Deron Williams Trade Discussion (Resigning w/Brooklyn)

Re: Deron Williams Trade Discussion (Still Open To S&T, PG. 17)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:07 pm

Rule of Thumb: If we can't get him, then stay in the East
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby dj vitus on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:16 pm

eltoro wrote:Yeah, but Deron can negotiate more years in addition to max money. Dudes. He just playin us.

He can still get that extra year with a S&T, right?
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby MadMax on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:44 pm

Are their wives sisters?
MadMax

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:57 pm

They have hot wives. I'd bang both of them.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:00 am

I thought that Deron always said that he hates the Lakers, ever since his Jazz days, and would never want to join us.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby khmrP on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:38 am

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:I thought that Deron always said that he hates the Lakers, ever since his Jazz days, and would never want to join us.

not that kind of hate, just the kind where he couldn't beat us all those years in utah, so saying goes "can't beat them join them"
khmrP

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:17 am

Nets On Verge Of Getting Commitment From Deron

And the Mavericks -- amid what sources close to the process describe as mounting evidence to suggest that the Nets are on the verge of clinching Deron Williams' commitment to re-sign with them and continue his career in Brooklyn -- are likewise hot after Nash. Nash himself has acknowledged hearing and reading about a lucrative one-year offer to come back to Texas to reunite with close friend Dirk Nowitzki after his emotional departure eight years ago in the event that the Mavericks lose out in the Williams sweepstakes. But sources told ESPN.com this week that the Mavs are prepared to make it a two-year pitch to try to beat out the competition to clinch Nash's return.

Damn.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:54 am

Crap. A lot posturing and rumoring going on. I wonder if we are even going to try and go after Deron. If he's really close with the Nets, then it's basically moot for us. This has been the problem all along, if he's content to actually make that deal then there is no way for us to get in there. If he's going to really test the waters and perhaps leave that's something else and the Nets would probably rather get someone back. Doesn't seem that way though.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:58 am

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
RT @NBAonESPN: Source: Deron Williams to meet with Nets and Mavs on Monday - http://es.pn/OPMmgb

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
RT @MazzESPN: Also Bucher reports Kidd will pick whatever team D-Will picks and back him up ... Nets or Mavs
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby The Rock on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:01 pm

Deron Williams, the most coveted player in this summer's free agent class, will meet with representatives from the Brooklyn Nets and Dallas Mavericks on Monday before deciding which team to sign with this July, according to a source privy to Williams' plan.

Mavericks free-agent point guard Jason Kidd will also join whichever team Williams chooses, sources said.

Williams is spending the weekend playing golf with Kidd in New York's Hamptons, sources say, yet one more indicator that the Nets have at least a fighting chance to keep Williams and add Kidd sometime after free agency begins Sunday.

Kidd, who has indicated that he hopes to serve as a backup to Williams either in Brooklyn or Dallas, also recently purchased a home in East Hampton, a source close to Kidd said.

Another source with business ties to both Kidd and Williams says that the two already have decided to play together for the Nets next season. However, multiple sources say Williams is still torn about his decision.

Williams has said he wants to make the decision before training camp for the U.S. men's Olympic team begins in Las Vegas on July 7.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8116596/2012-nba-free-agency-deron-williams-meet-brooklyn-nets-dallas-mavericks-reps-monday-source-says

Stephen A Smith says in the link all signs point to him staying in Brooklyn but Cuban will pull out all the stops to try to get him to Dallas

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:04 pm

So Kidd is following Deron? :man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Mr. Bryant on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:17 pm

KeepBynum wrote:So Kidd is following Deron? :man10:

I don't see the problem. They are like best friends. Kidd is now a backup anyways at his age.
Mr. Bryant

Postby The Rock on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Kidd can still ball. He posted better numbers than Sessions did in the playoffs

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:21 pm

The Rock wrote:

Yeah, but he only played four games. His numbers in the regular season were rather abysmal. 6 points, 6 assists, 36 FG%.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby PiNOYLaKERSFaN on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:25 pm

Time to swoop in with the magic wand Mitch!
PiNOYLaKERSFaN

Postby The Rock on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:27 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
The Rock wrote:

Yeah, but he only played four games. His numbers in the regular season were rather abysmal. 6 points, 6 assists, 36 FG%.

He got off to a really slow start just like the rest of the league because of the lockout season

His March and April numbers were solid for playing 30 mins a game

March 7.2 points, 3.5 rebs, 5 assists. 39% FG 41% 3s
April 8.5 points 4.7 points, 7.3 assists 47% FG 48% 3s

He woulda done just fine had he played more games in the playoffs

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Dirk Optimistic About Chance Of Landing Deron

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:43 pm

Dirk Optimistic About Chance Of Landing Deron

By Eddie Sefko / Reporter
esefko@dallasnews.com
12:40 pm on June 29, 2012 |

The Mavericks, like their fans, will spend the next 48 hour “hoping and praying” on the free-agent front, Dirk Nowitzki said this morning.

Nowitzki was leading an array of sports celebrities through batting practice at Dr Pepper BallPark in Frisco this morning and the subject quickly came to Deron Williams and the Mavericks’ pursuit of the NBA’s No. 1 free agent this summer.

Nowitzki had good news.

“I think he’s still undecided,” Nowitzki said. “He honestly is. I thought he might make a decision quick and get it out of the way. But I really think he’s torn. He’s got two great owners, two great organizations (to decide from). And obviously, I think Jersey, with the move to Brooklyn is even more appealing (than before).

“So I think he’s got two clubs and it’s a tough decision. We’re going to keep recruiting and hopefully we’ll get some good news this week. It’ll be very special for the city.”

Nowitzki said he already has talked to Williams, as players are allowed to converse among themselves although team management members are not allowed to do start their recruiting of free agents until 11:01 p.m., Dallas time, Saturday night.

“Obviously, I know him,” Nowitzki said. “We’ve played in multiple All-Star games together. We can talk amongst players. But I don’t feel I need to pitch much. He knows the organization. He knows what we have here. He knows what the city’s like. He grew up here. I think he knows what he has here.

“I told him I got a little something in the tank, too, for two more years. We’ll see what happens.”

Asked if he thought Williams eventually will see the light and bring his talents to north Texas, Nowitzki said: “We’d love that, for sure.’’

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/06/ ... exas.html/
Kobe8Fan

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:26 pm

^^ Dirk saying he's got a little left in the tank for two more years :man10:

That's exactly what DWill wants to hear Dirk :freak2:

Good Luck Dallas, Looks like Deron is staying in the East, which in my opinion is just fine. If we can't get him stay over there.
Battle Tested20

Postby jamabile on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:48 pm

Deron hasn't flip-flopped at all. He's going to test the free agent market, Dallas is going to court him, and Deron will end up signing with Brooklyn. Dwight will be there soon afterwards and they'll be playing next to each other.
jamabile

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:52 pm

jamabile wrote:Deron hasn't flip-flopped at all. He's going to test the free agent market, Dallas is going to court him, and Deron will end up signing with Brooklyn. Dwight will be there soon afterwards and they'll be playing next to each other.

That's not happening. Brooklyn has nothing to offer Orlando. Brook Lopez is a restricted free agent and can't be traded for a couple of months. Even if he could Lopez + fillers for Dwight is a pretty weak offer.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Mr. Bryant on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:48 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
jamabile wrote:Deron hasn't flip-flopped at all. He's going to test the free agent market, Dallas is going to court him, and Deron will end up signing with Brooklyn. Dwight will be there soon afterwards and they'll be playing next to each other.

That's not happening. Brooklyn has nothing to offer Orlando. Brook Lopez is a restricted free agent and can't be traded for a couple of months. Even if he could Lopez + fillers for Dwight is a pretty weak offer.

doesn't matter he will find a way to get there. Most likely in 2013 free agency.
Mr. Bryant

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:33 pm

^ Yep
Battle Tested20

Postby The Rock on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:02 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8116596/2012-nba-free-agency-deron-williams-meet-brooklyn-nets-dallas-mavericks-reps-monday-source-says

Kidd, who has indicated that he hopes to serve as a backup to Williams either in Brooklyn or Dallas, also recently purchased a home in East Hampton, a source close to Kidd said.

Another source with business ties to both Kidd and Williams says that the two already have decided to play together for the Nets next season. However, multiple sources say Williams is still torn about his decision.

Williams has said he wants to make the decision before training camp for the U.S. men's Olympic team begins in Las Vegas on July 7.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby 432J on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:21 pm

since when are kidd and williams best of friends?
432J

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:45 pm

432J wrote:since when are kidd and williams best of friends?

since the 2008 olympics
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard