Deron Williams Trade Discussion (Resigning w/Brooklyn)

Re: Deron To The Lakers?

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed May 23, 2012 2:27 pm

The Rock wrote:Howard doesn't want to come here, now but the fool could change his mind. Hes so indecisive. My goodness. He could very well change his mind we just dont know from minute to minute

I doubt it. The reason he doesn't wanna play here is cuz he's scared of Shaq's shadow. I don't see that changing
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed May 23, 2012 2:40 pm

If Lakers get Deron for Pau, then Dwight for Bynum will follow (because Dwight will definitely want to play with Deron).

But most likely, NJ is gonna ask for BYNUM in a S&T...i say we try to swing a 3 way deal where we send out both Pau and Bynum, and we get Deron and Dwight.

Either way, i would still do Lopez and D-Will for Bynum. I'm sick of this guy's attitude and i'd welcome an ALL STAR PG in Deron Williams and a decent big in Lopez.
FabFourLakers

Postby Doc Brown on Wed May 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Brook Lopez got double digit rebounds only 10 times in 82 games in the 2010-2011 season.

For those that want that trade to go down....

Just have your..... REBOUND THE [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] BALL......posts saved and ready to go.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby brickshooter on Wed May 23, 2012 3:02 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
The Rock wrote:Howard doesn't want to come here, now but the fool could change his mind. Hes so indecisive. My goodness. He could very well change his mind we just dont know from minute to minute

I doubt it. The reason he doesn't wanna play here is cuz he's scared of Shaq's shadow. I don't see that changing

Let's say that Howard changes his mind and wants the Lakers. Are you on board? Because so far all of you posts refusing a Bynum for Howard trade is predicated on a theory that Howard refuses to come to the Lakers.
brickshooter

Postby The Rock on Wed May 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Theres just one little curveball, I think Dwight has missed only a handful of games in his career, i wonder how much back surgery took out of him. Im a little concerned with that.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed May 23, 2012 3:05 pm

brickshooter wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:

Let's say that Howard changes his mind and wants the Lakers. Are you on board? Because so far all of you posts refusing a Bynum for Howard trade is predicated on a theory that Howard refuses to come to the Lakers.

Nope because Howard isn't an upgrade over Bynum and he's even more immature.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby khmrP on Wed May 23, 2012 3:09 pm

^^^being able to show high and not worry bout getting blown by on PnR is an upgrade.
khmrP

Postby brickshooter on Wed May 23, 2012 3:09 pm

IMO, I'd hang on to Bynum for a Howard deal. If that falls through, then I want to keep Bynum. I'm not thrill about Lopez who I think is a lazy bum 90% of the time. With Bynum at least I'll know that I 'll get an all-star 50% of the time and a bum the other 50%.

With the NJ deal, I'll offer either Gasol or pieces in a three way trade with either Minn or Houston. Deron Williams is UNRESTRICTED. In the end, I see Dallas making a trade with the Mavs to ensure Deron maximum money.

Anyone know what the rumored deal Dallas is willing to throw at Deron Williams?
brickshooter

Postby The Original 81 on Wed May 23, 2012 3:11 pm

At this point I think it's pretty silly to say Howard wouldn't be an upgrade over Bynum. I'd give the nod to Howard strictly based on consistency. I think Drew has the ability, he just has to get the right mindset.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby khmrP on Wed May 23, 2012 3:13 pm

brickshooter wrote:IMO, I'd hang on to Bynum for a Howard deal. If that falls through, then I want to keep Bynum. I'm not thrill about Lopez who I think is a lazy bum 90% of the time. With Bynum at least I'll know that I 'll get an all-star 50% of the time and a bum the other 50%.

With the NJ deal, I'll offer either Gasol or pieces in a three way trade with either Minn or Houston. Deron Williams is UNRESTRICTED. In the end, I see Dallas making a trade with the Mavs to ensure Deron maximum money.

Anyone know what the rumored deal Dallas is willing to throw at Deron Williams?

its a MAX deal regardless if he signs straight up or S&T with Dall but it will be for less yrs and less annual % raise because you can't do bird rights S&T anymore under current CBA. The only way he gets all his money and higher raises is to stay in NJ.
khmrP

Postby SmoothOperator on Wed May 23, 2012 3:16 pm

I give credit to Doc Brown for this trade scenerio that I personally believe is the most realistic to get Deron to LA for Pau.

It would have to be a 3-way trade between LA, T'Wolves, and Nets.

Wolves get Pau
Lakers get Deron
Nets get Beasley, Derrick Williams, Barea, and a future 1st.

Logically it makes alot of sense for all teams involved. I remember specifically the Wolves had inquired about Pau last year because they wanted to pair him with Rubio, so the interest is there for Minnesota. If Deron and his agents play the leverage card of, "I'm not returning to the Nets. Sign and trade me to LA for the Minny package, where you get a nice young prospect in derrick williams or I sign with Dallas and leave you with nothing".... the Nets may just blink.

This way the Lakers still have Bynum, and I guess if Dwight somehow agrees to sign a extension if he gets traded to the Lakers (something he clearly doesn't want to do, but this guy changes his mind on a daily basis), you still have Bynum as a trading chip to do the trade.
You can't spell LeBlow Image without ELBOW....
SmoothOperator

Postby khmrP on Wed May 23, 2012 3:20 pm

lakerswiz wrote:^ It makes no sense at all and Minny's interest in Pau was probably from unnamed sources.

Kevin Love + Pau?

To give up Beasley + Williams AND a first?

Minny would never answer the phone again.

they wouldn't answer the phone not because of the package, Minn doesn't like to spend money and I doubt they want to spend nearly $20mill on 30 something softy and they were able to maximize that ogre of a C they have right now with Rubio's play. Besides that Beasly is leaving Minn regardless, he doesn't want to be a backup anymore.
khmrP

Postby SmoothOperator on Wed May 23, 2012 3:23 pm

The Minny interest in Pau was reported by Fox Sports this February before the trade deadline:

According to Fox Sports, the Timberwolves would be willing to trade rookie Derrick Williams and some draft picks for Laker big man Pau Gasol (which sounds like a stretch): “A source said Wednesday that Minnesota continues to pursue a possible trade for Lakers forward Pau Gasol, dangling rookie Derrick Williams, who is from the Los Angeles area, and draft choices. The only players considered untouchable by the Timberwolves, who are seeking to add a veteran by the trade deadline, are Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio. The Timberwolves believe it could be enticing for Gasol to play on the same team as fellow Spaniard Rubio.”

source: http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Miami-Heat-Chris-Kaman-Minnesota-Timberwolves-Pau-Gasol-Los-Angeles-Lakers-trade-021512

So yeah, it's just speculation from my standpoint but I don't see it being too unreasonable.
You can't spell LeBlow Image without ELBOW....
SmoothOperator

Postby brickshooter on Wed May 23, 2012 3:24 pm

SmoothOperator wrote:I give credit to Doc Brown for this trade scenerio that I personally believe is the most realistic to get Deron to LA for Pau.

It would have to be a 3-way trade between LA, T'Wolves, and Nets.

Wolves get Pau
Lakers get Deron
Nets get Beasley, Derrick Williams, Barea, and a future 1st.

Logically it makes alot of sense for all teams involved. I remember specifically the Wolves had inquired about Pau last year because they wanted to pair him with Rubio, so the interest is there for Minnesota. If Deron and his agents play the leverage card of, "I'm not returning to the Nets. Sign and trade me to LA for the Minny package, where you get a nice young prospect in derrick williams or I sign with Dallas and leave you with nothing".... the Nets may just blink.

This way the Lakers still have Bynum, and I guess if Dwight somehow agrees to sign a extension if he gets traded to the Lakers (something he clearly doesn't want to do, but this guy changes his mind on a daily basis), you still have Bynum as a trading chip to do the trade.

I don't think that the Wolves will part with both their PF Williams plus a future 1st round. One or the other but not both. We're may have to throw in our own 1st rounder. So we're sending Gasol & our 1st rounder. Which ain't that bad since we have a tendency to hire strippers and bartenders to scout our 1st picks.
brickshooter

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed May 23, 2012 3:31 pm

The Original 81 wrote:At this point I think it's pretty silly to say Howard wouldn't be an upgrade over Bynum. I'd give the nod to Howard strictly based on consistency. I think Drew has the ability, he just has to get the right mindset.

How is it silly? Bynum is a MUCH better offensive player. Defensively Howard is better, but Bynum is no slouch in that department. Often times he's out of position because the perimeter players (Mainly Sessions and Blake) can't keep their man in front of them.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby GoldHammish on Wed May 23, 2012 3:37 pm

The Original 81 wrote:At this point I think it's pretty silly to say Howard wouldn't be an upgrade over Bynum. I'd give the nod to Howard strictly based on consistency. I think Drew has the ability, he just has to get the right mindset.

The only thing is what Rock mentioned, what effect with Howard's back have on his game? I realize that Drew has knee problems too, but IMO I stick with a guy who has the fundamentals but knee problems over the guy who's game seems to be predicated mostly on his athleticism but with back problems.
GoldHammish

Postby Kit on Wed May 23, 2012 3:40 pm

I think Dwill, Kobe, and Bynum will do the trick. I don't care about Howard and his poor FT%
Kit

Postby lakersin4 on Wed May 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Beasley is a FA isn't he? he can't be included in a deal.

Deron & Dwight would be great but I'd prefer:

mini mle - Nash

vets min - Odom

Bynum for Howard

Pau for Dwill2, Barea + another young player & pick. Salary dump that provides depth..

Hopefully dump Blake somewhere along the way.. He's useless with the triangle gone

Nash/Sessions
Kobe/Glock
Indiana Ron/Ebanks?/Barnes
Dwill2/Odom
Dwight/Hill

Despite adding Nash we would be greatly improved on the defensive end.. Dwill2 & Dwight are both fast enough for the P&R.. Would have much rather seen Odom on Durant in the playoffs.. Against bigger frontcourts we can go Dwight/Hill if we need to..
lakersin4

Postby brickshooter on Wed May 23, 2012 3:52 pm

KeepBynum wrote:

How is it silly? Bynum is a MUCH better offensive player. Defensively Howard is better, but Bynum is no slouch in that department. Often times he's out of position because the perimeter players (Mainly Sessions and Blake) can't keep their man in front of them.

At 20ppg, Howard's offense ain't that bad considering that he faces a double team defense most of the time.
brickshooter

Postby DarthRekal on Wed May 23, 2012 3:53 pm

borri wrote:Pau for Deron....in a heartbeat.

:jam2:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed May 23, 2012 3:57 pm

KeepBynum wrote:

Lol just because Bynum has a cute little left handed hook shot doesn't mean he's a much better offensive player. It's an absolute joke that people still think Bynum is anywhere near Howard. Howard just impacts the game in a way Bynum could only dream.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Center Court on Wed May 23, 2012 4:01 pm

revgen wrote:
BadCoaching wrote:Kobe with D12 and D.Will = 3 more rings for L.A. if everyone stays healthy.

And how is Mitch supposed to accomplish this feat?

Bynum, Blake, Ebanks for Howard (what Orlando would have taken for Dwight... his stock has only gone down and Orlando's leverage has faded)

Find a third team who really like Pau and will give up some pieces for him. Philly, Minny, and Houston come to mind.

Philly: Pau
NJ: Iggy, Tad Young
LAL: Deron

Minny: Pau
NJ: D Will, Beasley, 1st

Houston: Pau
NJ: Lowry, Scola, Martin
Center Court

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Wed May 23, 2012 4:01 pm

I would wait on any trade scenarios for Howard. He might be cooked after surgery, given that his game is based on athleticism. All of that bad karma he threw out in every direction this season may have come back and hit him.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Center Court on Wed May 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Center Court wrote:
revgen wrote:
BadCoaching wrote:Kobe with D12 and D.Will = 3 more rings for L.A. if everyone stays healthy.

And how is Mitch supposed to accomplish this feat?

Bynum, Blake, Ebanks for Howard (what Orlando would have taken for Dwight... his stock has only gone down and Orlando's leverage has faded)

Find a third team who really like Pau and will give up some pieces for him. Philly, Minny, and Houston come to mind.

Philly: Pau
NJ: Iggy, Tad Young

Minny: Pau
NJ: D Will, Beasley, 1st

Houston: Pau
NJ: Lowry, Scola, Martin

I want to add a few notes...

Dwight didn't want to come here because there was no PG to feed him the ball. If Deron AND Kobe are here, he's begging to come here

The report was DWill2, picks for Pau. Beasley was almost had for the TPE. Makes me think we could make both of those happen.

Sign Garnet and Odom, amnesty Blake, bring back Ebanks, Sesh and Hill

D12/Hill
Garnett/Odom
Ron/Ebanks/Shooters
Kobe/Shooters
Deron/Sessions/Shooters
Last edited by Center Court on Wed May 23, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Center Court

Postby denimPortugal on Wed May 23, 2012 4:08 pm

D-Will in a LAKER uniform... :man13: :man13: :jam2:
denimPortugal

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard