAME BROWN!
laker911

Re: Mitch Kupchak

Postby JUST-MING on Wed May 30, 2012 6:02 pm

laker911 wrote:When I think Mitch can’t get something done I always remember how he got Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown

That wasn’t even the brilliance of that deal, it was making the numbers work. Pau Gasol made $14 mil, while Kwame Brown made $9 mil. Mitch had signed and traded a retired guy, Aaron McKie, to make the numbers work. He might not be the best judge of talent, but he’s a salary cap guru.
JUST-MING

Postby khmrP on Wed May 30, 2012 6:54 pm

time to work that magic again Mitch, Deron sweepstake is on and popping.....w/o that #1 they have nothing that'll interest Orl. Time to work a 3 teamer with Pau and than Bynum for Howard :man1:
khmrP

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard