Deron Williams Trade Discussion (Resigning w/Brooklyn)

Re: Deron To The Lakers?

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:11 am

KeepBynum wrote:I'm more than open now to trading Drew for Deron. I've just been thinking these last few days. This is not the league it used to be. Look at the NBA Finals. Look at the main bigs for the two teams. Kendrick Perkins, Nick Collison, Serge Ibaka, Udonis Haslem, and Chris Bosh. Bosh is an All Star caliber player, but he's not really a big he's a jumpshooter. Point I'm trying to make is use don't need legit bigs to win anymore. It's become a guard's league. Deron Williams is as good as any guard outside of Kobe Bryant. Those two are like a match made in heaven. Both can play off the ball which makes it a good fit. I'd rather not trade Drew, I'd rather trade Pau, but cmon Pau isn't landing us argurably the best point guard in the game. I know he did in December with CP3, but his stock has fallen even further since then. Brooklyn would rather have cap space than trade for Gasol. They'd love to have Bynum.

Drew/Sessions for Deron/Lopez.

Lakers: Deron/Kobe/MWP/Pau/Lopez

Nets : Sessions/Brooks/Green/Humphries/Drew

We can't give up Bynum unless it's for Dwight, Lebron, Durant, & arguably Love.. Or a package of multiple high impact players that fit.. Like his attitude or not at worst he's the 2nd best Center in the NBA & his impact on games is surpassed by few..
lakersin4

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:25 am

lakersin4 wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:I'm more than open now to trading Drew for Deron. I've just been thinking these last few days. This is not the league it used to be. Look at the NBA Finals. Look at the main bigs for the two teams. Kendrick Perkins, Nick Collison, Serge Ibaka, Udonis Haslem, and Chris Bosh. Bosh is an All Star caliber player, but he's not really a big he's a jumpshooter. Point I'm trying to make is use don't need legit bigs to win anymore. It's become a guard's league. Deron Williams is as good as any guard outside of Kobe Bryant. Those two are like a match made in heaven. Both can play off the ball which makes it a good fit. I'd rather not trade Drew, I'd rather trade Pau, but cmon Pau isn't landing us argurably the best point guard in the game. I know he did in December with CP3, but his stock has fallen even further since then. Brooklyn would rather have cap space than trade for Gasol. They'd love to have Bynum.

We can't give up Bynum unless it's for Dwight, Lebron, Durant, & arguably Love.. Or a package of multiple high impact players that fit.. Like his attitude or not at worst he's the 2nd best Center in the NBA & his impact on games is surpassed by few..

I don't wanna trade him either, but it's very difficult to pass up Deron Williams who's argurably the best point guard in the league. The days of needing an elite center to win are over.
Texas Lakers Fan

Re: Andrew Bynum

Postby JUST-MING on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:27 am

lakersin4 wrote:his impact on games is surpassed by few

Rolfmao

You don’t even need to qualify “few”, because I can name 30 players off the top of my head that impact the game moreso than Andrew Bynum.
JUST-MING

Postby JUST-MING on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:31 am

KeepBynum wrote:Deron Williams who's argurably the best point guard in the league.

Russell Westbrook just dropped 40 points in the Finals. He’s the best point guard in the league. Regarding the above post (re: lakersin4); Russell Westbrook also has more impact on games than Andrew Bynum.
JUST-MING

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:40 am

In regards to lakersin4

I agree BUT I'd say Deron might be that guy.

I wouldn't pull that trade though. I want no part of Lopez. If we dislike Andrew's rebounding from game to game, we're going to rip our hair out watching Lopez neglect the glass. If we traded Bynum for Deron, I'd just do it straight up to be honest. Then start filling in pieces or turn Gasol into better role players/depth...

Something like this:
LA in: Okafor, Vasquez
LA out: Gasol/Future first

Hou in: Gasol/#10/Future first
Hou out: Lowry/Martin/#14

NO in: Martin/Lowry/#14
NO out: Okafor/Vasquez/#10

I think Houston probably turns this trade down because they don't get rid of Scola, but if they really wanted Gasol they could do it this way. New Orleans sheds Okafor's contract, takes back an expiring and the PG they're looking for with their pick.

The Lakers then use the mini-MLe finding a backup big man (hopefully a Fesenko or a Camby if he wants to play for a ring). Use the vet's minimum to try to pick up someone like Nate Robinson for scoring. Re-sign Ebanks and Hill and let Sessions walk.

Williams/Vasquez
Bryant/Robinson/Goudelock
Artest/Ebanks/Eyenga
McRoberts/Hill
Okafor/Camby

The team is faster, more streamlined, and matches up better with teams like OKC and Miami. Big defensive presence with Okafor and (hopefully) Camby, athleticism and hustle with McRoberts and HIll. Scoring off the bench with Robinson. Vasquez is actually a pretty decent backup PG, especially for the money. And of course the Lakers get Deron Williams who is a guy you can count to build with and attract future stars.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:43 am

JUST-MING wrote:

Rolfmao

You don’t even need to qualify “few”, because I can name 30 players off the top of my head that impact the game moreso than Andrew Bynum.

I would love to see that list.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JUST-MING on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:45 am

therealdeal wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Rolfmao

I would love to see that list.

Add your own first.
JUST-MING

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:47 am

JUST-MING wrote:

Rolfmao

The list isn't much longer than the one I listed above.. You can add Westbrook, CP3, this season Tony Parker, Kobe of course.. You could make an argument for Wade but I think he along with a few others are right on par with Bynum's impact Who else had a bigger all around impact this season than Bynum? You had commentators including people like Shaq saying Bynum is better than Dwight Howard.. What he's able to do on both sides of the ball is especially amazing when you consider he's sharing the ball with a 1-2 punch that just won 2 titles..
lakersin4

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:51 am

therealdeal wrote:In regards to lakersin4

I agree BUT I'd say Deron might be that guy.

I wouldn't pull that trade though. I want no part of Lopez. If we dislike Andrew's rebounding from game to game, we're going to rip our hair out watching Lopez neglect the glass. If we traded Bynum for Deron, I'd just do it straight up to be honest. Then start filling in pieces or turn Gasol into better role players/depth...

Something like this:
LA in: Okafor, Vasquez
LA out: Gasol/Future first

Hou in: Gasol/#10/Future first
Hou out: Lowry/Martin/#14

NO in: Martin/Lowry/#14
NO out: Okafor/Vasquez/#10

I think Houston probably turns this trade down because they don't get rid of Scola, but if they really wanted Gasol they could do it this way. New Orleans sheds Okafor's contract, takes back an expiring and the PG they're looking for with their pick.

The Lakers then use the mini-MLe finding a backup big man (hopefully a Fesenko or a Camby if he wants to play for a ring). Use the vet's minimum to try to pick up someone like Nate Robinson for scoring. Re-sign Ebanks and Hill and let Sessions walk.

Williams/Vasquez
Bryant/Robinson/Goudelock
Artest/Ebanks/Eyenga
McRoberts/Hill
Okafor/Camby

The team is faster, more streamlined, and matches up better with teams like OKC and Miami. Big defensive presence with Okafor and (hopefully) Camby, athleticism and hustle with McRoberts and HIll. Scoring off the bench with Robinson. Vasquez is actually a pretty decent backup PG, especially for the money. And of course the Lakers get Deron Williams who is a guy you can count to build with and attract future stars.

We would have the worst frontcourt in the NBA..
lakersin4

Re: wutdafukeva

Postby JUST-MING on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:03 am

Lebron James. Kevin Durant. Kobe Bryant. Derrick Rose. Dwayne Wade. Dwight Howard. Dirk Nowitzki. Chris Paul. Carmelo Anthony. Deron Williams. Amare Stoudemire. Russell Westbrook. Pau Gasol. Rajon Rondo. Blake Griffin. Kevin Love. Chris Bosh. Lamarcus Aldridge. Tony Parker. Steve Nash. Paul Pierce. Danny Granger. Joe Johnson. Monta Ellis. John Wall. Rudy Gay. Tyreke Evans. Josh Smith. Steph Curry. Andre Iguodala. Al Horford. Al Jefferson. David West. Marc Gasol. Kevin Garnett.

I don’t consider James Harden and Serge Ibaka, individually, but combined they have as much impact.
Last edited by JUST-MING on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
JUST-MING

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:04 am

^ Perhaps. But we'd have the best back court in the NBA for sure.

I think that team is good for two reasons: We actually shed a bit of money and we still can go for the rebuild plan in 2014 since Okafor's contract and Vasquez's run out that season.

Not to mention, McRoberts performed far beneath his abilities here in LA. Watch him in Indiana and you'll see a far different player. I think he has all the tools to start in the league, but given Brown's horrible, horrible rotations McRoberts ended up being buried on the bench.

Also not to mention I'm fairly sure when the Lakers traded Gasol for Paul that McRoberts was going to be the person to fill in for him.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:09 am

JUST-MING wrote:Lebron James. Kevin Durant. Kobe Bryant. Derrick Rose. Dwayne Wade. Dwight Howard. Dirk Nowitzki. Chris Paul. Carmelo Anthony. Deron Williams. Amare Stoudemire. Russell Westbrook. Pau Gasol. Rajon Rondo. Blake Griffin. Kevin Love. Chris Bosh. Lamarcus Aldridge. Tony Parker. Steve Nash. Paul Pierce. Danny Granger. Joe Johnson. Monta Ellis. John Wall. Rudy Gay. Tyreke Evans. Josh Smith. Steph Curry. Andre Iguodala. Al Horford. Al Jefferson. David West. Marc Gasol. Kevin Garnett.

Here we go...

JUST-MING wrote:Carmelo Anthony.

No way, Jose.
JUST-MING wrote:Amare Stoudemire.

Negatory.
JUST-MING wrote:Russell Westbrook.

Hm... maybe.
JUST-MING wrote: Pau Gasol.

Do ya really think so?...
JUST-MING wrote:Blake Griffin

Oh Jesus, no.
JUST-MING wrote: Chris Bosh.

Hm... no.
JUST-MING wrote:Lamarcus Aldridge.

Nyet.
JUST-MING wrote: Steve Nash

At this point in his career definitely not.
JUST-MING wrote:Paul Pierce. Danny Granger. Joe Johnson.

All no.
JUST-MING wrote:Monta Ellis. John Wall. Rudy Gay. Tyreke Evans. Josh Smith. Steph Curry.

Wow, you're really reaching here.
JUST-MING wrote:Andre Iguodala. Al Horford. Al Jefferson. David West. Marc Gasol. Kevin Garnett.

And now you're just looking at names out there. There's no way any of these players impact a game anywhere near the way Andrew Bynum does.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:22 am

JUST-MING wrote:Carmelo Anthony. Russell Westbrook. Pau Gasol. Rajon Rondo. Blake Griffin. Kevin Love. Chris Bosh. Lamarcus Aldridge. Tony Parker. Steve Nash. Paul Pierce. Danny Granger. Joe Johnson. Monta Ellis. John Wall. Rudy Gay. Tyreke Evans. Josh Smith. Steph Curry. Andre Iguodala. Al Horford. Al Jefferson. David West. Marc Gasol. Kevin Garnett.

I don’t consider James Harden and Serge Ibaka, individually, but combined they have as much impact.

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

This either a terrible of trolling or just plain stupidty. Probably both.

Can't say I'm surprised this is the same guy who said Westbrook is the best guard in the NBA and is better than Kevin Durant.
Last edited by Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby JUST-MING on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:24 am

I’d love to see Andrew Bynum as the feature guy on the Knicks instead of Carmelo or Amare. No, seriously, I’d trade him for either player.
JUST-MING

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:27 am

JUST-MING wrote:I’d love to see Andrew Bynum as the feature guy on the Knicks instead of Carmelo or Amare. No, seriously, I’d trade him for either player.

Dude just stop. You're embarassing yourself.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:27 am

JUST-MING wrote:I’d love to see Andrew Bynum as the feature guy on the Knicks instead of Carmelo or Amare. No, seriously, I’d trade him for either player.

Well, I'm glad you're not the Lakers' GM then...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:52 am

Bynum for Amare.....

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:07 am

Deron is one of the few players I'd pull the trigger for on a Bynum deal. And I agree, we'd always say we have a significant advantage inside and this year it didn't appear to be so significant.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:03 am

The Original 81 wrote:

Deron is one of the few players I'd pull the trigger for on a Bynum deal. And I agree, we'd always say we have a significant advantage inside and this year it didn't appear to be so significant.

I'd do the trade as well. Bynum +1 (Blake, Sessions, or EBanks) for D. Will and Lopez would be right on for me.

D. Will with Kobe would be outrageous - a better fit IMO than Chris Paul, and I also like pairing up D. Will with Pau. Lopez is a serviceable enough center and young.

Make it happen as far as I'm concerned. It's the only trade possibility for Bynum that I'm actually interested in.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby BadCoaching on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:22 am

Doc Brown wrote:Bynum for Amare.....

ahahaha
BadCoaching

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Latest On Deron Williams

This summer's free agent class has something in common with the draft class -- it's not obvious who the second-best available player will be, but everyone knows which guy will be the top choice. In the draft, that's Anthony Davis, while in free agency, it's Deron Williams. We know Davis is ticketed for New Orleans, but where will Williams land? ESPN.com's Chris Broussard shares a few updates on this year's top free agent in his latest Insider-only piece, so let's dive in....

Williams has yet to make a decision, and is still weighing a number of factors that will affect his choice.
Although D-Will can make more guaranteed money by re-signing with the Nets, as I explained here, that's not expected to be a deciding factor.
Williams geniunely likes the Nets' franchise and the new location, and is more optimistic about the team's future than some observers are. However, if Gerald Wallace signs elsewhere, it figures to reduce the odds of Williams re-signing.
While the point guard would like to play in Brooklyn with Dwight Howard, he won't let Howard's future dictate his decision.
The Mavericks are still viewed as the Nets' greatest competition, but the Suns are another team that could pose a serious threat to Brooklyn. If the Suns don't re-sign Steve Nash, they should not be counted out of the Williams sweepstakes, says Broussard.

According to Broussard, Williams, a Dallas native, is unlikely to sign in any cold-weather city besides New York. That would rule out a team like the Pacers, which might otherwise be a good fit.

If Williams tells the Nets he won't re-sign, the team could explore sign-and-trade opportunities. However, the Nets would rather just take the cap space than acquire marginal players in return, so a sign-and-trade would probably only happen if the team could land a star. Broussard cites the Lakers' Andrew Bynum and the Knicks' Carmelo Anthony as two possibilities.

Have a hard time believing the Nets would help out the Knicks like that. If Deron is traded it'll be to us.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Nets or Dallas for Deron....

Sources: Deron Williams prefers 2
Updated: June 23, 2012, 11:48 PM ET
By Marc Stein | ESPN.com
EMAIL
PRINT
When NBA free agency begins at midnight July 1, Brooklyn Nets star guard Deron Williams will be choosing from a two-team list that only features the Nets and the Dallas Mavericks, according to sources close to the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com on Saturday night that, while this summer's No. 1 free agent remains "up in the air" about which team he'll ultimately chose, Williams already has made the decision to narrow his list of potential destinations to those two franchises.

Nets Blog
Looking for more information on the Nets? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

Other teams, including the Phoenix Suns and Houston Rockets, had been hoping to lodge their own bids for Williams once free agency begins, sources said. The Los Angeles Lakers, likewise have continued to express interest in a sign-and-trade package built around Pau Gasol for Williams, sources say, despite the Nets' longstanding insistence that they have no interest in Gasol and would only consider such a move if they were getting back All-Star center Andrew Bynum, whom the Lakers have not made available.

Sources say Williams, in any case, already has instructed his representatives to advise any team that calls starting at 12:01 a.m. July 1 that he intends to either re-sign with the Nets or return to his hometown with the Mavericks after a glittering high school career in the Dallas area.

The Nets have expressed confidence all season in their ability to retain Williams, pointing to the team's forthcoming move to Brooklyn, increased off-court marketing opportunities for Williams with a team bound for New York and the fact that Russian billionaire owner Mikhail Prokhorov can offer a contract one-year longer than Dallas can worth nearly $100 million.

ESPNDallas.com Live

Tim MacMahon and Jeff Caplan discuss the future of Deron Williams. Will he play in Dallas or Brooklyn?

More Podcasts »
The maximum four-year offer the Mavericks can counter with approaches $75 million. But sources close to the process say Williams has ruled out every other suitor apart from the 2011 champions because of his respect for Mavs cornerstones Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd and his belief that owner Mark Cuban would make the follow-up moves necessary to return Dallas to title contention after a first-round exit in the 2012 playoffs.

While Williams is already settled in the New York area and known to have enjoyed his time living there, sources say he already has done some preliminary househunting in Dallas this month in the event that he chooses to return to the Western Conference. He's been with the Brooklyn-bound club since Feb. 23, 2011, when the Utah Jazz followed up the New York Knicks' acquisition of Carmelo Anthony by dealing Williams to Prokhorov's Nets, who had chased Anthony for months.

During a promotional appearance in Los Angeles earlier this month, Williams made it clear that he'll choose the team he feels is best positioned to contend for a championship fastest, expressing disappointment that he has tasted very little of the playoffs since leading Utah to the Western Conference finals in 2007.

More on the Mavericks

News, notes and analysis of the Mavericks from ESPNDallas.com's Jeff Caplan, Tim MacMahon and our team.
Blog » ESPN Dallas »
"I want to go to a place where I feel like they will have a chance to build and build fast," Williams told the Los Angeles Times. "I'm not really in the mood for being part of a rebuilding process. I'm getting older. I'm about to be 28. I want to win. I want to win now. Also, I want to live in a place where I want to live and my kids will enjoy living. That's pretty much it."

The decision, then, would appear to be riding on which team's future he rates higher.

The Nets are hoping the expected re-signing of swingman Gerald Wallace, big man Brook Lopez's pending return from foot trouble and Prokhorov's pledge to keep trying to trade for Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard ultimately will convince Williams to stay.

The Mavs' pitch centers around Nowitzki's proven ability to lead a team to a championship, Cuban's history of repeatedly reloading the roster and Dallas' contention that the path to the Finals might be slightly easier in the West in spite of the Oklahoma City Thunder's collection of talented youngsters, given that several of the West's top contenders -- such as San Antonio and the Lakers -- have older rosters.

NBA Rumor Central
ESPN Insider can help you keep up with the latest NBA info. Check back often for the latest buzz.
Rumor Central

Williams' mother, Denise Smith, told ESPNDallas.com's Jeff Caplan in an interview this week that even she doesn't know which team Williams will choose. But she did say she expects her son to end the suspense quickly.

"No, no I don't (know)," Smith told ESPNDallas.com by phone from her home in the Dallas suburb of The Colony. "I thought he was going one way and another time thought he was going another way."

"I think he and his agent have gone over all of the possibilities and I think it (his decision) will be made pretty fast," Smith continued. "I think he wants it out of the way, just because I know I'm asked every day, so I know he's asked a million times.

Williams and his wife, Amy, who first met in the second grade, have four children. In recent offseasons, though, Williams has based his family in Utah, San Diego and Manhattan, preferring to keep some distance from his Texas roots.

The All-Star guard is scheduled to join his Team USA teammates in Las Vegas on July 5 for the first day of training camp before the London Olympics, but Williams will likely be forced to sit out practices until July 11, which is the first day new contracts can legally be signed this offseason.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:30 pm

well there goes that. no deron to lakers
Ariza3

Postby Finwë on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Right now, all things considered, who do you take, Bynum or Deron?
I'm leaning towards Deron. Not even sure, but I'm leaning a bit towards him.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby The Original 81 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Well this sucks.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard